Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia Kills Patients. There is a Simple Way to Stop It.

 Read this article to find out how to keep hospital-acquired pneumonia from killing people. CLICK HERE

Sunday night, I slept two hours--7 am to 9 am. Tommy woke me at 9 am to get up because the cleaner was coming at 10 am. She worked until 1 pm and I went to bed at 3 pm. About 3:15 when I was just on the brink of sleep, the dog next door started barking! I came flying in and complained to Tommy. He went next door.

The woman said they could not stop the dogs from barking and to go ahead and call Animal Control like we did before. That was her response in total. I am so furious. It is almost midnight and I have not been able to sleep. The dog did start barking again. So, I will call Animal Control on Tuesday when I am in a better mood and better able to take the stress of calling. 

Lynda said her dog knows when she is in trouble for barking. Her dog stops barking at a word. The cleaner said the elderly woman in the nursing home has a dog that knows to stop when she, the cleaner, speaks sharply to her. However, the dog does not obey the owner. I think that a book on dog training should be required of all dog owners. Or, send the dog to an obedience training course, or have the owner take the course. 

It did not rain at all today, but it was overcast almost until dark. Tommy says he hurts from dragging the hose. There has got to be a better way for him. 

Monday, the cleaner continued in the bedroom. She cleaned out the closet entirely, cleaned the walls and ceiling with a swiffer with a washcloth on it. We sorted the almost a hundred hangers. Some he is going to donate to a thrift store, along with an old pair of shoes that looks like new, only worn to church. There was a single shoe that he said he must have thrown out the mate. There was a gift set of small men's colognes and single bottles of cologne. He sorted shirts and is giving away about a dozen. The vacuum cleaner will be used next time she comes. It really helps to give him stacks of clothing and let him decide. It really helps to have her do the walking and carrying. Remember, we had to find the floor first!

I had her stop a little after noon and show me how to put apps on my phone. I did it easily on my old one and the one that was stolen. She put Gas Buddy on first at my request. We can find the cheapest gas anywhere. I can add the rest of the apps I want/need.

Then, since there was time left, I asked her to clean out two drawers removed from the kitchen cabinets and emptied. Since I kept hearing clinking and went in to see what she was doing. She did not see the drawers but took out two I had completely forgotten and was cleaning those. I kept telling her to leave it, but she continued until about 3 minutes past quitting time. The last thing I want to do is keep her past what we agreed. We gave her the same as last time--$70 for three hours. 

I think it might take two, maybe three more visits to get it clean, including windowsills. We will be able to get a ladder into the room for her to change the overhead light bulb. It will be nice to have a relatively dust free room. She will be here forever. Tommy wants her to come twice a month after the whole place is clean to keep it clean. 

Monday night, I had 9 hours sleep, so Tuesday is a good day so far. We did one chore. In a few minutes we are going to give something to Lynda and she is giving us a whole box of Snack Bags that she accidentally bought. We use these. She does not. 

Make sure your teeth are brushed in the hospital. Brush the teeth of anyone you care about. Had you ever heard of this problem? Were you aware of bacteria in the mouth causing pneumonia? 

11 comments:

  1. You always seem to be a day ahead of me! I swear today is Tuesday not Wednesday. LOL
    Glad the cleaning person is helping so much and Tommy is on board.
    I am sorry about the dogs - but yes, dogs do bark and you can not always get them to stop even with training. You live a different lifestyle than the average folk - different hours. I hate that they bother you. I pray it all calms and everyone can get some peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed that. Tommy told me after I posted that it was Tuesday not Wednesday.

      When they let a dog bark for ten minutes while they are sitting nearby, they don't care about others. My lifestyle is not the problem. I have and have had friends and neighbors who were not napping who get tired and complain of dogs barking. So, it is not me or my choices. Barking dogs bother lots of wide awake people.

      Delete
    2. I think it is kind of like people with kids that yell and scream when out in public. They are used to it - it isn't that they don't care about others - they are just used to hearing it, so it really doesn't register.

      Delete
    3. If someone complained about my children were causing a noise problem in public, I would stop the noise. When someone points out something, it should then register.

      Delete
  2. I have dogs. Dogs bark. I can't always keep them quiet when other people are about. I try, but they bark. I don't let them bark at night, or early in the morning... but mid-day or afternoon ...the whole world is up, or most anyway. Your neighbor can not be expected to anticipate your strange sleep times, and keep the dog quiet all the time. Nor can they keep the kids from making kid noises.
    I think you need to get earplugs if you are going to sleep at odd hours of the day. It is not fair to the neighbors to become the "crank" and keep calling animal control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people work at night. The kids are no problem. I am not the only person in the world or this neighborhood who call animal control. I managed to control my dogs. Other people can, too. Prolonged barking with the owner sitting 20 feet away only proves they do not care! When people call me names, I will not publish their comments.

      Delete
  3. It is a very bad thing when neighbors can't work together to have a good relationship. I know I have told you many times that I have dogs. I do not allow them to be barking all day or night. If they start up I bring them back in the house. I also don't like that they are out there probably suffering in the heat. I can't take it so it must be very uncomfortable for them as well. I also have issues sleeping, right now I sleep in the daytime and up at night. I hate it and wish I could get back to normal.

    I am glad your cleaner is working out so well for you. I have trouble these days getting up and down from the floor. So somethings are hard to do as good as I would like. I noticed today that my lower kitchen cabinets need a good wipe down. Normally, I sit down on the floor with my bucket of cleaning water and get it done. With this new hip it is a little more of a challenge but I will get it done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      People leaving comments think it is my place to change. Well, the dogs have been know to bark at 5:15 and as late as 10:30, so I suppose those are my sleeping hours. Dogs do bark. On a farm, they can bark for longer than in a neighborhood. These people just think they can do as they please.

      In the past when I have gotten into bad sleep habits, I sort of had to work my way out gradually. There is no one who can tell you exactly how.

      When I had to be near the floor but did not dare sit on the floor, I sat on a five-gallon bucket and could reach up and grab the sink. Of course, that is only in front of the sink. When I rolled off the bed in the night, I could not pull on the soft mattress that had slid off and could not get on my knees because of the pain. Tommy got a tiny stool for me, maybe about 10" high, and I managed to push my behind onto that. Being down on the floor, no matter how I got there is not a good thing...lol. I don't know how a new hip would manage the way I can get up.

      The cleaner is good at remembering from the week before, like where I told her to get rubber gloves. And, she is comfortable just getting into my things, getting what she needs and what I tell her to sort or clean. She is not hesitant when I ask her to give something to Tommy and tell him something. I hope she stays happy making over $23/hour.

      Delete
  4. Thats my plan, I have a little step stool I am going to try and use, then maybe bring the walker back in to have something I can help get up and down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      Have someone with you the first time you try to get up. It is hard for me to pull on the walker. It is not as stable as I need. Maybe you would do better. Even with Tommy holding onto his walker, I could not pull up. But, that might be because of my torn rotator cuffs making me not so strong.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...