Sunday, July 18, 2021

Saturday and Sunday

 Saturday night, I put all eight amber, pint, Ball canning jars and the rings into the dishwasher. I don't put the lids with the seal in water that hot as I feel it will lessen the sealing. I plan to use them for items that I keep in jars. At least they will keep the light from affecting food. When I start dehydrating again, I will use pint jars as I always have. 

Saturday night, I decided to go to bed at 7:45 and take an hour nap before a movie came on that I wanted to see. Well, that was not to be. Tommy was knocking around. Apparently, he spilled a Diet Pepsi on his table. He went to the bathroom and washed out the hand towel in the bathroom sink. I suppose I heard him rattling around a plastic bowl that lives in the sink. 

Then, I heard loud fireworks going off for a few minutes. I was up and madder than a wet hen. My heart was pounding before I left the bed, so rushing to look out the front door made me nauseous and dizzy. I pulled open the door and looked out. It was the very nice neighbor across the street. They quit shooting off fireworks. I suppose they thought I was angry and quit, but the damage was done. I could have seen pretty fireworks. So, I got up to watch since I could not sleep and now they think I wanted them to quit! I did before I got up. 

We had a BLT for dinner. I had a peach, too. Delicious. There is enough bacon to have another tomorrow. 

It is about 3 pm on Sunday. I just awoke ill. No wonder I was ready for bed at 8 pm Saturday night! So, I have it all assembled--water, inhaler, meds, pillow. Hopefully, I will be better by bedtime. I hate summer colds although this seems more in my chest. Running a temp in the summer is the worst. 

Tommy reported a hummingbird sighting when he awoke and later when he ate breakfast. So, I suppose they are coming all day. We are going to get flowers and hang them on another shepherd's hook near the front porch or ramp. Maybe you are tired of hearing about hummingbirds, but we are excited. Now, we just need hummingbird books. 

I had scheduled two people to clean at 3 pm today and awoke and called them to cancel. I hate that. Tommy is watching a program--Saturdays in the South. It appears to be about football and racism. Interesting. However, it has multiple segments and this series will last until 11 pm or something. Ack! 

There is no telling when he is going to help me with dishes. I have the dishwasher emptied and half-filled. But, he needs to come and just help empty the sink and hand dishes to me. 

We were out of the house from 6-7 pm. It is nice to be out and nice to be back...lol. 

Do you find getting a cold or chest congestion in the summer is more miserable than other times of the year?

6 comments:

  1. My grandmother always said a summer cold was worse than winter but I think they are all miserable!
    What a pity you didnt see any fireworks, when we hear them we always rush to the door to look out. They are ususally hidden behind trees or houses but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I agree with your grandmother all the way. After my sleep was disrupted, I would have like to see the fireworks. These were opposite our driveway, so they would be more evident than most are.

      Delete
  2. If you start getting bad bronchitis like symptoms, even with having had the vaccination for Covid, you may want to go to the doctor and be tested for Covid. I suppose it is the Delta variant that is so bad here in Missouri right now, but I have two friends (vaccinated against covid). One of them had bad bronchitis symptoms, and the other one (the first person's brother) had bad eye infection type matted eyes. The first person had been struggling with what she thought was bronchitis and had gone to an Urgent Care place and they treated her for bronchitis. The following week her brother had the eye issues so badly that she had to drive him to the urgent care place. Apparently the matted eyes symptom is one of covid's symptoms. They tested him for Covid and he had it. They then tested my friend for it, too, since she was there because she had to drive him because of his eyes. She tested positive for Covid also. Both of them were vaccinated quite a while back, so I am thinking that Delta variant can overcome the vaccination. It seems that Missouri is absolutely teeming with that Delta variant according to the amount of Delta variant they are finding in our sewage/water purification plants.

    My husband and I had about 2 or 3 times where we had gone to uncrowded places without masks. We are wearing them again now. I don't know how my asthma would do with real bad bronchitis. Anyway, I will keep good thoughts that you just have a little summer congestion and it will go away soon.

    I enjoy hearing about the hummingbird fun you are having with your hummingbird feeders. Hummingbirds are such a joy to see.

    Check out You Tube for videos of people feeding hummingbirds. A long time ago I once saw a video where people were standing on a balcony, and had put hummingbird nectar in the palm of their hand, held their hands out over the hand rail and hummingbirds came to their hands and ate the nectar from their hands. Wouldn't it be amazing to have them come right to your hand! It would be like something out of an old fashioned Disney movie. When the hummingbirds in my flowerbeds used to come right near me as I would sit near my zinnia beds and sometimes come right to my face (I think they could see their reflection in my sunglasses) they would come within a foot of me and hover right at my face. I used to like to think my Mom somehow had something to do with sending them to me as I worked around in my flower beds. Mom loved to garden.

    The fireworks seem to be done with around here, except for some type of very loud, almost like small bomb-like booms that we hear at odd hours. Those often wake me out of a deep sleep. We also hear random gunshots where we live. Yes,they are gunshots, and go on all year round. We live in a suburb of St. Louis.

    I hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. susie,
    This happens all the time to me. Well, often enough it does not alarm me. It is better, but not much. My eyes have been gooey for years, just allergies. But, that is amazing that his covid was causing all that.

    I would love for a hummingbird to come so close or drink from my hand. I will check videos. Thanks. My hummingbirds are small brown ones, not the vividly colored ones from the tv specials.

    This woman's ex-husband is visiting for the week, so when he leaves I will expect no more.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as though there is a virus going around that is like the worst Summer cold in addition to the new Delta variant of Covid. Several members of our family got the virus and one of them was tested for Covid and did not have it. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      Oh Great! I feel so weak. I had not heard something was going around. Well, I suppose I got it even though I have not quit wearing my mask for even a moment. Thanks for that information.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...