Thursday, January 7, 2021

Blue Sky

 Today, I saw a bit of blue sky that disappeared as clouds once again closed in.  After we went to a drive-thru for Tommy's two prescriptions, I went to Publix--four half-gallons of a2milk, Dasani, cherries, bananas, tomatoes. Oh, chocolate chip cookies on sale made me happier before I even ate one. 

For dinner--two healthful hotdogs with Chili--No Beans on top, mine with cheese, steamed cabbage. I scorched the cabbage, so neither of us had much. 

Usually, we eat the whole can of hotdog chili. Last time we ate it, I froze half the can, saving money. 

Tonight, I watched Mr. Mayor, and I love it! I watched Call Me Kat, and I do not like it. I so wanted to like it. Maybe I will watch it one more time and see if I can stand it. She talks to the camera toooo much. I like Breaking the Fourth Wall, but the sitcom use is not effective for me in "Kat." I like Mayim Bialik, but this show is so far not my cup of tea. 

Has anyone seen these two sitcoms? What is your opinion? 


6 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same way about Call Me Kat! Mayim B. is SO talented, and that "talking to the camera" is SO annoying I don't know if I can watch it again or not. So sad! I was so looking forward to seeing her in a new show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEFting,
      Exactly! All you said! Modern Family Breaks the Fourth Wall just right. She does not. I have been waiting for her.

      Delete
  2. It's been pretty sunny here considering that it's January. It's been a very mild winter overall do far and I'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nd.chic,
      Being sunny is great for my mood. Always a great thing. Hopefully, your winter will be mild overall.

      Delete
  3. Call me Kat is a remake - loosely I might add - of a British show called Miranda. I thought it seemed very familiar. But the shops they both own are different. Miranda was on quite some time ago and it was funny but I have seen two episodes of Call me Kat and not sure I like it. I did like her in The Big Bang Theory. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I was not aware of that. I will watch it one more time to decided whether I go or stay. I love her on Big Bang Theory. Thanks for the info.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...