Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Better News on the Egg Front

 The new Aldi ad has butter for $1.97/lb. I was hoping for this development! Wednesday, Tommy can go in and get some. I will have him check out the eggs, too. They are not on an ad, but maybe they are simply much cheaper. Plus, Anne confirmed the butter price and said eggs were $1.99. Anything but $6/18 eggs.

Tommy needed to get the form for filling out his taxes from the library. Hueytown library said they never got the forms, so he called Bessemer library and we drove there. Bessemer is very close, right up against Hueytown. He has been talking about getting the form and booklet for weeks. It was time. I suppose I know what he will be doing furiously for the next couple of days. 

The neighbor who mowed Tommy's yard and then paid for someone to mow his yard and Tommy's has moved. So, another neighbor mowed the yard today. He barely got in corners and did no weed eating, so I suppose this is the way it will be. I hate it! 

Okay, I must take a nap and go out again. 


6 comments:

  1. That Aldi sale ends here today. Not sure about your ad schedule but you can check online at Aldi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I did. Our sale with cheap butter starts Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Oh, dear--Tommy is cutting it rather close this year, no? Although I'm hardly one to talk. I just mailed our forms out yesterday. It feels so good to have them out of the way--like I can finally breathe again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      We have been talking about it, but it is just now time. I am sure he will be relieved, too.

      Delete
  3. Your paying the neighbor to cut the grass. Tell him it's not done the way you want. He may charge more to do the weed eating though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. savannah,
      No, the neighbor just came over and did the yard.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...