Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 11th Birthday

 Well, it was a nothing birthday. Tommy  barely looked at me or moved his lips when he said "Happy Birthday." He want to argues all the time. He could have been pleasant today, but NO. Some days, he is pleasant, but he could not have chosen pleasant today. 

I had a piece of sausage and M&Ms for breakfast, Arby's Roast Beef with Cheese and I put horseradish sauce on each bite. For dinner we went to get bbq. Tommy has been talking about how good Bob Sykes BBQ is. It is not at all. Usually, I can eat the meat, but it was awful and had runny sauce that had little taste. The meat tasted like it had been microwaved too long. It was rubbery. Some was sliced thin and some was chopped. The slaw was good except for there was as much liquid and solid, so it tasted watered-down. The French fries were delicious. I have not set foot in the kitchen today.

That's it. Now, I am tired. I have been tired all day long and have not felt like doing things, going places I had planned. I think my October allergies are setting in. 

I did go to the estate sale across the street. I bought two pair of the socks like they supply at the hospital, the kind with rubbery pieces top and bottom. I love the feel of those socks because they are loose. I will go back tomorrow and try to see what is in three outbuildings. Maybe things will be half price. Oh, I did find a bed. It was $1000 and worth every penny. It came with a massive dresser and chest of drawers.

It is only 8 pm, and I may go to bed. 

I cannot believe I am 75 years old!

Have you ever said that on your birthday...I cannot believe I am (whatever age)?

27 comments:

  1. I looked through me email today, hoping to find your number to call you on this feast day of your nativity.
    May this next year be one of your best ! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. I turned 50 this year and I still feel like a little kid.

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breenlantern,
      Thanks. I remember fifty. It was good. You are a little kid! Enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I turned 80 last March and every single day since then I have said, “I can’t believe I am 80 years old!!” Because I feel about 40 except for those rare times when I think, “Oh, to be 75 again.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy birthday to you. I'm sorry the day wasn't as you planned but don't let it get you down. There is plenty of time for the days to get better. I wish you a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Well, he decided he can talk this morning! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oddly enough my worst birthday was my 30th. I was stuck living in Pittsburgh after giving up 2 great jobs (Switzerland and D.C.) so my husband could move back home. We had been arguing so he never spoke to me that day, my mother-in-law got the date mixed up and my mom only called me the next day, so that was how I spent my 30th. Married to a miserable sod and hating it. My honest-to-God best birthday was my 60th, which I spent with a Solos travelling group in Sicily and danced the night away with an 80 year old widow. It was SUCH fun! And happy birthday from France!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Being with bad company is always difficult. I am glad things go better. Dancing the might away sounds great.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! I hope this chapter brings you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      Thanks. It will get better when I get rid of the head congestion.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry your day wasn't better Linda. If I lived near you, I would've stopped by with a treat or cake for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I'm sorry Tommy was a grump.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Birthday Wishes.
    TheHub and I no longer give each other presents because we have more than we need, so about the only thing we do is/was go out to eat and have cake. It's more than enough for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid your card will arrive late....because I suck!

    Yesterday I woke thinking of you, the Birthday Girl. I am sorry that your 75th wasn't more special. I am never sure when it is a good time to call you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      No, you don't suck! I just need to get off the phone by 9 pm, my time. I forget to call you!

      Delete
  12. The older one gets, the more birthdays are less about celebration and more about acceptance. Aging is inevitable, and the alternative unacceptable. So we say, "Not happy to be older, but happy to be here!" And we call it good. :^) :^)
    So a belated Happy Birthday to you! I'm happy you're here! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Thanks. I am happy to be here, too. The problem is the inequity of how we treat each other.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...