Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Crick in the Neck

 No sleep Saturday night and a hard nap on Sunday left me with a crick in my neck. We went for a ride with a mission--find scraps of 2x4s for the bluebirds. We found no scraps. 

I went to the junk pile where I found my treasure, and there was not a scrap of sawdust left! There will be other construction around. 

Every time Tommy accelerated, I cried out in pain, just a little whine sometimes. Turning corners and breaking had less painful results. I could barely turn my head to right or left. Dodging the sun by turning my head made my neck hurt. As you can see, this was not a fun ride on top of being unfruitful. I was such a whiney baby! 

When we go to Cullman, I can go to a lumber yard to have the birds cut. Remember the bluebirds? I am going to add the crown part to make them into cardinals, too. I think I can sell these. Maybe on pinterest?

A trip to Publix netted me 6 half-gallons of a2milk for $20 since it was on sale 3/$10. The "use by" date is in May, so these will be good forever. This is the best deal I can get on milk. Plus, this is not even a half gallon, just 59 ounces! I hate that, really hate it. 

Since we have fresh carrots, potatoes, onions, butternut squash, Romaine, apples, oranges, bananas, and strawberries, I cannot think of anything else we need and there is no produce on sale to tempt me. Plus, I have frozen fruits and vegetables, I am content. Oh, I have canned produce and fruit, too. Life is good. 

Do you feel a bit cheated when you buy a formerly half gallon that now only have 59 ounces instead of 64? Of course, they state the ounces so a person cannot cry "foul." 

When did you last have a crick in your neck?

The sun shone brightly today and it was dry and warm enough, mid-60s. Tomorrow will be even warmer  and still dry. 

14 comments:

  1. I haven’t noticed our milk shrinking yet, but if yours have shrunk then I’m sure ours will too in the near future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      This milk has always been shrunk. Maybe you don't buy the same brand.

      Delete
  2. I have a slight crick right now but I have it nearly every day. Hopefully the new mattress will put an end to it eventually.

    It's good to see that life is good for you! it has been a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I hope I can get rid of this tonight after I am sleep. Hopefully, your mattress with help. Some things are good! But, I am happy.

      Delete
  3. I rarely buy milk- do you drink it as a beverage or use it in your cereal? I went through my pantry and freezer and made several meal plans...still a lot of food and my farm share coming every Thursday. I finally finished my corned beef! My sis often gets a crick in her neck- I don't think I've had it but a couple of times. Here's hoping it's gone today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      If I have cereal, I put milk in it. If I have a banana for breakfast, I have a glass of milk with it. If I have a pb, MW, and banana sandwich for breakfast, I have milk. At night I often have milk because I am hungry. Milk is never a beverage for vegetables. It took out a package of breasts, a package of legs, and another of thighs. When I cook them, I will have the protein for about 20 meals. I love getting protein from the freezer, vegetables, too! My back hurts too much to cook every night. Maybe I will find corned beef on sale. With the two of us, finishing corned beef would be no problem. I don't get a crick very often, thankfully. I took three baby aspirins and it feels much better though it is still tender. It is the middle of the night and I decided to get out the laptop.

      Delete
  4. I hated it when half-gallons of ice cream (64 oz.) became a quart and a half (48 oz.) at the same price. I hated it when the 11-oz. potato chip bag became 9 oz. and then 7-3/4 oz. in the same size bag at the same price. If I drank a2milk I would hate that 60 to 59oz. shrinkage too, although shrinking by 1/60th is a lot easier to swallow (see what I did there?) than the ice cream carton shrinking by 1/4 or 25% and the potato chips by about 1/3....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice the milk size changing. I'd rather they just raise the price than me having to find more room in my fridge or go shopping more often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      The sellers are the only ones who profit. The buyers are tricked! Even when you pay attention, it is still tricky.

      Delete
  6. I no longer drink milk because of the high sugar (carb) content. When I put something in my coffee, it's heavy whipping cream because of the lower sugar content and I only use maybe one tablespoon per day.

    Humans are the only mammals that drink milk as adults, did you know that? No grown dog or cow goes to a momma of its species to drink. Milk is a product to make the infants of a species as fat as possible as quickly as possible. So I stopped drinking it. I drink coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day.

    I'm really ready for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I don't drink coffee, so no worry there. Yes, I did know other adult mammals do not drink milk. However, other adult mammals never turn down milk.

      It was up to 74F today and I wore a spring outfit.

      Delete
  7. cricks in the neck are no fun indeed

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...