Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday This and That/Thanks Kim!

Tommy, at my request, rinsed the black items of clothing with vinegar. So, now I can hang them. At the suggestion of a commenter, I will only buy Kleenex that don't shred. (I can barely get to the laundry room on the carport and certainly not carrying laundry, so he does it for me.) 

The hummingbird feeder is full of live insects that look like tiny, skinny yellow jackets! This is the new feeder, so I hope these cannot get into the ones I still have from last year. I was going to wait until hummingbirds came to put all the feeders. I saw a fly-by last week. 

At almost 8 pm last night, I wandered off to bed and told Tommy to put the food away. He did. I had no idea if I would sleep an hour or eight hours. I slept until 11:30 pm, got up and watched tv with him until 2 am. THEN, I could not sleep, got up at 3 am and used my laptop maybe an hour, went back to bed and slept until 10:30 am. Every morning, no matter how much I sleep, I feel like I have been beat all over. The feeling takes hours to go away. A hot bath would help. A hot shower would be like torture but would help. I cannot get out of the tub. The shower is too nasty and I hate showers. And, I don't have a heating pad! So, I just endure. A heating pad/vibrator would be heaven for my back.

Today, we were given 9 sweet potatoes, 2 zucchini, one yellow squash, one eggplant, dozen apples, cucumbers, croissants, cookies with lots of marshmallow on top, flatbread, collards. I kept little, giving most away, including the bread and cookies. I kept some of the apples for apple something, one yellow squash, 6 sweet potatoes. The lion's share went to a friend. 

Friday night, Tommy wants to have leftovers--green beans, zucchini, potatoes, pork loin. Well, now he said meatloaf, green beans and cabbage!  So, we will eat something. 

Early Mother's Day candy was dessert. Happy! Happy! Happy!

We found someone to help us. Thanks, Kim.

11 comments:

  1. Pay someone to scrub out that shower, and buy a vibrating heating pad, if there is such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are willing to pay, but no one wants to come and just do a bathroom. They want to send four guys and do the whole house!

      Delete
  2. It would probably be worthwhile to have someone come in and professionally clean the shower/bathroom for you. You may hate showers, but as you said, the hot water would certainly be helpful. A company like Merry Maids will do 1-time jobs like that, and you can even ask for an estimate before you decide to hire. There is nothing nicer than a sparkling, sanitized bathroom!

    I mentioned this in the other post, but I use Kleenex, and they shred like any other tissue in the wash. So save your money and keep checking the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I called Merry Maids. I will check again! Checking my pockets is something I always do until I don't!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, same. I always check the pockets, but the one time I don't, it's Tissue Time...

      Delete
    3. Sue,
      Since he had to wait for me to check pants pockets, I could not believe I had not checked the jacket!

      Delete
    4. "checking my pockets is something I always do until I don't" That is so true! I am the same way, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Good, I hope you ran down some missionaries, they are alwasy looking for service hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not remember when I had a bath; they are lovely things indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since I could get out of a tub. Sad. They are wonderful.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...