Friday, September 10, 2021

Corn, DL, OUCH, Reading, Crochet, Tuna, Birthday

Tommy is in the front yard, shucking corn. We were given dozen ears. I may cook it all and cut the corn off and freeze most. At least, it will not go to waste. Tonight, we will have five big meatballs given to us. I may cook all five and freeze two, not sure about that either. We will have a salad, anyway. 

Thursday, I renewed my driver's license that had expired almost two years ago. I thought my hair would be okay. No, it was not. I can say with confidence that is the worst dl picture I have ever had taken. Hopefully, the color picture on the permanent dl will be better. No, I have not driven since it expired. I hope I still know how to drive...lol. 

I bit my tongue the worst I ever have yesterday! It was at the very back of my tongue. I could hear the teeth going into my tongue, sort of like biting into a juicy apple or a stalk of celery. I cried, could not finish eating and barely could shut my mouth. Then, just an hour later, I was using a straw while riding in the car. The car hit a ripple in the pavement and the heavy straw hit me in the mouth, trapping my lip between teeth and straw. That swelled up nicely. Then, I sort of choked when I coughed. Something lodged itself in the opening in my throat to my Eustachian tube. That hurt and caused a terrific earache until this morning. 

Reading I Alone is difficult because the book is heavy, too heavy to hold up while reading in bed. My hands hurt so I can barely read one chapter. I have made that my goal every night. This is something to consider when choosing what to read. I may have to limit heavy-book reading to sitting in the living room.

Last week, I found a penny while entering Publix. Yay me! 

Crochet is going to be present in my life once more. Supposedly it is good for my brain. I bought a new hook and thread. I keep losing my hooks! Now, I have the yard and hook in a storage bag.  I am on the lookout for dirt cheap yarn at yard sales. My goal is to make blankets for dolls. I just keep making the square larger, about 18", and finish it with a shell stitch around the outside. No, I have no idea what I will do with these, probably give them away. It is too bad I don't have some of the yarn from my house.

The last time I bought a crochet hook, about two weeks ago, I never got home with it. The hook probably fell through the basket on the electric cart before I arrived to the checkout. As soon as I got this hook  home, it went straight into a bag with the yarn. 

When I found StarKist Tuna for $0.77/can this spring, I bought about 24. The problem was--each can was stuck to another, completely covered in tuna or something sticky. Now, I need to remove the label and wash each can, marking "tuna" and the date with a marker. I will know what is in the cans with just one word on each of them. I think this is why these cans were so cheap! 

There is an estate sale across the street where the guy died last year. I am going, but not on the first day. I will wait until Saturday and probably return Sunday.  A company must be doing this sale. I love estate sales although some times they are sad if the person is on the premises. 

The front porch is being cleaned off one item at a time, sometimes one item a day. I have done nothing to it all this year, but now, the humidity, if not the heat is down so it is comfortable. Okay, I don't break a sweat the thirty-seconds I "work."

I am not ill, just my usual tired all day. So, I have done nothing for my birthday week. I made it a week since I cannot have a long day celebrating. Saturday, I will be 75...impossible! Where did the time go?

Tommy just brought in the corn--12 perfect ears. Nothing was brown, malformed, full ears. This will be good eating, just not tonight. 

Do you find items fall out of the grocery cart? Have you ever bitten your tongue or inside your cheek so hard it hurt days later? 

18 comments:

  1. I hate biting my tongue - ouch ouch ouch
    I look forward to your birthday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      This is the worst I have ever bitten my tongue. It has been over 30 hours and my tongue is thick, stiff, and still hurting. Their is nothing special going to happen on my birthday.

      Delete
  2. I often buy something or think I do only to get home and discover it didn't make it in my bags. Since they are smaller items no doubt they fell through the shopping cart cracks and I didn't notice until it was too late. When I discover it's missing I usually check the receipt just to make sure I didn't pay for it and drop it somewhere. So annoying whatever the case. I have bit my tongue numerous times too. Boy that hurts. Fortunately it doesn't seem to happen quite as often these days. I wonder why? I hope your tongue gets back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      If I buy something and it does not make it home, I get a replacement because it was probably not put in the bag. Usually, it has just fallen through the shopping buggy. I am biting mine more lately and harder and taking bigger bites. My tongue feels too large for my mouth, so not sure why it is swelling. Thanks. It is still so painful.

      Delete
  3. I haven't bitten my tongue in a long time but I remember the times i would bite tongue or cheek and then because it was swollen I would bite it several more times in the aftermath. Not fun.
    When I was a little girl I loved to go shopping with Mum in the school holidays and she always took great care with small items. Toothbrushes were the thing I especially remember went in her handbag immediately after paying because she didn't want them slipping out of the trolley. I still have a habit of watching the little things!
    I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your crochet, you coukld make your little squares into a larger blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      That is the worst, biting again a swollen and hurting place in my cheek! Lipstick is the thing I lose in the store that never makes it even to the register.

      I make the square about 18 inches, plenty large for a doll blanket, so no need to join. I actually do not want a large blanket like people make with squares.

      Delete
  4. I do that with small vitamin or other medicine containers- they fall somewhere and I don't have what I thought I bought. Careful not to keep hurting your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Usually, lipstick gets lost before I even check out, any makeup, actually. I don't know how to be careful since both happened without me doing anything...lol. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Linda. Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Ouch. Yes, I've bit my tongue before. Worst pain that you can't do anything about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      Thank you. I will try. My tongue feels stiff besides painful. Yes, nothing to do for it. ugh

      Delete
  6. I have bitten he inside of my tongue and mouth so bad before that I cried. So painful and I am not a crier. I am sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Then, you know the agony. I have bitten mine and it hurt, but this was more than I could stand without crying. Thanks. I talk funny now...lol.

      Delete
  7. I am just popping over from Kim's blog to wish you a Very Happy Birthday. I am glad you are giving yourself the gift of Crochet again - my craftwork has been such a positive influence in my life & helped me through lots of the tough patches. Take care & have a great day. Julie 😊🎁🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      I come to your blog sometimes. Thank you. I love to crochet but quit after I lost all my yarn and hooks when my house was destroyed. It hurts my hands to crochet, but I will keep it up, just for less time. I am not sure it will help me through any rough patches, but I hope it will help my sense of being me again. Thanks for coming by. Come again.

      Delete
  8. My daughter, Autumn, had bitten the inside of her cheek. As it healed she continued to bite that area, again & again. The bite location became firm and annoying. She recently went in and had a touch of oral surgery to remove the issue before it became a serious issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, that is serious cheek biting. I am glad she got it fixed. I cannot lick my lips on that side of my face. I was sort of licking my lip on the left side, but my tongue was too hard to lick on the left side. Strange. I am going to see if this is better the end of the week and have it looked at if it is not better.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...