Thursday, July 14, 2022

La Quinta Inn and Other Things

 Original Post Here

I finally got around to talking to Customer Care about the La Quinta Inn stay. I have tried for the whole two weeks to find the right number. One guy hung up on me. Another number had breathing and a feeble person saying, "I am the only person here." Not sure what that was, but I did have the number I intended to dial. I got three other people who could barely speak English. Finally, I talked to a woman who did not seem to listen, only intent on saying, "If that is the way the motel wants it, we cannot make them change."

She said: 

If only one bar is required in the shower, that is okay. They are not required to put in more than minimum.

If they want to put handicap rooms where dogs are allowed in the room, that is the prerogative of the motel. 

No one is required to keep dogs from barking because dogs cannot be stopped from barking. 

No one has to bring me anything to the room. 

The motel can put the microwave anywhere they want to place it, no matter how low. As she said,
Wherever they have room. The microwave was so low that even a person in a wheelchair would have a problem reaching it and not falling out of the chair. 

She made absolutely no comment on the hair on the ice bucket or rolled in a towel. No comment on wet floor being slick as ice. 

The information that she reacted to the strongest was the woman who checked us in saying she was the only person working in the motel at that time. 

I forgot to say there was only one chair in the room and barely room for that one. Plus, there was very little room for walking. 

There is no one room that will fit every disabled person, but room for walking and safety in the bathroom seem to be things that a severely disabled person, more so than either of us, might require. 

I will get an email once she reviews the information. 

The reason I did not report this sooner was that at first, I was tired; some days we were not here; some days I forgot until after 5 pm; some days I had better things to do. I had all sorts of excuses. I suppose the only thing to do now is to post this information online on some site.

There are a few things I learned: Never go to any Wyndham-related motel. There are many chains under their umbrella. Always make sure where the dogs are and not stay in that section. Always see the room first. The first two rooms for disabled that I stayed in were superb. Lately, not so much. I wish I knew the names of those motels. 

I think we need to cook meat again. It is thawed and we only have one helping left of ground beef cooked with onions. Well, there are a dozen meat meals frozen. But, we are not getting into those. Plus, I need to shop for fresh vegetables. Overnight, I cooked dried beans in the crockpot. I use Great Northern Beans I cook from dried for making hummus. I have had hummus on my mind. And, Tommy hates it. So, I will figure out how to make some for him that he will eat. Or, maybe not. It really does not matter since he like GNBs. 

Yesterday, I cooked a two-gallon bag of chopped collard greens. Beans go with greens. Maybe I will bake sweet potatoes to go with the beans and greens. This all sounds like fall, but when you have it, you cook it. I may freeze some of the greens for later. 

Slowly, but surely, with all the cleaner did by moving things, I am able to further declutter my bedroom. At last, I can hang things in the closet, so my clothes are not stacked different places. Also, the Rubbermaid storage crates can go into the closet. 

What are you cooking today? How does your garden grow? 


2 comments:

  1. today Monday I cook a simple pasta with a sauce from crushed tomatoes basil garlic and some oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      That sounds delicious. Those are my favorite ingredients.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...