Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Christmas Movies and My Recliner

 We tried to watch a movie that sounded cute--"Office Christmas Party." We could not make it through the film. 

Another night we watched "The Star." It was a short from the 1940s. The story was the nativity played out in the West. The three Wisemen were three cowboys on horses carrying a Christmas tree and all sorts of toys from a store. They bought so much because the owners were thrilled with making the sales. The rest of the story is just as bizarre and charming. They did follow a star. Okay, no more hints. The movie was only 30 minutes long. 

I don't think I have mentioned A Christmas Carol starring Reginald something. 

We found "Home Alone 2." That is always funny. Okay, it was in New York.

Several sitcoms have their Christmas episodes playing. I hope to catch WKRP in Cincinnati where they have the turkey drop! Oh, that was Thanksgiving. Bummer.

Plus, this the Duke month and a John Wayne movie is on every night. I saw one where James Arness/Matt Dillon was part of the cast, AND he had blonde hair.

I am so far behind on everything! Tommy just sits. Well, so do I...lol. But, these are two-person chores.

No, the recliner did not come on Dec. 15th like I was told it would. So, now it is January 15th. I am so annoyed. I need that chair. I guarantee it will not come in January.  

Three more cards go into the mail today. 

We just now picked up two prescriptions and rushed back home to start the dishwasher since laundry had been washing. We finished loading it and turned it on. Tommy put things in the dryer and then brought in stuff to hang. NOW, we are running back out to get me a new and free phone since this one holds a charge about 30 minutes. 

Tommy will put ornaments on the tree tonight and we have no more dinners in the refrigerator, so I must cook something. 

How is it going in your world? Are you behind on Christmas preps? Are you seeing many Christmas specials? 

10 comments:

  1. My brother has furniture for his new house on order and it seems to be tak8ng forever to get it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      This is a medical necessity. I certainly hope your brother has furniture now...lol. What a problem it would have been if I had gotten rid of what I have.

      Delete
  2. I watched the Three Godfathers with John Wayne, Ward Bond, Harry Carry (I think it was), Pedro Armendirez. It is such an excellent Christmas movie. Warning: I cry when two of the of the Cowboy Godfathers die. I always enjoy seeing Ward Bond in the old movies with John Wayne. Pedro Armendirez and Harry Carry did excellent work in this movie, too. I don't remember ever having seen the movie in color before, but sure enough it was the other day when I watched it. Maybe I saw a colorized version of it.

    I was hoping your recliners would get there in time for Christmas for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I have seen that movie three times and loved it. However, I only remember color. I didn't cry, but I might next time. It was wonderful.

      Delete
    2. We watched it too. This movie was always one of John's favorites. He seemed to be following a bit of it.

      Delete
    3. Janet,
      I know it is heartening to see what he still has left.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been Watching any Christmas movies. Instead I've been reading. The Christmas movies I usually watch include Its a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and any of the Home Alone Movies, sometimes the 101 Dalmatians movies. Enjoy your Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Those are the ones I watch, too, except for 101 Dalmations.

      Delete
  4. I make sure to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" because I adore Donna Reed and Jimmy Stewart is darn good-looking. I have never seen "Miracle on 3th Street" and find "Christmas in Connecticut" too tedious to endure.
    I make it a point to watch I watch all the South Park Christmas-themed episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I never miss Jimmy Stewart. Love the movie/
      I cannot abide South Park, so have never seen those.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...