Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Frugal Dreams

 As I have said, I slept not a wink on Monday night.  I did have a few things to do before I went to bed for a long nap. 

First, I called the doctor. So, I had to tell her all about what I wanted/needed. I told about the three inhalers, the guaifenesin, present temp, and coughing, wheezing, pain in chest...on and on. She said she would get the assistant to call me. I was so upset at not having this message given to the doctor...PhD nurse. 

SO, I COULD NOT GET SLEEP.

Then, hours later, I received a call from the nurse. I asked her if she did not get the message with all I said. Well, it appears not so I had to repeat myself. I was not in a good mood! AND, I forgot some of the items she needed to know, like the inhalers. I did not need a prescription for another inhaler is the reason I thought this was important. Hopefully, all this got to the doctor. 

Sooo, finally I slept. My dreams were all frugal. I dreamed about cooking the whole time I dreamed. 

I had found roasts on sale so bought several. Then, I had the butcher cut them smaller. Then, I was cutting them myself. You know how dreams go. I tore pieces of foil to cook many of these "dinners" of roast, carrots, and onion, and a stalk of celery.  I busily loaded the foil and folded the foil just so. I was reveling in how many meals I cooked/prepared at one time. Each "meal" was good for two or three meals when thawed. 

I was so busy as I slept and rested. I slept over four hours and awoke feeling like someone beat me. Now, we are going to get my prescription. 

Okay, at 7 pm, I have two prescriptions. Tommy went into Publix and got me a chicken breast, Cheerios for him, and chocolate ice cream. Now, at home, I don't feel like eating anything. But, I must and I must drink lots of water.  He is eating the rest of the breast and will have two boneless thighs, green beans, and tomatoes. 

I wish I had some of the roasts and vegetables I prepared and cooked in my sleep.


6 comments:

  1. They say a woman's work is never done don't they - and here's you batch cooking in your sleep! I hope you manage to get some rest now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders, Right, crazy. I awoke exhausted from cooking. I only feel a smidgen better, not enough to really notice.

      Delete
  2. I really hate having to repeat myself after I've given someone all the info either in an email or voicemail. Roast and veggies sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      And, if a message is passed on, it is the teller's version of what I said and not helpful. It is too bad there was nothing actually cooked, just dreamed about.

      Delete
  3. You are so funny. I don't cook in my dreams but I do redecorate and paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Now, I will probably starting painting in my dreams!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...