Thursday, January 7, 2021

Dispirited--The Day After

 At 3:30 am I finally turned off the TV. At around 5:30 am, I finally slept. Tommy woke me just before 11 am per my request. I did not sleep well even though I slept soundly. 

There are enough dishes in the kitchen to keep both of us busy for a long time today. We ate all the leftovers except the blackeyed peas in the crockpot. So, I have to cook again! 

Getting my driver's license had been postponed until Friday or maybe next week. 

I feel dispirited. I know the feeling will pass. Maybe I need to eat since it has been over 13 hours since I last ate. LOL...I could just eat my way out of this funk? Maybe some blackeyed peas with catsup all over? 

All day Wednesday I did not step outside the house. And, today, it's raining out. Sunshine would improve my head. I know this will pass. I never give up hope. But, I am sad and grateful.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you definitely need some food in you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      LOL. I ate and now ate again. We got out to pick up a prescription for Tommy, and I went in Publix. Cherries are waiting on me. I saw a little sunshine before the clouds closed again. But, I feel more hopeful.

      Delete
  2. Black eyed peas sound great with ketchup, but I love ketchup and mayo and tend to put both on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      I only put catsup on BEPs when I eat them alone. I am glad to hear you think it sounds good. Now, on a plate of other food, I don't use catsup, well, hardly ever. lol

      Delete
  3. I don't care for catsup very much. However I do put it on black eyed peas, crowder peas and occasionally along with a grilled cheese on sourdough. I prefer tomato soup with the sandwich but catsup works okay. I never order French fries but I have dipped a few from John's plate in catsup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I only eat catsup on fries or blackeyed peas. Otherwise, no.

      Delete
  4. Eat healthy, get your rest, and move to the next day. It's what we all need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...