Friday, May 7, 2021

Blue Skies, Attitude, Free Wood, Groceries, Stocking Up

 Does a beautiful day make you as happy as it does me? I feel very light and carefree. Any problem seems like it can be easily solved. At least, I feel like I have the will, stamina, desire to take on whatever I must do to accomplish my goals. The lack of sunshine adversely affects my attitude. 

How about you?

Today, the sky was almost clear of clouds and the clear blue sky gave way to clear and darker blue skies. We went to Cullman where I had  a good day. I picked up some woodwork from my carpenter. My friend, James, gave me wood for chair bottoms. I have nice cedar boards for bird houses and more 2x6 boards for another project that the carpenter will hew for me. James is building a house and I am welcome to any scraps of wood that I want. 

At a store I found a sale of Suddenly Salad--5 for $5. I bought 6. Last year, I bought enough for one box each month.  But, I have not been eating it that often. Cheese has not been on sale forever! Today, I felt lucky to find Kraft Chunk Medium Cheddar for $2.99. I only bought one, hoping for a better sale later on. 

I spent $9. 

I think I broke a record today--5 hours in the car and in and out for chores, and I did not have to go to the bathroom! I hope this is not a bad thing right now. My feet are not as swollen as they usually are when we spend any time in the car.  Could the exercise be paying off?

Dinner tonight--meatballs, Suddenly Salad, green beans, and carrots. Tommy said that since we were having SS, we only needed one other vegetable. HUH? He said he thinks of pasta salad as a vegetable, so we only need either carrots or green beans. Suddenly Salad is  "bread" to me. We had a bit of lettuce and tomato on our Whopper Jr. at lunch. Suddenly Salad does not have enough vegetables to make even one helping for one person, and we leave the peas out since I cannot eat them. 

Okay, I need to get Tommy at least one of the 4 pounds of carrots in the refrigerator and a carrot peeler. I need to get 128 meatballs on one tray and into the oven. 

6 comments:

  1. I've actually been cooking up a storm this morning...that's an old saying, isn't it? Anyhow I have made stuffed Poblano peppers, a Greek yogurt coffee cake and Ricotta pound cake. I mostly wanted to sue up foods I had in the fridge that were close to expiration. Living in Florida now, there are few not lovely sunshiny days- it might be 90 and HOT but still pretty outside. This is definitely not my favorite time of year since I moved here- I prefer autumn now! Happy Mother's Day- my 2 out of state kids sent me candy (which I really need LOL) and flowers. I sent my GD an American Girl doll she chose for her birthday which is next week. I'm thinking today and tomorrow should be relaxing and no more cooking or housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      You have been cooking up a storm. Taking a break of a few days is the right thing to do...lol. I want an American Doll! I wonder if I would like the heat of summer where you live.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you - I don't think of pasta as veggies. ;-) I like his optimistic thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HP,
      I cannot imagine how he thought that. But, we did have carrots and green beans with the pasta.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you are feeling happy.
    Beautiful weather is such a tonic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. Good weather certainly is a good tonic. Actually, though, I rarely have to look far to be happy about things.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...