Thursday, October 14, 2021

This and That

 Tuesday was just Tuesday. And, I am eternally grateful it was quiet and easy. No drama. Not even good busyness like Monday. We went out for a bit. I did take a short nap after a good talk with a friend. 

Tuesday night, I felt very sleepy approaching midnight. When I told Tommy I was going to bed, he did not have a heart attack at my early bedtime, he just turned off the light and TV immediately.  Of course, I was not going to sleep immediately. 

I read The Beautiful Mystery, by Louise Penny,  the book I started last Friday night, but only two short chapters. As soon as I became really sleepy, I stopped reading and went to sleep. So, by 7:45 am on Wednesday, I was awake and ready to get up. 

Wednesday, I measured the half bath off another bedroom, a bathroom I am forbidden to use. It measures 39" x 49" and the commode is 8 " from the wall. That is 8" of knee-room to sit. I read that a commode should have at least 23" in front of it. And, the commode is one of the short ones. Maybe I cannot use it...lol. Some pull bars would help. I wonder if I could sneak a gallon of paint in there and paint it a pale pink. 

I sprayed my wire chicken again. It will take more spraying to get it covered. Next spraying or two, the chicken will have to be upside down. The wind keeps changing while I spray it, but today I wore a black and white outfit, so if it gets sprayed, it will not show too much. Besides, the outfit is something I wear at home. My black leather sandals won't look too bad with white specks! 

Wednesday dinner was a chicken breast in the park and a huge salad a bit later at home. Tomorrow night, it might be a peanut butter sandwich since Tommy shows no signs of helping with the dishwasher. Next time, he gets to load dirty dishes and to wash the ones that don't come clean because of the way he loads it...lol.  We may have to have a come-to-Jesus-meeting.

I came upon a green jack-o'-lantern and my metal Halloween box, so those are out. I need to look for the ghosts we used last year. Did I say my wooden blackbird is hanging where one of the hummingbird feeders was hanging? 

A friend with whom I have not spoken for a year is having surgery Thursday on a trigger finger, so that call was longer than I planned. She is the one who is getting the recyclable cans to redeem, the cans I delivered to a mutual friend on Monday. She does not want patterns and said she was looking at hers yesterday and is going to give hers away, too. But, like me, does not know where to take plastic bottles. 

I have about 15 pounds of ugly, misshapen carrots to cook, 5 pounds of zucchini to cook for Tommy, and about 8 very large cucumbers to wash and slice for him for salads. So, I have lots to do on Thursday, maybe into Friday. 

Fall weather is supposed to arrive this weekend. Rats! low 70s during the day will call for taking a sweater along, just in case. Then, 60s on Monday will mean I will need a sweater early, late, or in the shade. I wonder if this is the end of summer. 

The new ads came out yesterday. I found Kraft Miracle Whip and Kraft Mayo bogo at Publix. So, I got one of both, each of which have date of 4/22. I use very little Mayo, but do put it in Suddenly Salad. The Granny Smith apples I bought for $1.49/lb. are now more than twice that--$3.99/lb. I need to look online for The Pig and other ads. 

My back hurts me so from spray painting. If I don't paint today, the rest will have to wait until spring or a very warm snap later this year. It was not the painting, but the carrying/dragging the heavy wire chicken and the chair to sit in. 

What have you been doing? What are your plans for this weekend?



12 comments:

  1. hubby had a trigger finger operated on, cured it but he now has one on his other hand, but refuses to get that one done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill,
      She mentioned she either had another starting or something. I have never known anyone who had this problem.

      Delete
  2. Quiet! Peaceful! No drama!
    Good things all
    This weekend I plan to get out the Halloween trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      No drama is for me. Take pictures of your trimmings.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it was a good 2 days in a row for you. That's wonderful. I've been up yo a lot if cleaning, recycling, cooking, reading, making appointments. The usual stuff. I do love it when I see a bit of progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I need two good days now and then. I wish I had been as productive as you.

      Delete
    2. I'm not always productive so I am very happy when I actually see some progress in the household tasks and projects.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I understand very well. The days I am productive make me very happy.

      Delete
  4. Weekend plans? Our oldest grandson’s wedding! They met and started dating in March 2020 and he proposed to her in January 2021. Needless to say, the whole family is excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting home stuff done. My daughter's home for a week starting next week and I have a list a mile long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I hope you get things done on your list and have a very good week with our daughter.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...