Saturday, April 2, 2022

I Have Made a Decision

Yesterday, the doctor refused to give me an antibiotic or prednisone! I was annoyed but tried to talk him into giving me something. Finally, he said he would compromise and send me something that I was not to pick up until Monday and take if I needed it. I have a Zpack waiting. 

Breathing is still hard and head congestion continues. I feel awful and am feverish. There are no leftovers except cabbage and a bit of the Hormel Beef where I ate a bit for lunch. Friday night,  we had the two shishkabobs. The price sticker was $12.99. The meat was tough and the bell pepper almost non-existent. 

At Publix, when I bought strawberries for out lunch, I was pleasantly surprised. The strawberries were red all the way through and sweet and juicier than I have ever seen a strawberry. If you see JAYMAR strawberries, maybe they are all red through. I hate to get strawberries that are white, hard and tasteless inside. You have to keep your lips tightly sealed to keep the juiciness from running down your chin! 

For breakfast on Saturday, I made seven eggs, scrambled. Half are waiting for breakfast tomorrow. Eggs, milk and strawberries were delicious for breakfast. I tried something different. Well, it was not different, just not done in ages. I put a splash of milk in the eggs before scrambling them. Mama always cooked our eggs this way, but for some reason, I quit using milk. Do you use milk in scrambled eggs? 

I have made a decision. When I leave the house, even to walk to the car, I WILL wear a mask. I cannot stand much more. 

Last night, we loaded the dishwasher. There is never anything except glass bowls, casseroles, and storage dishes. Tommy washes all pots and pans! And, the sink. I have the shiniest stainless steal in the country. 

Tommy at my request, took out three packages of bscb from the freezer Friday night. I will cook it and freeze most of it one or two breasts to a bag. I dislike running out of cooked chicken. Maybe it will be thawed by Sunday. I do not want to thaw chicken in the sink since I am so tired. There are 9 lbs waiting to thaw. 

Friday night, I slept so much better than the last two weeks. My chest is no longer tight. While I don't feel cured by any means, I am not getting worse day by day. 

Tonight, I have squash to cook. Steamed is great, but fried sounds great. Always with onions! 

When Wagon Train is over, we are going for a drive. Maybe I can catch the tail end of yard sales. Usually, I don't bother to get out, so I am sort of laughing at my idea of going to a yard sale. I suppose when I forget what they are, I will quit wanting to go look for yard sales! 

The day is beautiful, so just being out for a bit will be great, a treat. I hope the sun is shining wherever you live.

16 comments:

  1. I had the best scrambled eggs many years ago and have been trying to duplicate them ever since. I always used milk thinking it would make them tender like the ones I had but finally decided to try without milk. They were much better...alot more tender. I thought they would be tougher but they weren't. I never seem to get tasty sweet strawberries. I have given up on them and buy blackberries now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      My mother made them with a bit of milk and I loved them. When I made them without milk, I still liked them. So, I am divided in my opinion. It seemed the eggs took longer to set. Not sure.

      Delete
  2. I put milk in scrambled eggs. It makes them light and fluffy.
    Love squash and onions cooked together, I also melt some cheddar cheese on top.
    I hope you will be able to sleep well and recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I always thought my eggs were light and fluffy without milk. Maybe I don't know "light and fluffy."

      Delete
  3. I do make my scrambled eggs with a bit of milk. I also will use heavy cream or half and half, if I have some that needs to be used up. Makes for some very creamy rich eggs. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae,
      I suppose that is why I always thought my mother's scrambled eggs were delicious.

      Delete
  4. I use water if I use anything in my eggs. I also use my immersion blender which really whips them up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I had never heard of using water until lately. I get out my handheld mixer and beat them for a long time. It does make them fluffy. I don't have an immersion blender. thanks.

      Delete
  5. Hoping this reaches you. I use milk in scrambling eggs and do it in the microwave. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have only microwaved scrambled eggs once. It worked. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. I have always used milk in scrambled eggs, too. But when I recently learned to make an omelette the recipe was water. But the trick to fluffiness (from the video for the omelette making) was to really really whisk the eggs up. That does seem to make them very fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      We don't like omelettes but, I can see that would make them fluffy. I beat mine with a handheld mixer. The internet is certainly helpful.

      Delete
  7. I would be grumpy that the doc gave me prescription I couldn't access for a couple days. At least it's there waiting for you pounce on it. Have you ever thought of using a Neti pot for the congestion?

    We don't eat scrambled eggs much; mostly at holiday brunches. I always use a bit of milk or cream in them because that's what my mother taught me.

    The absolute best scrambled eggs I have ever had were in Monaco. French scrambled eggs are VERY different in that they are silky and creamy, not solid curds. They use olive oil, butter, & cream and cook the eggs low and slow.

    We are having trout (from Sam's Club) tonight and I will cook some delicata squash to serve with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I was grumpy and relieved. I suppose there is nothing to say I cannot get it now, but I agreed to wait until Monday. There are a couple of reasons a Neti pot won't work. First, I doubt I could handle it and turn my head and not fall down...lol. Second, I have no septum to speak of and liquid would just run right out the other side.

      I would eat scrambled eggs everyday if I could! I love them. The protein keeps me full so I don't eat so soon afterwards.

      I do like the solid curds and don't want anything silky in eggs. It is a childhood trauma.

      Your dinner sounds delicious!

      Delete
  8. I have never had fried squash and onions - sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...