Tuesday, May 11, 2021

This and That

For Mother's Day I received a box of candy and a dozen yellow roses. I love yellow roses and pink roses. Red roses do nothing for me. When I was about eleven-years-old until I was eighteen-years-old, we lived in a house with a pump house covered in yellow roses. The pump house was not a short one, but tall enough an adult could stand easily in it. So, there were lots of roses. I was confused when I saw a short pump house. I don't think we had well water there. 

Tommy ordered me a DNA test for a gift, just what I wanted. I am really looking forward to getting the results from the spit I send them. 

Monday, I felt so awful, just exhausted, so I made slaw and heated up meatballs and carrots. It was actually really delicious. For lunch, we each had our leftover bbq from Sam's BBQ. 

Next week, I will be getting a blood test for covid antibodies. The doctor is all for this. Have you had one? 

My dishwasher is still not repaired. I am so sick of washing dishes because I cannot do them all at once. Yes, I miss a day or two now and then. Calling about that again is my top priority. 

This video is amazing and HEARTWARMING.

About the magazine IN STYLE--I have received this for a year, from where I knew not, and have enjoyed it and passed it on to someone else. I finally figured out why I received it when I received an offer with the last copy. It seems that this magazine can be sent to someone else if I buy a subscription for myself. Sooo, thanks whoever sent it to me. 

Tinnitus has not returned, thankfully. That was the most bizarre and disconcerting thing I have ever experienced. But, I still feel unwell and weak. But, I am grateful not to be waylaid by noise.  Still, I need to know what to do if it ever happens again. 

My to-do for today is cooking several packages of chicken and a ground pork. Plus, I have one little cleaning project. If the little cleaning project is successful, it will turn into a huge cleaning project. 

So, have you or are you going to have a covid antibodies test? 


12 comments:

  1. I guess I don't know. Do your kids live near you and deliver the flowers and chocolate, or did you receive by delivery? I too am not a red rose fan. I'd prefer most other flowers than roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      My children live far away. I have come to like tulips, too. But, yellow or pink roses are especially pretty.

      Delete
  2. How nice to receive mother's day gifts were they from your kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Not entirely. Yes, all mothers should receive gifts...lol.

      Delete
  3. I didn't get the covid antibody test,and probably won't. My husband and I got both vaccinations and it has been long enough now that on Sunday we will be able to hold our new granddaughter (4 months old) for the first time, and hug our grandson for the first time in a year, and hug my daughter, too. We will be celebrating a belated Mother's Day. I postponed it from the real day because it was cold and rainy that day and we would have had to be outside. We had planned on being outside this coming Sunday, but I'll be darned if storms aren't predicted. My husband and I will have had the second shot long enough to be safe. My daughter has had her first vaccination, but our son in law isn't doing the vaccinations. Hopefully, we will all be safe. They usually gift me with a gift card, but seeing them will be a huge gift. We've seen our little grand daughter several times and it was difficult not to just cuddle and hug her. But we could have exposed her to Covid if we would have had it.
    My daughter phoned me on actual Mothers day and we had a nice visit that way, and my son called from Florida where he is stationed and we talked a really long time.
    I had all kinds of after effects after my second vaccination. Low Fever,joint pain, weird burning eyes all day one day, and a red rash that still itches around the vaccination area. The only symptom my husband had after his second shot was burning eyes and extreme tiredness the evening of the shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Your future meeting sound like fun and much needed interaction. I had absolutely no reaction to the first vaccine and a barely sore arm days later for the second. That is why I am having the covid antibody test.

      Delete
  4. My husband and I both had the 'rona in September last year. We donate blood every 56 days and have shown positive for antibodies every time since. We also both got vaccinated (though I'm not entirely certain we needed it as we showed positive for antibodies, but whatever.)

    I'll see my son this weekend and I see my daughter several days a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I wonder why 56 days? I do hope I test positive for antibodies.

      Delete
    2. That's the soonest they'll allow repeat blood donations. Eight weeks.

      Delete
    3. Alic,
      Okay, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

      Delete
  5. Oh that video is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      It is the kind of video I could watch every day! I was touched.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...