Sunday, January 9, 2022

Coatrack Search

On Friday night, I searched the internet and found some suitable hat/coat racks to order but have shown nothing to Tommy. I suggested we go to a store near us. Well, somehow, we went at almost dark, not part of my plan. But, he was watching movies, so I decided to take a nap. Then, he was watching something else when I awoke. So, we finally got going.

This place had one coat rack, not my style but Tommy has no style. The people took it out to the car for him, but he said it did not have enough hooks. So, that was that. 

However, in all the waiting, I was sitting in front of the Christmas sale section. I fell in love with two deer with wreaths around their necks. I also found a branch with green leaves and beautiful red berries. I could not find any branches elsewhere before Christmas. Well, I did buy a branch from Dollar Tree and the berries fell off if you looked at them. So, I threw that away. The deer came home with me and the branch. 

The first chair inside the door and that I sat in was perfect! I wanted it. They sell recliners, so I may go back and see about those. They were closing soon after I got there. This store has possibility, and I will be going back! 

My weight loss now is 20 lbs in two weeks. 

The rain on Sunday means we won't shop! So far, it is an uneventful Sunday, and it appears nothing will change. I am still decluttering from three weeks of being ill and recovering. It is amazing what gets left where it is used or dropped. I found a box to store the deer in and it was full of chunks of Styrofoam. What's with that. So, it is in the trash. 

Maybe if I get the container for the ornaments, Tommy will undress the tree. 

Sunday is a good, low-key day! Was your Sunday more exciting than mine? 

13 comments:

  1. I spent 2 hours at urgent care this morning. I have a bad case of bronchitis. I napped on the couch. I helped Ben with a school project in between coughing fits. Now sitting resting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      That's no fun! Rub Vicks Vaporub on your feet and put socks on, now or at bedtime. I promise you I was skeptical, but it worked.

      Delete
  2. I have rubbed Vicks on my soles and then put on a pair of heavy socks and it has often worked for me. I also put vicks on my neck and chest while wearing my flannel pajama top, if I'm real congested. It helps unless I have something serious going on. When you Vicks your soles,just be careful that it doesn't make your feet slippery in the tub.
    In our old enamel tub it did, in our new tub made of some kind of resin, my feet are not slippery after Vicksing. Just take care.

    I don't know why it works,but I have wondered if it some how relaxes the tight muscles around the lungs. I don't know how it does that all of the way from the feet, but maybe it relaxes the feet and other areas at the same time. My Grandpa who visited us from Florida each year when I was a little girl in late fall, would actually put a small finger dab of Vicks at the back of his tongue and swallow it before sleeping. DON'T DO THAT! Doctors now days say this can give a person aspiration pneumonia that can possibly kill you. Luckily my Grandpa lived to be 88 years old. Right now I would pay to have someone rub Vicks on my feet,and I am not even coughing!
    Everyone stay well and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicks on the soles of my feet stops the cough even before I can put on socks. I don't know how it does that all night long. But, I don't question...lol. My sister would put Vicks on her tongue when she was a child. I put it on the end of my nostrils, not for could but for congestion in head.


















































































      Delete
  3. Patience above! I first read the title as Cockroach
    Sunday here I finally boxed up the Christmas trimmings- curiously I have several empty boxes this time; I did a better job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      LOL...hopefully never a cockroach search.

      That is great to have done a better job. I always leave something still out, so search and make sure all is down.

      Delete
  4. My Sunday was far less exciting than yours! I slept in, fed my birds, and cooked a dinner for 6; Mongolian sheet pan beef with roasted green beans and coconut rice. Was a little annoyed when 2 made other plans. Hey--if I am cooking, I want an appreciative audience!
    Watched tv ("Succession" on HBO--prime example of why rich people should be eaten) and went to bed early without doing dishes. Paid the price this morning but oh well!!

    I rub Vicks on my sternum when I am coughy. I must try the soles of my feet next time, because the moisturizing would be a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Maybe you could not invite them next time as they obviously too busy! That would frost me. I think cooking and having company is much more exciting than sitting in the store, waiting on someone to help me.

      Delete
    2. BTW, have you checked your local Craigslist? Because maybe you could find an inexpensive, used coatrack that way. Or see if you have a local "Buy Nothing" group on F*ceb**k. Folks list things they want to get rid of, and people who would like that thing respond. It's a great way to get rid of stuff, too.

      Delete
  5. I love a low key Sunday!! We slept in, made a delicious breakfast outside on the griddle - sausage, freshly grated hashbrowns, scrambled eggs & toast. Then we finally took down Christmas decor and the tree. It felt good to get everything organized & boxed up nicely but I miss the ambience of the tree lights already. Later on we made a big Sunday dinner of pot roast & mashed potatoes & had my daughter & son-in-law over for dinner. It was a lovely Sunday that I didn't want to end!
    Sure wish I could lose 20# in 2 weeks but I have to say that seems a bit worrisome. Is there an underlying issue or are you on a diet or something? Hope you are well and are feeling better.
    Take care! :)
    ~Bri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      That is low-key! Sounds good to me. No reason except I was not hungry.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...