Monday, August 29, 2022

Artemis 1 Moon Treat

 Last night, I read until 5 am and got up to go to the bathroom. Tommy had the light on, but I went to the bathroom first. Afterwards, since I had heard a very loud noise, I went to the living room to see what the noise was. He was lying, sprawled full length on the floor. My throat tightened. "What are you doing?" I could barely talk. 

As it turns out, he had gotten up to go to the bathroom and heard something fall from his table making the loud noise I heard. When he came back, he lay down to find what fell. After he retrieved the bottle of Vicks Vaporub that fell off the table, he had to drag himself back to his chair. Think Christina's World. Only, he cannot sit up as well as she could. He was mostly on his stomach. 

I went back to bed, read the final half page to the end of the chapter and went to sleep. 

On Sunday night, Tommy had me find the time the Artemis 1 would launch--7:30. He set the clock and I told him to wake me, too. A little after 7 am, I awoke and came into the living room. He said the launch was delayed, so I told him to wake me if it were to be launched. I slept until 10 am. So, we were up. 

I had mentioned getting a Krispy Kreme Artemis Moon Doughnut. We drove about ten miles to get two apiece for a little over $10. We ate one each under the shade of a tree. They were so delicious. 

I went into a big box and bought three items I may take back. Many shelves were bare, getting ready for Halloween items. 

The sky was even more beautiful than yesterday. It makes me happy. 

Of course, I had a nap. And, we ate our second Artemis 1 Moon treat. I talked to Lynda instead of making slaw and baked vegetables. 

Dinner was easy--microwaved baked chicken, carrots, squash, and mashed potatoes. After dinner, I had another peach. The others need to be sliced as they are starting to go off. Maybe I will make a cobbler.

And, we end the day with several episodes of Gunsmoke. We have such an exciting life!

Did you get an Artemis I doughnut today?

Have you made a peach cobbler this summer? Do you like ice cream on peach cobbler? Or, a glass of milk?  

10 comments:

  1. All the stores here have Halloween things out already and some Christmas as well. It is crazy soon on both!!!! I have just eaten any peaches that I bought this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Most of it is junk I would not want. But, obviously someone does. Peaches are wonderful!

      Delete
  2. I'm more a whip cream kinda' woman. I prefer it to ice cream. I used to own an isi whip cream maker, which I used every day until it just quit. I still have the Nitrous oxide cartridges. Hmmm...Christmas is coming, maybe I should put out the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I have never heard of a whipped cream maker. It sound intriguing. I would not turn down whipped cream on a peach cobbler or anything else for that matter. It seems Tommy never gets my hints! My mother listened to what I said, not things I wished for just things I was needing generally.

      Delete
  3. I make peach cobblers for TheHub. It is a great dessert for me to make because I do not like cooked fruit, so there is no temptation. However the ice cream he likes on top of it is another story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I love cooked fruit, but Tommy hates ice cream on warm desserts. "I want hot dessert hot and cold dessert cold, not mixed!" I guess the ice cream is for me.

      Delete
  4. I don't make peach cobbler; I guess I don't like peaches enough to make one. I did love my mother's canned peaches, though. We had them for dessert so many nights! My favorite way to eat them was to put 2 graham cracker squares in a bowl and then put a peach half with some syrup on top. Whipped cream was a luxury in our house, and ice cream was scarce because 5 sweets-desperate children could demolish a pail of ice cream in 2 nights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Linda your comments about Matt Dillon's pink/lavendar shirts have me staring at them every time I watch it. I wonder why the heck they put him in that color... Thanks a LOT, Linda! You've officially made it impossible for me not obsess over his shirt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...