Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Shopping

 I feel well, really well, but I think the reflux and lack of sleep and less food drained me. My mood is great. Just zapped a bit today. 

At a big box store, the electric cart quit without warning. I sat in the middle of a large aisle wait for over 30 minutes! The stress was exhausting. 

I priced low-dose aspirin on Amazon and the price was about $39 for 332. I bought them in a store, 300 for ~$13. I only wanted Bayer as I am picky. We needed spoons, forks and cups, so I bought those. Also, more roach baits just to be sure and hurry this process along. I already see less roaches. And, I found pants that I bought in two sizes because I don't know which size will fit. I will take the others back for a refund.

Then, on to The Pig for a few things. The bell peppers were $0.57 this week where they were $0.50 last week. This week, they are large and shaped where I can make them into stuffed peppers. I got 4 or five items that were less with the app, and I forgot to use the app! So, that will be another trip. 

Peppers, potatoes, and Grill Mates were three of the items I forgot to use with the app. We have not had potatoes in two months except for the two potatoes I bought a month ago. 

I was going to Publix for a few things, but that wait on a dead electric cart used my Publix energy.  Maybe, I will yet today. 

Oh, I did buy cabbage, too. I heard about a new-to-me recipe that I am going to prepare--Colcannon. I am quite sure I will like it because it contains cabbage and potatoes. Have you ever had it or prepared it? 

I bought some pickled Vidalia Onions a month or more ago. Tommy assured me he would never eat them because he did not like pickled onions. No, he had never had any. I loved them but hesitated to use them because of his vehement talk against ever tasting them. Then, last night, I asked him what he put on his salad. Pickled Vidalia Onions!!! He swears I never told him I bought them or discussed them with him. ???

Have you ever prepared or eaten colcannon?  I forgot which blogger mentioned colcannon.

12 comments:

  1. We enjoy a version of colcannon! I saute the cabbage in butter until a good portion of it is caramelized. Then mix in with the mashed potatoes. That's all we like in our version. The caramelizing of the cabbage gives the dish a nice flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      That sounds delicious. Maybe I will try that. Thanks for that idea.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. slugmama,
      Aha, maybe I heard of it there. I think it could have been October Farm, too. I know I have heard of it in several blogs. thanks.

      Delete
  3. I haven't had it made the way it is in the recipe but I have had cabbage and onions mixed together with potatoes. I've also had mashed potatoes with practically every other vegetable (peas, carrots, cauliflower, turnips). It's all good. Sorry you were left stranded in the cart. Thirty minutes is along time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I also have had cabbage, onions, and potatoes cooked together. It is so good. I like those three with carrots, too. Those other vegetable, I assume you mean as other dishes. Yes, I have had all but peas and turnips.

      I thought 30 minutes was a long time, too. I could not even reach a shelf to touch things. That was really annoying. And, I could not walk to anything! But, finally an employee came with a good cart that even ran faster than the one that died.

      Delete
    2. Mostly I've had the cabbage with 1 or 2 other veggies as mentioned. I love it all. I'm glad the cart issue was finally sorted for you.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I cannot wait to mash potatoes and add cabbage! It is a pain trying to a working cart!

      Delete
  4. I love col cannon and so does my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often make Colacnnon on halloween

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...