Saturday, January 8, 2022

Friday Doings

We went to Cullman on Friday. I retrieved a can of spray paint, the red paint I used for a cardinal. While at friend's house, we left soup/tuna type cans for a mutual friend. Her septic tank is going to require $6000 work. I am not sure what that is for, but she contacted 3 companies, and that is the cheapest quote.

I went to Publix and bought a few things, went to another store and bought one thing, got the mail, found gas for $2.85, got a burger and flew home. We did not want to be out when the roads froze over. There were lots of icicles hanging from the rock/boulders that line the road where the way was cut for the road. 

At one store in Cullman I found the six-pack of Minute Maid orange juice that we depend on in the car and bought two at an exorbitant price--$4.49 while it is usually $3.30 or less. I also bought one jar of Mayo for $1.25. I bought a moderate-sized package of TP. The shelves were skimpy. I also bought two more boxes of Ziplock Holiday decorated bags, quart and gallon. 

Back in Hueytown, Tommy got his covid booster at Publix. I found his bogo Pepsis, really b2g1.  I will get my booster when I am certain the uti is gone and I won't need additional treatment. 

I am looking for Halos or similar item, but have not seen them in the stores. I did not want either of the oranges. And, I do not want citrus from Florida. Produce from Florida does not have high nutritional value like other states' produce. 

About 10 minutes after Tommy had made four trips with heavy groceries, his coat rack fell on him. I tried to warn him but got an aaaaah out of my mouth. He set it back and loaded his clothes on it and it fell three more times. He was distressed. I volunteered we would buy him a new one tomorrow or I could glue it and clamp it. He is adamant about not fixing things and said he is sick of me doing so. Sooo...

I am going to call all sorts of stores and shop the internet since I don't have the energy to traipse from store to store. This is the old me talking. 

I asked him if I could have the hat/coat rack. "WHAT FOR?" He became angry when I said I could fix it and use it. He wants me to throw it in my storage unit, not glue it here. I don't understand. I really intend to fix it and give it to him. It is the ugly bentwood kind. 

His arm is very sore from the covid vaccine. So, we won't go shopping for a coat rack today. I will continue at a snail's pace getting Christmas out of here. Friday was busy. Saturday will not be busy. 


10 comments:

  1. Men, can't live with them, can't kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was a fan of fixing things but it would take him a very long time to get to it. My microwave once needed a part for three years before it was fixed!
    Doncha hate it when you can see something going wrong but can't get the warning out in time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Three years is way too long for me! When he is about to hit by a car, I scream bloody murder! And, it happens too often, I mean by three feet or less. The cat rack did not seem to warrant a scream, which would have been too late.

      Delete
  3. I had casement window in my bedroom that had a stripped crank mechanism--meaning I could not open the window to get ventilation. My husband insisted that it could not be repaired and we had to replace the whole window. Which we wouldn't be doing until we could do the entire house.

    After 18 years of wishing I could open that window, I researched it myself--lo and behold, there were crank replacements parts for less than $10!! I was so mad at myself for believing him.

    I ordered the part; he replaced it in less than 5 minutes.

    And now, every time I ask him to fix something and he balks or says it can't be done, I ask him, "What--they don't make parts for that?"

    And he will hear that the rest of his life, because he deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for him for getting a booster; shame on him for such outbursts that's ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      He is all for vaccines and boosters. He says I am the cause of his bad temper. I have it on good information that he has outbursts for years and in inappropriate places. He can never tell these people it is my fault.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...