Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday Things

 Tommy's coffeemaker is very pretty and very clean and shiny. It makes the same number of cups, yet has a smaller footprint. This is a very good thing with limited counterspace. Years ago, a church member in town asked if his church could send people to work in my yard. Of course, my answer was in the affirmative. I decided to make pumpkin bread for the guys and have it on a table outside. 

When my friend heard, she gave me a coffeemaker so they could have coffee with the pumpkin bread. She said it worked fine, that she wanted a new one for some reason. Several years later, Tommy said his coffeemaker died, so I gave the gifted, used coffeemaker to him.  I gave him the one he used for twelve years until it died last Friday. I would say that coffeemaker served long and well. When my friend gave it to me, it was working just fine. 

All along the interstate, redbuds were in bloom. The made a nice lacy edging to the trees, sort of like crochet or tatting on the  edge of a dresser cloth or a tablecloth. All around the neighborhood redbuds are blooming. We need one. 

We were watching Modern Family when Mitchell said he bought a Diva cup. Of course, it was for Lily. I asked Tommy if he knew what was a Diva cup. He said no, so I explained it in plain language. You should have seen the reaction that showed on his face. He did not make a face on purpose, but his horrified reaction showed. Men are funny. 

Resident Alien is better this year than last. I cannot imagine how people think up these things. 

Wednesday night, we had pork loin and cabbage. I didn't get around to baking the acorn squash or the spaghetti squash. Tommy could have other vegetables that were cooked, but, he, too, had lots of cabbage and pork loin sandwich. There is enough for another meal. 

On Thursday, I promise I will cook the other 2 cabbages, 3 spaghetti squash, and 5 acorn squash. Okay, maybe not all of it. 

Wednesday, I found Hormel Chili No Beans bogo. So, 2 cans for $2.99. Spending $1.49 a can is much cheaper than full price. I only bought 4 cans, This is not a staple like tomato products and green beans.  But, occasionally, I do want chili cheese dogs. 

Tommy washed a pan with gunk in it from long ago. I was just waiting. Every time he washes dishes, I walk in a huge puddle of water....grrr. I don't say anything, just throw a used dishtowel down and use my foot to wipe it up. I am going to research what will remove the plastic from the eye. If you have a product you can recommend, I will check it out. Do you have a personal favorite for this task? I am reading on the internet in the meantime.

Wednesday was so gloomy. Today, Thursday, I can see blue sky and brilliant sunshine out the little fan light. So, today is shaping up to be a pretty and pleasant day. How is your day and week so far?

12 comments:

  1. I've had my keurig single cup maker for about 10 years now and it's keeps working. I would like something a little smaller foot print too, but I'm not replacing it until it dies. I am really enjoying Resident Alien, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Nothing gets replaced until it dies! I just can't wait for each episode.

      Delete
  2. We are having porkchops and fried cabbage for dinner. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIm,
      It appears so. I will probably cook carrots and potatoes tonight.

      Delete
  3. You watch Resident Alien?! Ah, that must be when you tasted space! LOL!

    I always knew you were my kind of gal! I love that show! But I have to disagree--I was much more enchanted with Season 1 than I am with the current Season 2. I love the 2 little kids who are trying their darnedest to subvert the Alien. I really detest the sheriff, tho--what a mansplainer he is! If I were the deputy I would have shot him in the back long ago.

    I kinda think you were having a bit of prankish fun with Tommy when you probed him about the Diva cup. I'll bet you were gratified with his horrified reaction. :^) Can't say he doesn't deserve a bit of poking now and then--just as long as you tell us about it, of course. ;^)

    We have blue skies and sunshine but freezing cold temps. Not as glorious as it looks cuz it's so dang frigid!

    Time to go run a bunch of errands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      You never can tell.

      Oh, the first season will never be topped. Those kids are wonderful! The deputy is unbearable. I fuss at him all the time.

      Oh, I really was trying to help him, wondering if he got the joke. Then, I decided to be brutally frank. His reaction was hilarious. If he does not quit mansplaining to me, I will poke him a bit harder. I will keep you informed.

      At least there is sunshine!

      Delete
  4. I had some leftover porkchops in fridge so I cut them up and made stir fry by adding a bag of frozen veggies. Cooked some jasmine rice and that's supper! I will have to check out Resident Alien. I haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had stirfry vegetables in the refrigerator and pork chops that I should have cooked! Maybe tonight. I was going to cook lentils to go with the vegetables. RA is really fun. Maybe you can watch the first season, too.

      Delete
  5. I liked the first season of Resident Alien better than the current one, but I do still like the show. It is well written with a good ensemble cast, which can make or break a show

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking up about the Diva cup conversation LOL

    I've heard good things about Resident Alien, I may have to check it out!

    Curious what you're referring to when you asked for a recommendation for a product that removes plastic from the eye...? Guessing you don't mean your actual eye, right? What are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      You would have to seen his face!
      Try to watch the first season if you can. It is bizarre. and funny.
      Stove eye.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...