Friday, June 24, 2022

Clean Bathroom!

 The cleaner is here cleaning. YAY! I asked her if she had ever seen a filthier bathroom. She said, "NO!" I had warned her before she came.  In addition to the things I bought, I gave her vinegar IF she wanted it. She took it. And, I gave her a little tub of baking soda. She was using both. She was using both even though I had bought everything she asked for when I talked to her. 

Tommy had a little plastic corner shelf attached to the wall in the shower that he used for his soap and washcloth. I told her if it would come off the wall, remove it. He may have a fit, but it was black, nasty and moldy inside the shelf and behind it when removed from the wall. 

Tommy took the rugs out and they will be dried in the sun and will be ready for the clean bathroom. 

She stayed 3 hours, actively cleaning the whole time. There are things not done all the way, but when she comes back, we will deal with those things. Yes, I will pay for further cleaning in there. It was a horror. Tommy went to see after she left and said, "WOW!" I asked what. He said it is so bright...lol. 

I took a nap while she was here, sitting in my chair with the back leaned back. I put my tshirt headband over my eyes, and pulled the quilt on the chair down over my head. Tommy turned the TV down and no one called me. it was a great nap. 

She stayed 3 hours. She charges $18/hr. I told Tommy to give her $70. I figured $20hr. and another $10. She thanked me like she was surprised.  

When Tommy goes to water at 7 pm, I am going out to see what he is "deadheading." I think he is "liveheading" the blossoms not yet out. I need to show him the flower ovary!

It is very hot again today. "Feels like" temperature was over 100F. 

I need to go cook something, so we can watch "Steel Magnolias" for about the tenth time. 

15 comments:

  1. A bright and shiny bathroom would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      This is oh so very nice. It is not quite clean in places, but it will get to perfect.

      Delete
  2. Today was a scorcher wasn't it. My plants are not tolerating this heat well at all and I guess I need to start watering them in the morning and evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I just heard it was 97F today. I believe it. My plants are suffering. Tommy waters them at 7 pm every day. If these were edible and not flowers, we would be watering twice a day, too.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got that project taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I am, too! It needs more work, but that was what she could get done in the time she had to work here. Between some of the fiddly, little one-inch tiles, there is crud. But, overall, the whole bathroom is lighter, brighter and fresher smelling. It did not stink, just smelled old.

      Delete
  4. The cleaner sounds good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      She is good. I cannot wait to get her back to do more.

      Delete
  5. If someone paid me that I would clean my own home ... I told Hubby that and he said I still owe him for the garden work LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Funny! You have to get a different angle now to get paid. I could not clean this for love nor money. Well, it would cause me injury and take two weeks.

      Delete
  6. If you have a viberglass tub instead of porcelain tub, I wouldn't use Comet or anything that has tiny grit for scrubbing. Porcelain tubs that
    is not a problem with comet. But in the information about our fiberglass tub and wall surround it said to never use abrasives on it because that will make fine scratches, and in the end make it harder to keep clean. Sorry, I just thought of this the night anfter reading about the lady asking for abrasives to clean. I was getting ready to go to bed and forgot untl now to send you this bit of information that I remembered about my own tub and tub surround.

    I'm glad your bathroom is pretty much clean, fresh and shiny now. i bet you feel like it was worth every penny.

    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I really don't know. I suppose I need to go peck on it...lol. That is why I use Barkeeper's Friend.

      Most of the little tiles are cruddy. The grout that came clean is snow white. Amazing. The woman spent 3 hours cleaning one bathroom. So, she did a lot of cleaning! Next time, we are working on my bedroom. However, the bathroom is not officially "done." On the phone she said she only had three hours before her regular job, that she should be able to clean the bathroom in that amount of time. I assured her it was going to be hard. So, she was prepared...lol.

      Delete
  7. I am mad-jealous; I would pay big bucks to have someone/anyone clean the joint.
    No need to watch S.M.; we know every line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me over a year to find her. I found people who did not clean and I found these companies who wanted to send four men!

      Delete
    2. Urspo,
      I just about have it memorized!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...