Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wednesday and Booster

 I have nothing. I slept well on Tuesday and several hours on Wednesday. I have done nothing! We did go to Publix to get Tommy's covid booster. They were out of Pfizer! So, we will go back or elsewhere. 

We know the best booster is the one you get, but my allergist was adamant about getting a booster like the original inoculations. So, we will do exactly as he said. 

While we were in Publix, I purchased four more Christmas design storage and freezer bags. That makes 16 boxes. Several years, I have not gotten the reduced items fast enough, so this will hold me if I miss them next year. 

We also cruised the neighborhood and picked up 4 more of the pink bags with paper inserts. We want the Cheerios coupons. Tommy is cutting the rest out for my friend. 

It is bitterly cold even at 54F degrees, which is not that cold! Plus, I only wore a sweatshirt. Being ill affects my perception of how cold it is. 

There were phone calls I needed to make. So far, I have managed one call per day, not good. 

I know I am dehydrated, and I have lost another pound. Ugh! And, all of Christmas is still up in the house. ugh ugh

My goal today is to cook the steak more from yesterday. I may cook the fresh green beans we received, too. I also need to fold clothes, wash the plastic lids from glass containers, put away folded towels and such. 

Tommy is going to clear the way to his other recliner so I can possibly use that until we get the good recliners. It is filthy, looks filthy, and absolutely needs to be vacuumed, but I am going to throw a quilt over it and use it if I can. 



10 comments:

  1. We're going to get our Boosters tomorrow night, I just got the confirmation and also are getting the grandbaby her 1st shot - finally! I agree the best vaccine is the one you have access to and can get but we are also hoping to get the Pfizer as that's what we had to begin with. Hope you can find one for Tommy!

    My Christmas decor is still up too and while I'm over it, I also adore the twinkling lights and ambience the tree puts off so I'm in no huge hurry. I always joke I have until Valentine's Day ;) Speaking of which, I saw some cute signs on Amazon that come with a frame and then several interchangeable signs for the holidays and seasons and thought of you! (I'd likely just read your blog asking about decor) but I thought you might like that sign because it's really cute and simple to change. Maybe I can send you one!
    Hope you feel better soon, sorry you're dehydrated & not feeling well :( When did you say your recliners are going to be delivered? Seems like it's taking forever so hope they get there soon!
    Good luck with your steak - hope it's yummy! Have a good night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      We had no idea we would not find the Pfizer. But, we can get it just as well on Friday.

      The Christmas decor is pretty. Lights are always nice. And, I have sparkly poinsettias. The frame with interchangeable sounds nice and convenient. I did not each much steak or much of anything. Thanks. Have good night, too.

      Delete
  2. I agree with staying the same for the booster. I know of those that got different boosters of malaria meds that it cause damage to their health so no way am I getting something different. We took Moderna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Doctors and nurses where I go were adamant about getting the same med. So, I will. I never heard of damage from switching meds for boosters.

      Delete
  3. All my shots were Pfizer. I had other booster options but did feel better going with Pfizer just to keep things related. The Pfizer do seem harder to find--I had to schedule out 2 weeks to get one.

    Just read in this morning's newsfeed that Israel is showing that a 4th vaccine provides a huge leap in immunity--moreso than the 3rd one. Wonder how long it'll be before the US follows suit.

    I am helping my daughter bake cookies for a snowmobile trip she is taking with her boyfriend's family (who are all vaxxed to the max) Nice to be in the kitchen putzing around on a cold day.

    It does sound like things are improving for you, Linda--at least with regards to sleep! Don't be hard on yourself for not getting as many things done as you want. You are doing just fine under difficult circumstances! Throw a blanket over that recliner, put your feet up, chug some water, and watch a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Maybe we should schedule.
      Hopefully, some sort of announcement will be forthcoming.
      Cookies sounds great. I will get in the kitchen, marinade some breasts and thighs, and cook them in a bag. I would prefer cookies.
      Sleep has been disrupted lately, back itching, and feet cold. It is always something with my sleep. It is noon, I just got up, and really need water. The recliner is so tempting.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better.
    I am uninspired about getting all the Christmas stuff packed away. Right now down and in a box works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I am though with the medicine, so I should improve today. This Christmas stuff was slow going up, so slow coming down seems just about right...lol.

      Delete
  5. the chair sounds like it needs a massive tidy up
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I cannot vacuum it, so the blanket is the only "tidy" it will get until I hire someone to help and then a good vacuuming is all it will get. Hopefully, the new chair will be here soon.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...