Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Exercise

 Monday, I needed to go to Cullman to give my gift of an azalea plant and a birthday card to my friend turning 90 on Monday. I did not get a card out in time, so I just had to bring it and gift to her. I knew she was going out to lunch with her children, so we went there first thing after calling first. When we arrived, her yard was full of azaleas of all colors in full bloom. So, I knew she would appreciate another azalea. There are plenty of spaces in her yard. 

Another friend gave her a gardenia, so she has new flowers. She received so many visits and phone calls that today, Wednesday, she is just recovering. 

I went to the PO to get my mail and found my box locked. When I went to the proper counter to find out for sure and fix the problem, the attendant used his outdoor voice to tell me I could not break in line and pointed out "all those people are standing in line and you can too." I then used my outdoor voice to tell him I did not ask to break in line! I left just furious! 

I found a guy to make me new birds and took scraps of 2x6 and 2x4 to cut from. Some boards had the bird pattern already traced. Well, he is charging me an exorbitant price just to cut them. But, I will get a few as I am going to sell them. My friend's other bird rotted, too, so she is having two made for me and two for her. 

While there, I went to Publix to see if I could buy a azalea for me. No, all gone. 

Tuesday, I called about my PO Box and was told it is still available if I get there first to pay for it. I tried to pay it online, but that failed. I do have a USPS account but the site said--NO. So, I went to local PO and was told I could not. Yet, last fall, I was told I could. So, I asked Tommy if we could go to Cullman. We just left and drove there, paid for PO box, went to my lot, returned four pair of pants to Belk where I looked for shoes for Tommy. No luck. 

The price is high enough on my box, but I was charged and extra $23 late charge. Believe me, I have noted the date due on my calendar. I have not paid late charge, interest, or any extraneous charges for years. I hate to pay extra charges. 

I called dentist and asked if they had an opening to get my teeth cleaned. Surprisingly, they had an opening at 1 pm. I had my teeth cleaned and discussed my teeth and future work. Remember the place between two teeth where I thought I had a cavity causing pain, and I used clove oil? Well, there is no cavity or sign of one. The pain is from receding gum between those two teeth. 

Fluoride was applied to my teeth. That stuff is nasty. I have a fluoride rinse to use from now on. The plan from here forward is to removed huge amalgam fillings tht are cracked and falling apart on two teeth  and replace with crowns. The dental hygienist is soooo nice! 

Today, Wednesday, I went to appointment with endocrinologist. A person was coming to push me in, someone I was paying. Well, I am two weeks too early. So, I have to pay the "pushing" part of today's cost and next time's cost, too. I was and am so frustrated. 

I struggled to get the wheelchair out of the bedroom and down the ramp. So, I will be frustrated to put it back, knowing I have to do this in two weeks. 

As we left the office, I suddenly saw a sign on a building in Homewood that said Chocolate Lounge. The only thing I can find on the internet of the same name is in Dubai. Anne, have you seen this? If it is a lounge as we know it, I am not interested. I hope is is just a name for a place that sells chocolate. 

Exercising has been slow. I managed to do three one-minute sessions on Sunday, one on Monday. On Tuesday I was not shocked at how long 30 seconds was. At the end of 1 minute, I told Tommy to keep time still, but tell me when another 30 seconds beyond the one-minute target had passed. Wow, I marched for 90 seconds and did not feel like I was literally going to die. Wednesday, I did the same as soon as I woke. Since we have been gone and it is almost 6 pm. I plan to only get one more 90 second session done today. 

Tuesday night, I went to bed at midnight and awoke this morning, Wednesday,  at 10 am. And, my feet were barely swollen. Hopefully, my stamina with marching, feet less swollen, and adequate sleep continue. I realized I was headed down a path with a dangerous end. 

Tonight, Wednesday, I am exhausted even though I only rode to the doctor's and back. It looks like Monday and Tuesday caught up with me. 

6 comments:

  1. I have never noticed the chocolate lounge sign, but I am only in Homewood when I am driving and really don't look at anything other than where I am going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I was not driving is the only reason I saw the sign. Tommy did not see it either!

      Delete
  2. why don't you have your mail forwarded so you don't have to drive to pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      I did this so I could have a stable place and address no matter where I was located until something permanent happens. I have reason to go there, anyway. This was just a blip.

      Delete
  3. A chocolate lounge sounds kind of fun. My town has a cigar lounge and a Hookah lounge- both are yuck in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      I have no use for a cigar lounge or a hookah lounge, but I could be all over a chocolate lounge. By the way, we do have a hookah lounge...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...