Thursday, January 6, 2022

Better

 Every day, I have a small window of time when I am alert and feel almost normal. I don't feel ill late in the evening. In the morning I always feel ill. Then I have to take my antibiotic. I go to bed and feel ill in the morning. Wednesday night, when I felt normal, I did a few things. Mainly, I took the wreath and stuffed it into a garbage bag and put it in the room where it will live until next Christmas. 

This year, I will store things in my Christmas tins so as not to store them empty. 

Earlier Wednesday evening, Tommy cleared a path in his stuff to the other recliner. He said it was lumpy. It was, but I could recline and get pressure off my spine and had my feet up. 

He insists on keeping all his clothes in the living room, food, and all his paperwork for bills and banking. He has a box with many containers of mustard, crackers, multiple jars of peanut butter, and boxes of cereal! It is a habit borne of limited mobility. While I understand, it is annoying. Besides, why does he have to have so many of each at his fingertips?

Tomorrow, we will prepare a box of food we do not eat and take it to a parking lot and give it away. I get the free item at The Pig for others even if we will not eat it. I have two boxes of boil in bag white rice and other items from there. There are magazines, too, things I have read and need to pass on to someone else. 

The next time we go to Cullman, we have a garbage bag of aluminum cans to redeem. The price of aluminum cans is $0.55, so maybe we will wait as prices are going up. 

Thursday now.

The furnace guys who called and cancelled and rescheduled gave me a chance for another two hours sleep! Still, it was not much sleep. 

Today, my absolute minimum goal is baking two packages of BSCB and a package of thighs. Piddling and putting things away should happen. Maybe not. 

Since I won't be putting that horrible med in my body, I should feel tremendously better by 5 pm. 

Do you know anyone who stores food by the chair in which days are spent? 

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Tommy has so many mobility issues at such a pretty young age. I'm sure he did/does what makes sense for him. I have to say though both of you driving, anyone driving with such mobility issues is scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      In 2011, the spine doctor was shocked I was able to drive from my home to Huntsville, Al, about 55 miles. I can still drive without a bit of a problem.

      Delete
  2. NO but I think if I had the same issues as tommy, I might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I suggested just one container of mustard, one jar of peanut butter, one box of cereal instead of multiples of each. I understand why he does what he does.

      Delete
  3. Yes I know people who keep things next to them when they are of limited mobility. In fact I did it myself for a few months when I could barely walk. When a person doesn't have someone to help them get food and other necessaries when they want to eat or do something, it's inevitable they will keep it nearby. Also some people just want to be more independent to get their own things even if someone can help them. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and can get things put away here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Like I said, it is all many jars of mustard, boxes of cereals, multiple containers of peanut butter. He tries to cut down on walking as do I. Yes, feeling much better.

      Delete
    2. I did understand what you said. I know it can be irritating but some people do it.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Okay, I never heard of someone storing so much food (multiples).

      Delete
  4. I can understand a few snacks at chairside. I can understand if there's a desk in the living room where he does his bookkeeping and paperwork. But the clothes? Why can't they be in the bedroom closet, where he sleeps?

    Perhaps he needs one of those multi-level wheeled carts to put stuff on and push through the house, rather than trying to walk and carry things? Just a thought.
    https://www.amazon.com/SONGMICS-Assembly-Painting-Utensils-UBSC068B01/dp/B08K95CD6F/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=3+Tier+Cart&qid=1641529883&sr=8-12

    Anyways I'm glad to hear you're done with your antibiotic and can finally start to feel better! It's been a long haul, and I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      He sleeps in the living room. He has a walker if he wants to carry anything. I am going to get him a cart with wheels. He can move the cart out of his way or look at things if it has wheels. He does everything in his lap. I understand that.

      Delete
    2. In that case, it seems reasonable that Tommy keeps his clothes in the living room since that is, in effect, his bedroom!

      Delete
    3. Sue,
      That is what he thinks, but he cannot walk for clothing all over.

      Delete
    4. I suppose large, see-through plastic bins aren't a thing in his world?

      Delete
  5. I don't have food by my chair, but I have a water bottle, and several different layers of clothes that I keep in a medium sized basket by my chair. Sometimes I fold them up and put them in the basket nicely, but usually by the end of the day they have all been pulled out and put on and off. I am almost always cold and many times I am freezing. I am freezing right now, and I am wishing I could fall asleep for a nap, so I am wearing a sleeveless night gown and two long sleeve cotton/polyesther long sleeve tee shirts. The top one is a mock turtle neck. Then I got colder and put my flannel pajama shirt over the tees and nightgown, and a few minutes ago I put my flannel robe over my legs, and to top all of that sexiness off, I have on heavy white cotton socks that I had to cut a vee in the top of once when my ankles were swelling. Nothing worse than a tight topped sock, unless it's a too tight bra.

    My husband, doesn't seem to have body temperature sensors. He's fine walking around in socks, sweatpants, and no shirt. He makes me cold to look at him. Somehow in winter our natural gas (furnace and stove) continues to be a reasonable bill, and in summer, it is really low cost, plus with my cold nature, we don't keep it very cool in here, usually set at 79 or 80 for air conditioning, unless I am going to be frying or baking something, so the electric bill isn't bad either. My husband doesn't get too hot either. He seems not to notice the room temperature at all.

    As I look over toward his chair area, I see his jar of Nutella. One food I never acquired a taste for.

    Our little Fuzzy Pomeranian has his water bowl and his perfectly clean food plate near his doggy bed. I recently had to move his water bowl further away from his bed, because sometimes, since he is very old, he accidentally falls over and out of the high sides of his bed. He is tidier than me, or my husband, with the lack of stuff he has near his favorite place in the house..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie,
    I have a nice pile of clothes beside me on the sofa. I, too, put them on and off during the day and evening. I have noticed that I have old people habits with various meds sitting beside me! I hate that, but I need stuff I don't have the strength to get up and find. I seem to have lost my warm nature. And, he seems to be warm when I am cold and cold when I am hot! Thankfully, the kitchen is never too warm to cook or do dishes. Oh, I do have a jar of peanut butter under a table on a shelf. But, I don't have three or four jars!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...