Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday

 Okay, I managed to erase a whole post with one keystroke. So, that will be for tomorrow. I am so disgusted. I forgot the keystroke to restore it. What is it? 

Dinner tonight was delicious if I do say so. Tommy enjoyed it even though it had no salt. He told me once he had to have salt on everything. Well, he know there was no salt and said it was good. 

I took a small cookie pan and lined it with foil. Most of a pound of baby carrots were spread on it. On top of the carrots I put four really thin premade ground beef patties with a slice of Vidalia onion on top of the beef patty. I scooted the carrots together and put bunches of whole green beans, just enough for a helping for both of us. The green beans got their olive oil massage. I sprinkled garlic powder and Grillmates Smokehouse Maple seasoning, just a bit. Who knows how long it was in the oven, but it was done. 

He saved one of his beef patties with the Vidalia onion slice on it for lunch tomorrow. There are enough carrots for another meal, too. 

The beef patties and the carrots were given to me. YAY! 

We went to the bread store and got two loaves of bread and hotdog buns for $3. 

Saturday, a friend had a memorial service for her husband who died from Covid. He was bil of a friend. Monday, the same friend had a funeral for his mother. 

Tomorrow there is a zoom memorial for a friend of mine. On the 4th there is a potluck memorial, like the 4th she had for all of us. I will see so many old friends and maybe reconnect with a few! This woman always had a 4th street party. There was a band, fire dancer, and lots of good food.  She only provided a party place for her friends. Each house on the street had its own party if they desired. The street was closed off and lots of people walked in Southside to sit on the pavement and watch fireworks. This should be a fun reunion and memorial.

So, how is your day going? We had our last dry day today and lots of heat. 

5 comments:

  1. I have often erased a whole post with a single keystroke and it is very frustrating, but I was not aware that there is a keystroke that can restore the whole thing. If you find out what it is, please post about it. Wait, the word “Undo” just came into my brain, but I can’t remember if it’s a key or a programmable function key or part of some application I have used before.

    At the bread store I go to, loaves of bread and also buns are 79 cents each, so the total for 2.bread and 1 buns would be 79 x 3, or $2.37 (plus tax of course. Mine is 7%, yours is 10%). Move to Georgia and save money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post if and when I found out what the keys are.

      Delete
  2. I kind of like the intermittent rains. It keeps me from having to water the vegetables and flowers.
    Hope you have a fun 4th party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      For ay kind of garden, this is perfect rain. I should enjoy it since I will be seeing dozens of friends I have not seen in years!

      Delete
  3. In most Microsoft Windows applications, the keyboard shortcut for the undo command is Ctrl+Z

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...