Thursday, April 28, 2022

Amazon Order

 

At one point, I could buy Wheat Thins Hint of Salt 2/$5 at Publix or $2.29  at another store. At the store last time, a box was over $4 and $5.06 at the other. On Amazon, the same box is $3. I ordered 6 for $3/each. We will write a month on them and only open one each month. Tommy thought this was a great idea which means we won't open them early...lol. 

I am soooo much better this morning. I am not 100% yet, but it feels like I will survive! All my joints have quit hurting. I didn't have the energy to fix that blurry picture!

It's a relief to see so many countries helping Ukraine. The war has caused me much concern. I know some have said they avoid the news in order not to be trouble by the news and images. I am the opposite. I must watch. I must hear. It makes it seem as though I have a measure of control. Yes, I know it is my own delusion, but it comforts me to stay abreast of the atrocities. I feel I must bear witness. I cannot hide! 

The new neighbor pulled our garbage to the road today. So, I suppose they are not too angry. The dog was barking on and off from 7:30 to after 8 am. They have a backyard, carport and patio full of stuff, several grills. They put the basketball goal even closer to my bedroom than the dog pen would have been. Every summer, I manage to rest listening to guys playing ball in the street, so this won't be bad. Children at play are sort of calming. They are not the fighting and screaming type of children. Tommy has to pull the heavy can a bit, push his walker forward, reach back and get the garbage and pull it a bit. He manages about two feet at a time to the road. I cannot pull it at all.

A neighbor from down the street came, drumming up business for lazy grandson who is going into the lawn care business. I don't think we will use him. I don't want us to have to chase him around to get him here and to redo what he does wrong. 

It is now evening, and I feel like I am having a relapse. My asthma is really bad. Tommy wants pork loin chops, so we are having pork, green bean casserole and slaw. We will probably have strawberries. Maybe not. I only have to mix up the casserole, so I can manage that. 

I still need to make cupcakes for the new kids/family next door. It is bedtime, and I am not feeling well at all! This has to end. Tomorrow, I call my doctor.

We are due for a week of rain, not much, but on the forecast. Maybe the sun will shine some each day like it has for over a week. 


12 comments:

  1. The price of crackers is crazy! I got Town House 2/$5 at Ingles and I had a $1/2 coupon and a $1.50/2 iBotta rebate so that made me very happy to get two for $2.50 to add to the pantry. Every bit helps!

    Your neighbors must be good people to have taken your trash to the curb. It's all going to work out. A neighbor used to help my Mom and I so appreciated that since I am 500 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like that kind of price for the Wheat Thins. Good job! We don't need the crackers. I could eat a whole box in two sittings if they are in the same room...lol.

      They seem to be nice in spite of the first meeting. I still have not made the cupcakes. I doubt they would appreciate my baking brownies while I am ill.

      I helped an elderly woman for about 15 years, doing more as each year passed. I took out her heavy, heavy metal can up the hill to the road! And, I had back trouble even then. I hoped I would get lucky and someone would help me when I became less capable in my old age.

      Delete
  2. I was glad to hear you were feeling better, than kept reading and that changed. :(. Children laughing and playing is nice to hear. When we lived in town I could see the grade school out my back office/bedroom window, they were just less than a block away and hearing them at recess was always a good sound. But here at this house, when neighbors son's kids are visiting it is not a good sound. One of them is always screaming and crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One, now this morning, I felt better. I am going to have to pace myself as I tire easily. Near a grade school would be pleasant. Screaming and crying gets old fast. My neighbor two doors away had three screaming and giggling girls. It was pleasant, if loud, and just far enough away it was not bad at all.

      Delete
  3. I get the store brand wheat thins and really love them - much cheaper. Same with Triscuts - I eat them a lot!
    Feel better and don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl
      Twenty years ago, I bought a WM brand, but I don't buy it now.

      Delete
  4. I don't track the price of crackers because I am not supposed to eat them, anyway. Too many carbs. Sigh. I would love to find something delicious that I could chew on mindlessly while watching TV, but so far that's only celery sticks. Whomp, whomp...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Too many carbs is correct. But, I try not to eat many and only with cheese. I am bad.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...