Sunday, May 8, 2022

Scooter's and Sunday

 When a building was torn down, we wondered what might be coming. Soon, construction started. They did finally put up a "coming soon" sign. We had never heard of Scooter's, so I googled it. 

After it was open, I begged Tommy to go there. It is only a drive-up window. I just wanted to see if he liked the coffee. We went by a month ago. The coffee was very good, but at over $4/cup, not that good according to Tommy. They do sell other items, forgot what, like sandwiches and cold drinks. This all old news, if news...lol. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of this place or had been there.

Okay, but to the present or the immediate past.

I neither planned nor wanted to do anything on Mother's Day. NOTHING! I could have planned, and Tommy would have done it. But, planning and doing involves wearing me to a nub. I wanted none of that. I did go to bed early Saturday night and slept a full eight hours. Of course, I awoke Sunday morning in severe pain, as always. 

For breakfast Saturday I made enough scrambled eggs for another meal. So, about 11 am Sunday, I microwaved the scrambled eggs and had milk. Around 1 pm, I wanted a Blizzard. Tommy always orders a Medium for me when I tell not to not get me a big blizzard. One day, I said get a small, and it was still too big. Finally, I figured out there is a mini, so that is what he got me.  It was a chocolate brownie something blizzard. We only get a blizzard about three times a year. That is why it took me so long to figure out this detail. He always gets a strawberry Sundae. 

About 3 pm, I had Wheat Thins and cheese. At 4 pm, I took a nap until 7 pm. I colored my hair about 9:30 and had oats around 11 pm. My diet today was not healthful at all. I planned fruits and vegetables, honest. 

This is about the most low-key Mother's Day I have ever had...lol. I had planned to put my hanging baskets of flowers into the wire and coir hanging baskets. But, since Lana said they dry out, I rethought that plan. That is when I decided a nap was in order. Tommy only had one thing to do, and I found out about 10:30 pm that he had not. He was going to get the hose, and in the pitch dark water the plants. I suggested he take two water bottles of water and hold up the foliage and very slowly pour one bottle of water into each hanging flower. He took three bottle and watered the lettuce, too. 

Plastic will go into the wire basket and the coir basket will go on top. Hopefully, that will help me keep them watered enough so they will live in the afternoon/evening sun and in front of a fully brick house. 

So, with no plans, nothing happened. Tommy is not a planner, and that is okay. I was going to suggest picking up Zaxby's or something else. I know he would have done whatever I wanted. But, I just did not want anything. I just did not want to be exhausted at the end of the day. I had flowers I could enjoy the rest of the summer. 

Tommy did not starve. He went to the big freezer and brought back a bag of two patties at 9:30 pm. I had cooked and frozen them. The patties were awful. I did not like them when I froze them. He also had cabbage and green beans or some vegetables. 

I was not tired, depressed or apathetic. I was content. That was my understated day. But, I am feeling very well and rested well after midnight. How was your Mother's Day? Have you ever heard of Scooter's? Have you been there?

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of Scooter's but I don't drink coffee. It was nice that you got out to Dairy Queen. I also had a simple Mother's Day. I cooked some flank steak, peppers and onions. I can use that for tacos, sandwiches and with rice, make an asian flavored dish. I also made a four layer chocolate dessert. That will get me done with cooking for quite a few days. Sometimes you just want to eat what you want without a great deal of fuss or work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink coffee, either. But, I was curious about how he liked it. You did more than I did. There was plenty of food here that did not need cooking. I ate the very easy way.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you had an easy going Mother's Day. I haven't seen any Scooters around here.

    My Daughter, Son in Law, Grandson who is 12, and our little Grand-daughter came to see me and my husband. My husband and I cleaned house on Saturday in case we needed to be inside because of the weather or if the skunks were stinking. It turned out we did spend our time inside. It was real windy blowing, all of that pollen around, I knew all of that pollen would have my asthma going the rest of the day if we were outside.
    We had a very nice visit. I had put most of my knick knacks up out of reach of little 16 month old hands. It turns out our Grand daughter is a climber too (our Grandson never did much of that) or mess with knick knacks. My daughter had to keep guard on the little one who climbed up on a dining room chair and stood up and noticed that I have a cobalt blue glass round smiling sun/moon hanging in the window. That baby saw that smiling glass moon and was laughing and smiling and telling us all about it, she isn't very understandable yet, but she sure loved that smiling blue moon. She laughed, pointed, and kept talking and talking all about it. My Daughter gave me a beautiful miniature orchid in a tall glass terrarium. It was so pretty.
    And then things took a turn for the worse. My grandson was was walking around the house and came back into the living room and asked where Fuzzy was. Fuzzy had died on my Grandson's birthday back in March, so of course we hadn't mentioned it to him when we saw him at their house right after his birthday, and time had passed and there was no appropriate time to mention it to him. So when I told him that Fuzzy is in heaven now, he cried so broken-hearted. He loved Fuzzy so much ever since he was a baby and they played together so cute. It was so sad, I was crying, too. My daughter and my husband had tears in their eyes, too. My poor Grandson is so soft- hearted for animals, just like our daughter was when she was a child. She is a nurse now. Maybe our Grandson will become a veterinarian, he has mentioned it before. I was hoping we would be able to hold out on telling him about Fuzzy until we had our new puppy, thinking maybe that would take the edge off of his sadness, but maybe it wouldn't have helped because it was Fuzzy that he loved so much. So at the very end of our visit, my Daughter's and my Mother's Day took a sad turn.

    On a happier note, next weekend, my Son will be home for a few days on leave before he heads to The Hague in the Netherlands.
    It will sure be good to see him. Seeing him will cheer up our Grandson,too. Our Son will be sleeping at my Daughter's house, so our Grandson will have a real good visit with his Uncle T.

    Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Mother's Day was certainly bittersweet. My son could get anything given the chance. We had to watch him like a hawk once he discovered my mother's lamps with shiny prisms. The girls were so much easier.

      My asthma is worse than I have ever had. It just won't seem to get better! Skunks!? Ewww!

      I am glad you get to see your son, too.

      Delete
  3. I have used the coir baskets for several years (except around here the stores call them "coco liners", but last year I just started using the hanging basket the plants come in. Seems like the flowers dried out faster and I had to water more often with the coir type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I wanted baskets alike. Besides, these baskets are too long and hang on the railing of the ramp. I guess the ramp is too close, not the baskets too long. I figured out that the coir dries out faster. So, I am going to put plastic between the basket and coir. I hope that works. Do you think it will?

      Delete
  4. My Mother's Day began with a call from Son3. I enjoyed talking to him for quite a while.
    TheHub and I had an early lunch and watched Alabama's softball game, then headed outside. Fortunately Son2 came by and helped us get the cover off the pool. It is the first time we had had 3 people help with the removal and it makes it so much easier.
    After that we got the upper patio ready for the summer, and the pool deck spruced up. I told Son2 his help was the greatest Mother's Day gift.
    Later we had a FaceTime visit with Son1 and his family.
    It was a great Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That sounds like a full Mother's Day. Any help from a young man is bound to make a hard job much easier. Good for you.

      Delete
  5. I got flowers and cards for Mother's Day, even though my official celebration is next Sunday. Too much going on with DD's pinning and graduation as Doctor of Physical Therapy. Plus DH had to go out of town.
    On "official" M'sDay, I don't have to do dishes or cook any meals. If I want to do an activity, the whole fam has to join in with great enthusiasm and zero complaint. I wish every day could be Mother's Day! :^) :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should put that idea forth for all our Mother's Day. I am sure you will get a real celebration--"great enthusiasm and zero complaint."

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...