Thursday, April 15, 2021

Rest and Productivity

 When we get the dishwasher loaded, I tell Tommy it is time to scour the sink with Barkeeper's Friend. Once he did not get up and scour the sink. I was mildly complaining to him. He told me from now on, just tell him to do it. So, I do. 

Well, the last time I told him, he said, "Why does it have to be washed EVERY time?" He sort of wailed like he was in distress. I laughed so hard! I mentioned being clean as one of the reasons for cleaning it at least once a week. When I pointed out that it is easier to clean and takes less time if it is not horribly gunky. I think that may have made an impression on him--the part about not taking so long.  The sink is completely emptied about every five days. So, he is not ruining his hands scouring. I do not demand excellence every day...lol.

Monday and Tuesday caught up with me on Wednesday. I did nothing except ride to doctor's office and go in and buy two cookies at Cookie Fix. That finished me off. 

For Wednesday dinner I put about 8 Brussel's Sprouts and 8 meatballs out for Tommy to microwave along with salad fixings. Then, I went to bed for an hour. When he called me, I told him I needed another hour. But, in 30 minutes I got up, never having slept at all. Still, I did not eat dinner. Then, I only slept from 1 am to 5:30 am. So, here on Thursday, I have no plans to do anything except making potato salad with all this celery I bought at Easter for $0.99. We will have leftover chicken, sliced tomatoes, and potato salad. 

Of course, since he won't eat cold potatoes or eggs, this will be tricky. Now, it is 6:20 pm on Thursday, and there will be no potato salad. Whatever. 

I have done one minute and 30 seconds of marching and may do another set. 

We went for a ride and got ice cream. The sun was so bright that I could not keep my eyes open! Although I did nothing physical, I did manage to make five very productive phone calls that should have been done earlier. Now, it all the people I talked with do their job, it will have been a super-productive day. Do you ever have just phone call days that are worth every minute you spend as opposed to days when you cannot reach the right person or get a positive reaction? 

8 comments:

  1. Would you call my husband every evening and tell him to scrub our sink too?


    Just kidding :). But you are right that it needs done everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      I read your comment to Tommy and remarked it was funny. I asked him if he thought your comment and asked him if your comment was funny. He said he would hate to be the recipient of my call.

      The sink does not get scrubbed every night because I do not have it empty every night. But, it looks so much better than it did when I came here and is much easier than the first time he cleaned it. I just hurt standing so long after making dinner, so he gets some of the stuff to do that we need done around here.

      Delete
  2. I love Barkeepers Friend. We have and enamel caste iron sink in the kitchen and it makes it shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      I used it on my claw foot cast iron tub and it shone like new. If you ever cannot find it, ZUD works the same.

      Delete
  3. I am constantly calling and receiving phone calls with the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I hope they are as productive as the calls I made.

      Delete
  4. I sounds like Tommy needs a lot of limits and structure and the use of the golden word "Regardless"

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...