Thursday, September 23, 2021

A Very Long Week!

 As early as Monday, I was ahead of myself. The week is not dragging at all. It just seems every day, I think it should be two days later. I suppose every time I take a nap, it should be a different day when I awake. But, it is not working out that way. 

On Tuesday, I jumped up and got dressed and asked Tommy when he wanted to leave. He was puzzled. Well, we had something to do on Friday and I was ready on Tuesday, or maybe it was Monday I was ready to go. 

Tommy told me the weather would be dry for the next ten days. I love that. It is only 63F degrees right now at 10:30 am, so cooler than I prefer. No rain means I will have to water a few plants. It also means the grass will not grow so quickly for a while. Aha! I saw a hummingbird just now. So, they are still here.

After I bought my third basil plant this year, I decided to keep it inside. Someone must have dropped a handful of seeds into this one pot since there are about 20 stems. I will repot it into 2 pots, hoping some of the stems survive. I finally remembered to buy a very small bag of potting mix. So, there is that to do today, maybe...lol. 

Since I slept one hour last night, I am headed back to bed after the news. Maybe I can work on the list this afternoon. It's growing longer. 

Okay, I went to the bedroom before noon and awoke at 3 pm and got up at 3:45 and ate--salad greens, lots of chicken, shredded cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. 

I gave Tommy the Publix ad to find what we need or he wants or what I might want. The only thing he circled was zucchini and squash at $2.99/lb. I will be going to the Farmer's market soon. Hopefully, it will be small squashes and cheaper and better. 

Dinner will be chicken again today for both of us. Tommy had a chicken sandwich for lunch. But, this will be a different iteration. Wish me luck...lol. We both enjoy having a breast in the freezer to slice sandwich meat. It is much healthier and just as delicious as bologna and cheaper than something from the grocery. 

Colcannon is on the menu tonight as I just set Tommy to peeling potatoes. I will get the cabbage ready and cook it. 

Do you ever have a week where it always seems it should be later in the week than it is? Do you run around getting ready to go somewhere when it is three days away?

20 comments:

  1. Those cold chicken sandwiches sound delicious and so does the colcannon. I love cooked cabbage, but have a real follow- through issue with getting it cooked after I get it home and put out of sight in the vegetable drawers, because that's the only place it will fit, and forget about it because I don't see it. It is such a waste when I do that.

    The only lunch meat I like to eat anymore is fresh sliced braunschweiger from the deli case, on a toasted white bread sandwich with a little mayonnaise and a slice of tomato. I don't buy the braunschweiger rolls, because I can't eat that much of it. I used to like to eat balogna sandwiches, but the last time I bought any, it had tiny bone chips in it, luckily they didn't chip any of my teeth, but one got caught in between my teeth and was very hard to remove. That ruined balogna for me.

    I've had morning doctor appointments this week and last week. Since I have to be there at the time I am normally sleeping, it throws my whole day off, even my medicine schedules get thrown off. It even throws off what day of the week is then the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I had forgotten about this cabbage because I cannot bend far enough to get it out of the refrigerators. I hate to waste cabbage because it is so good and good for you.

      I have not had braunschweiger for 40 years. Maybe I will try some next week. Chips of bone in bologna would make me a bit anxious about eating it, at least that brand. I want bologna sometimes, not often. But, I love Zeigler or King Cotton bologna.

      I make it a point not to have an early appointment! It throws off everything, even my nap. I wish I knew what made my days off!

      Delete
    2. If anyone gifts you some kale, or it's cheap at the farmers market, it can be substituted for the cabbage in colcannon. Very nutritious as well as tasty.

      Delete
    3. Donna,
      Thanks. I may plant some yet this year.

      Delete
  2. In the past year the days sort of blurred into a day "Blursday"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blursday! Funny. I have been having a lot of Blursdays lately, an now you have given them the perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Urspo is very creative. I wonder if I will ever get the time right, consistently.

      Delete
  4. Since Covid I often get my days mixed up because nothing that was normal for me pre-covid (that set my days) is happening now. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That certainly is true. There are runs of days with no markers to keep me on track. Oh well, is certainly the way it goes around here.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I was a day ahead last week. It totally threw me off. Like Anne, I get my days mixed up often. Some days I don't even know what day it is.

    I love your chicken sandwiches. We eat lots of chicken, so I always keep cooked chicken in the freezer. It's so easy to just heat and decide on a salad or sandwich. I sometimes make chicken wraps too. They taste so good with Chick Fil A sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      I hope I do better on keeping up with the days this next week! I was off every day!

      I try to keep chicken cooked and frozen, too. And, I love CFA sauce honey mustard sauce with my chicken. I need to buy it from the grocery. I am sick of politics of CFA, so we rarely go there anymore. But, I suppose I could lower my standards to get a bottle of sauce.

      Delete
  6. There's nothing like being ready to go somewhere two days early! Very efficient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I certainly was efficient that day. Now, I am sitting not ready for that appointment. I need to get up and show a little gumption and get ready AGAIN.

      Delete
  7. I think it is quite easy to get days mixed up!
    We enjoy chicken, it is a great food, and so versatile :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I have been doing well mixing up days this week. LOVE chicken!

      Delete
  8. I have been one week or one day early to appointments far oftener than I'd like to admit. I think it's because I find appointments annoying and want to get them overwith in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      That is one way to get them out of the way. My friend drove 50 miles to an appointment and found out she was a day early. When she got home she figured out that she really did have an appointment that day in the same town. But, she missed it. She was fit to be tied.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...