Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Monday Busyness

 It was a beautiful day with blue skies, large clouds, sun, and a breeze. I was determined to go to Cullman since I put it off three times in the last week due to no sleep. 

Well, Sunday night, I did not sleep a minute! But, I went anyway. It was exhausting! However, I came home and was in bed by 4:30. It was a late nap, but I was back in bed by midnight. 

My PO box was stuffed full, as usual. I forgot to take a tote bag and had to pick out the mail a letter or two at a time, take to table and go back for another two envelopes. If it weren't for junk mail, my box would be almost empty. I did get a letter saying my stimulus is on the way. 

My yard has still not been mown. I am not quite sure what it takes to get someone to mow. A friend said he would mow at Thanksgiving and is still making excuses. grrr The privet hedge is trying to set up a stand in the front yard. My tulips and daffodils are beautiful in the front yard and the back yard is full of daffodils. 

We went to KFC and bought three dinners. Tommy's Cullman cousin who has treated him to Bright Star meals for years met us at the lake in the city. (Bright Star is a famous Greek restaurant in Birmingham.) As you know, I love KFC a lot. Even though it was 70 degrees out and sunny, the wind was blowing off the lake which affected my gravy. I should have eaten it first because it was just a cold glob of potatoes and gravy after a bit, rather tasteless and not comforting at all. 

We sat there for two hours, eating, talking, and laughing. When we were ready to leave, his cousin brought out a box of masks and told us to take two or three. We  took two apiece. His wife had made many and sent them for us to choose our own. 

I talked to a business about cutting my birds. I tried to go into Lowe's but the electric carts were all being used. I forgot to go to the one grocery I wanted to go into. We went to Walgreen's because there was something she needed to check. 

On the way home I told Tommy he could have hotdog, chili, and either strawberries or grape tomatoes, or both. I went to bed and left him to fend for himself. When I awoke at 8:30, he had slept a bit and had not eaten. So, we had a hotdog naked with only condiments. 

Since I have had trouble with reflux, I have very pointedly tried not to eat much after dinner or too late. I also avoid some foods. In the last three days, I have lost a pound or more each day. There is no need to lecture me on eating. You will only annoy me. With gastroparesis, I am supposed to eat six of seven small meals a day. With diabetes, I cannot fast. 

Monday was a good day full of sun and conversation and KFC. Have you had a good week so far? Sunshine? Conversation? 

4 comments:

  1. gray and cold here mostly - feels like Alaska
    KFC! I haven't had any in years. I liked it. I wonder if it is the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Too bad it is cold. I don't think KFC has ever changed, but you may think so.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. It was fun with the KFC and Tommy's cousin.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...