Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Bad Habit or just one time

 Okay, this cannot become a habit! I have never eaten during the night! EVER! But, last night, I could not sleep and was famished. And, I could not sleep. So, about 5 am, I ate cream cheese.  Then, I ate cheese. Then, I ate ice cream. ugh I will just drink water next time! 

I finally went to sleep about 7 am and slept until noon. At 1pm, I rested for twenty minutes while I called a friend. 

Needless to say, I am maybe one bit better. Tommy is going to do the grocery shopping today. Needing milk is the only reason he needs to go at all. When they were out of my milk, I just got one whole milk. They still don't have whole milk in the a2milk, so he is going to get only one half gallon today. I did make a list for him, so we will see how he does. Sometimes, I have trouble with even a list, so it won't matter as I can just rest in the car, maybe sleep. 

Now, the weather looks bad, so maybe we can wait until tomorrow.  Okay, we waited for a hour or so and went in a sprinkle and came home in dry weather...lol. He got everything I listed. 

He substituted the kind of salad greens I buy but I could not remember exactly what to get. He did find my Cokes b2g1, so that was good. I told him to get anything he wanted, junk or not, to just get it if he wanted to eat it. He got nothing. He is not a browser. Well, today he was not. But, the bananas are what I wanted and he got the kind I like--not green. 

We are having hotdogs, no buns, chili sauce with no beans, and cole slaw for dinner tonight. I think I can manage to microwave hotdogs, and make slaw if Tommy will open the can of chili. 

I feel a teensy bit better tonight than this morning. Who knows? Making slaw might just destroy me.  I think tomorrow will be better with the prednisone and Z pack.

A friend is going to cut the chair bottoms for me from the wood he gave me. I hope he lets me pay him.  YAY!  Now, I need to shop for fabric to cover the chairs. Maybe I can get something used for the upholstery or something cheap, on sale, clearance.  I suppose I will have to buy a stapler since my heavy one I bought for $1 at a yard sale is gone!

Tomorrow's trip to get my mail has been cancelled since 80% rain and storms are forecast. I also cancelled free lunch. Since a person has to reserve a lunch, I suppose they expected a cancellation instead of a no-show. 

Even on a gray day, there are smiles. We saw a bunny playing in the neighbor's yard. 

Do you ever eat in the middle of the night if you awake hungry? What do you eat?

10 comments:

  1. I got 3 hrs. sleep Tuesday and 4 hrs. last night. I eat crackers and drink water when hungry during the sleep time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      You are getting as little as I. I need to figure out what my go to food for middle of the night will be...lol. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. The only thing I have consumed when I wake and can't get back to sleep is water. Now if I am still awake late at night I and have not yet gone to bed, I have been known to have a popsicle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      This was definitely an aberrance in my usual actions. A popsicle sounds good.

      Delete
  3. I am a terrible night eater. But it is usually that I can't fall asleep so I get up and get a snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Even when I don't sleep a wink all night, I only have a sip of water. I have no idea why I ate at all and so much. What do you eat for your snack?

      Delete
  4. I try not to eat after around 7pm but yes, ice cream at anytime is always welcome! Hope the weather isn't too bad in your place, the weather reports in the south always look so scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      Tommy does not want to eat until 7:30! Thankfully, there was only about a half cup of ice cream left. There is a lot of rain, warnings, and flooding. We don't go out, just stay here! The rain and thunder are sometimes scary, though. Thankfully, there have been no tornadoes.

      Delete
  5. Eating at night is a bad habit easily provoked and not easily stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      That is what I suspected. Thankfully, I have not been hungry at might much ever.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...