Monday, May 23, 2022

Monkey Pox, Canker Sores, Small Pox Connection

 When I was twenty-one, I had dozens of canker sore in my mouth for months. They were so painful. Nothing helped. The "cure" left black that got all over my front teeth. Other ways to be rid of them failed, too. I mentioned the pain to my son's pediatrician. She told me to go down the hall to her physician husband and tell him to give me a small pox vaccine, 8 or 12 in a row, once a week or some such number. If I missed one vaccine, I would have to start over. Twice, I missed a vaccine. That meant I received about a dozen vaccines. 

She told me he would not be happy because he didn't believe it worked. He was not! Well, it did work. The first vaccine was given next to my original one in childhood. It was less that 1/4 inch diameter. The second was a red pinpoint, a lesser pinpoint for the third. I always had the tiniest red mark. It worked. I had no more canker sores. 

I have started having canker sores again. So, my plan was to get another series of smallpox vaccinations. I have not called the doctor yet. 

Now, I read small pox vaccines will help to avoid monkey pox. So, I suppose I can kill two birds with one stone. READ HERE

"Eradication" of smallpox contributed to the rise of monkey pox. By the way, If SMALLPOX HAS BEEN ERADICATED, WHY ARE THERE 100 MILLION DOSES OF SMALLPOX STORED RIGHT NOW?     <<<Click on the blue words for a link.

I am old enough to have gotten a routine smallpox vaccination as a child. Did you get one? 

By the way, I do not believe that smallpox has been eradicated! 

I was told that smallpox had been eradicated about 1974 when I took my daughter to the doctor for her vaccination. I was sorely disappointed and worried for my daughter. I feared that smallpox would rear its ugly head when my daughter was an adult with children. Maybe only children were eligible for a limited number of vaccines available. Even though I might not be alive when she was an adult, I worried about my daughter.

When my younger daughter was about 4 and the older daughter was around 9, I approached the doctor again. No, he had no vaccines.

However, He told me I could get one at the Health Department. When I told them what I wanted, I was treated rudely by the workers/nurses. They told me it was more dangerous to vaccinate my girls than to take a chance on smallpox, that the vaccine could kill. I was undeterred. So, they told me I would have to go to the pay for the vaccine. Okay, I can do that. The cost? $2.00. Every word they said to me was accusatory or demeaning.

I don't regret the decision. My daughter says that people ask about her scar since people her age did not have to have the smallpox vaccination. 

Did you receive a smallpox vaccination? Have you found a cure for canker sores? Since Covid was downplayed for so long, I wonder about monkey pox!

20 comments:

  1. My husband and his sister both had canker sore troubles until they stopped eating tomatoes and they were gone and never to return. They are often caused by food intolerances. Vaccines load up the body with heavy metals which is a cause of so much illness. For that reason we will not even get the flu vaccines. This monkey pox thing is ridiculous! More scare tactics by the media! Seriously the last outbreak in the US was 48 cases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      Vaccines save lives! I will take my chances. We all have to make decisions for ourselves and our children. When my doctor is vaccinating his children, and doctors are taking vaccinations, I figure I have made the right decision for me. But, I appreciate your caution.

      Delete
    2. My doc did not recommend vaccination. I trust her.

      Delete
    3. Lana,
      We all have to trust our doctors.

      Delete
    4. fact check: No, there is no metal in the COVID-19 vaccine
      Vaccines used to have Mercury in them, but it's not a common practice anymore - and it's not in the COVID-19 vaccines.

      Delete
    5. Lana, there is more arsenic, cadmium, chromium, and lead in HOUSE DUST than any vaccine.
      https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3558419/

      Me, I'll take vaccines any day. More people die without them than with them. That's the plain and simple truth.

      I did indeed have the smallpox vaccine, but it never left the little puckered circle on my upper left arm that so many of my friends had.
      Those monkeys, man. They sure are exacting their revenge for all those years of hideous, tortuous lab studies...

      Delete
    6. Sue,
      Vaccines did have mercury but now they don't. I am not afraid of a tested and approved vaccine.

      Delete
  2. I am old enough to have received the Smallpox vaccine. I received it in school. My younger brother was the last class which received it. As I recall, his injection site reacted terribly. In retrospect, I realize that probably indicated how sick he would have been if he had the disease. If I remember my microbiology correctly, the reason doses of Smallpox has been stored is twofold: 1) The very real threat of bioterrorism creating the need for the Smallpox in order to manufacture the vaccine, and 2) viruses do mutate, so it is entirely possible a similar virus could emerge, requiring the need of Smallpox viruses in order to develop a vaccine. And yes, vaccines save lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      My son was born in 1968 and daughters in 1970 and 1975. Son got the vaccine; daughter born two years later did not. UGH! It seems like a lot of vaccines just to develop another vaccine. Well, I protected mine to the best of my ability/knowledge.

      Delete
    2. I think you misread--the VIRUS was stored in the case a vaccine was needed due to either bioterrorism, or the emergence of a similar virus. Although, you are correct, many vaccines are developed from earlier vaccines, which is how the COVID vaccine was developed seemingly quickly.

      Delete
    3. "There is another smallpox vaccine licensed in the United States, ACAM2000, that could be used to prevent monkeypox, she said, and the country has more than 100 million doses."

      From the article. No, I got it right.

      Delete
    4. No, I meant you misread my comment saying the virus was saved to develop subsequent vaccines. Potato, Po-TAH-to.

      Delete
    5. LOL...I have no idea what is going on!

      Delete
  3. I doubt they give you the vaccine, but that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Why do you doubt it? If the doctor orders it, I can see no reason I will not get it.

      Delete
  4. Linda, I thought you were joshing about the smallpox vaccine curing canker sores until I read the following Q & A from People's Pharmacy:

    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/smallpox-shot-made-terrible-canker-sores-disappear

    I doubt your doctor will give you one, however. They will probably tell you to avoid foods with argnine (goodbye, chocolate!) and take L-lysine supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as I read and write this, I am getting over a surge of canker sores on the lower lip. they erupt from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      They hurt so! Get a series of small pox vaccination to cure them for years.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...