Monday, July 11, 2022

We Interrupt This Program for a Special Announcement!

                          Okay, I found the Miracle Whip by accident. 

I was looking in the cabinet on the left side of the sink, looking for something else I misplaced. As I looked where the little two shelf storage unit for spices is kept, I looked on the shelf above where quart jars of flour, sugar, etc. are kept. My eyes went upward to the third shelf and there was the MW, sitting there, mocking me! 

The other thing I misplaced was the little pink bin where I previously kept spices. I remember it being in front of the microwave in Tommy's way as I was rearranging that shelf and putting in the double-decker spice holder. I told him to just put it anywhere. It was near the table with a box of cleaning supplies on top!

And, after I took the Miracle Whip to the kitchen, I placed it on the counter beside the sink where I was going to make a sandwich. I was not sure if there was enough MW in the jar or if I would need the new jar. Well, there was enough to put back in the refrigerator for another use. So, I picked up the MW and put it right above where it sat, in the top shelf instead of where I would store it. 

See, I remembered how both "lost" items were...lol. Well, I do remember how they got where I found them. Got to save face here. 

Some were concerned the MW had been out of the refrigerator too long. But, this jar had never been opened. I am glad I found it because I paid over $6 for it. That is outrageous. I was dreading buying another. However, MW is a food group. I like it thick and sloppy on my sandwich, but I need to put it on in a civilized smear like I was reared to do. 

I slept two hours last night and the cleaner came this morning. She emptied the closet in the bedroom and cleaned it and fumigated it. She started filling it back up as I directed from bed. When I asked Tommy what to do with some things, he said to throw them away. Well, they will be sold instead. He has a Polaroid camera and a nice case that are over 40 years old. Plus, he has various colognes, gifts he has never used. I am glad he hates cologne. 

It is now time for a nappy poo. 

When you misplace an item, do you remember the circumstances of where you put it once you have found a "lost" thing?

4 comments:

  1. So glad you found the Miracle Whip! I am still looking for a hose nozzle I bought last week. It will turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thanks! You know you will probably find it when you give up. I had given up and was going to buy another jar this afternoon. I had for lunch a ham sandwich with MW after the cleaner left. Now, I may make some pimiento and cheese.

      Delete
  2. I despise miracle whip, so I am glad someone likes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I equally despise mayonnaise. Miracle Whip has two sites--I hate Miracle and I hate Mayonnaise. At least, they did. I keep mayo because in recipes MW cannot be subbed for mayo. It is nasty is I do.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...