Friday, April 29, 2022

WOW!

 I feel so much better! Wow! Maybe some might say 100%, but I know better. I did things today without feeling like I overexerted myself like I did other days just walking to the bathroom. 

About 2:30 am, Friday, I felt like I could sleep after getting no sleep the night before and a four-hour nap. It was time to sleep. However, last night I managed to stay asleep. I went to the bathroom twice and went to sleep readily afterwards a trip to the bathroom. 

Tommy woke me at 11 am as I requested. Around 12:30 I finally decided to color my hair. It has been so long, and my hair was just plain filthy. We had planned to go out at about 1:30 and made it a little later. We were not late. 

I went to Big Box and shopped away. I found one box of Wheat Thins for $2.47 that rang up for $2.98. That is a bummer. I found a dress, long, for around the house and still have not tried it. 

I also bought a curtain and valance to have the valance to go over the fanlight in the front door. The sun blazes in on my face for an hour each day year-round. I accidentally found a very small colander, so I will not have to use one of the huge ones. Since I am about to go "No TP" soon, I bought six more washcloths. And, I bought more of the roach killers that worked so well, I am going to keep them away. 

After an hour and a half inside the store, I was just fine. Other days, I knew I would be too tired to even go inside. Tommy got to sit in the car and listen to news, ball talk, or whatever.     

Tonight, I will get the taco casserole/soup put together and hopefully freeze some. The meat is cooked and the rest is cans. I need to get all the meat frozen that will not be eaten tomorrow. Until tonight, that would be an impossibility. 

Another neighbor came and mowed, used weed eater, and brought the garbage can from the road. The yard was looking ratty. 

It is so late and I still must get the taco soup from the crock pot. I still feel well, just tired from the day. Hopefully, I have this beat. 

Today was another day in the 80s with big fluffy clouds, a picture-perfect day. How did your day go? Did you find any bargains or sales?

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling much better. I couldn't stand to be in a store 90 minutes, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One, thirty minutes of that was in line. I was getting antsy. I did not browse or look at things with no reason. I was actively looking for what I bought. But, the line! If they had more than three lines open, it would have been better.

      Delete
  2. We have been asking that prices be adjusted when they ring up wrong at the Big Box. They always do it without question. We shopped at our salvage grocery store and stocked up on the bread and buns we needed. They had racks and racks of Pepperidge Farm bread for $1 each and the ones we bought still had several days on the date. We have a new freezer on order and it supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. That will give us more room to stock those breads when we go and we will pay less since they are 6/$5 but we never have room for that much.

    You might want to seriously consider keeping a food diary and see if you can find a food that is causing your ups and downs. It usually shows up in just a week or two if you are having a food intolerance issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I always ask, but I was home and looking over the receipt. I wanted to get out of there since I had been in line for over 30 minutes! They would have said it was on the wrong shelf like they always do. I usually have to argue with them.
      That is a great price for bread. If I could get more bread in the freezer, I could buy 7 items and get one item free at the bread store.
      I am allergic to everything and know--foods, plant pollen, mold, dust, strange things. The doctor said I was "not meant to live in this world."

      Delete
    2. I was that allergic for decades so I understand but you may notice a pattern because when you are that food intolerant you know that you continue to lose foods. I got down to 14 foods.

      Delete
    3. Lana,
      I hope I never get down to 14 foods!

      Delete
  3. Curiousity has totallly killed this here cat. So I have to ask:
    Why are you going "No TP"?
    You can tell me to mind my business...but you did open the way for this line of questioning, counselor, so I felt free to proceed... ;^) ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better. The freezer will be good, it's good to be able to stock up the specials, and freeze meals ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan,
    I am so happy I have a freezer to cook ahead and to take advantage of sales. I don't mind heavy cooking one day so I can eat for two weeks from those proteins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always glad to read you are feeling healthy. I would enjoy the taco casserole.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...