Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Appointments and Weight

 Today was a productive day in my opinion. Maybe you could have gotten more done. 

I actually made appointments I had to cancel last week or the week before. The podiatrist is rescheduled as is the gastro doctor. Of course, the appointment for gastro is in November. 

Plus, I got the name of a doctor about a mile from here to replace the doctor who only seems to want to deal with minor ailments. Then, I had to take an appointment with a nurse practitioner which is fine with me. Maybe she will do something. This doctor actually has an office on the far side of town and works for a hospital. So, it is not so bad as Tommy thought. 

Tommy is agreeing to get the second booster tomorrow. So, we will see how it goes getting him to get it. For some reason he was reluctant last week. Of course, I was ill and could not take it. Tomorrow, I will have been through with the antibiotic, so will be the most well I have been in a while. 

Tomorrow, I will tackle appointments with two other doctors. One doctor is with a call center and I had to push buttons, choosing what I wanted and then I had to wait for a return call. I looked at the phone and had to make 11 choices, 11 pushing of buttons to get where I needed to be just to be told I would receive a call. This is so frustrating! 

Today, the yard was mowed. It had gotten so tall with all the rain. Plus, there is a patch of weeds that is even taller. But, it looks great now. 

The scales were in the kitchen because there was no room in the bathroom. Plus, the scales cannot sit on carpet. Since the missionaries never returned to finish the job in the kitchen, the floor is full of cabinet contents and there is no room to walk or move. Stuff had been stacked on the scales and I was afraid the continual weight would damage the scales. I moved them to the other end of the kitchen and Tommy could not roll about. 

He moved the scales too far onto the carpet for me to get them. Sooo, I managed to get them out and moved into my bedroom. He has a floor pad for rolling around a desk chair. I thought I might put the scales on that. But, I put them in the closet where there is no carpet. 

When I decided to weigh, I just stepped into the closet and got on the scales. Outside of the closet that seemed like a really good idea. Once I was inside the closet, facing the closet rod and in between clothes, I felt rather foolish. Weighing every day is the only way I can lose weight, so I suppose every morning I will be in the closet weighing. 

Tommy laughed when I told him he would have to get into the closet if he wanted to weigh. Maybe I will move it to the chair pad thing. However, the closet is better since I need to hold onto something to get onto the scales safely. 

Tonight, for dinner we had bacon-cheddar-cheeseburgers and sweet potato. Plus, from the vegetables we also had, Tommy chose carrots. 

I am supposed to eat every two or three hours. That is not hard since I am famished. But, eating seems to make me hungrier. It is called reactive hypoglycemia. I read or heard that eating protein every two or three or was it four hours, kept blood sugar under control. Before I came here, I would pull off a piece of chicken breast and eat it as a snack. So, I will start doing what always worked for me. 

So, am I to understand no one had an Artemis 1 doughnut?

Do you have good luck with nurse practitioners? I do! Do you have anything unorthodox or personalized habits that help you to lose weight? 

9 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I had a doughnut. It would have had to be a time we had houseguests but I know it was not this summer because no one wanted any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      This was special. Otherwise, we did not want one either.

      Delete
  2. I had very good service from a nurse practitoner at my obgyn. I also had an excellent nurse practitioner at my pain management doctor, but he retired and she moved on to different doctors at a much more distant office. I asked my daughter why she doesn't become a nurse practitoner and she said there was no way she was going to go to school that much longer. It would just be too hard. I am sure it would be with child going on 12 and one who will be two years old in December in the house, plus to her, she doesn't accept anything less than the best grades, so she wears herself out.

    The last time I lost a good amount of weight was when I ate as much broccoli, cauliflour as I wanted throughout the day and then had a late supper and kept the calories low on that. I am just not psychologically up to that right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I have had quite a few nurse practitioners and only had one bad experience. So, I am quite open to seeing one. I suppose it would be difficult with two children those ages. I want someone who did study hard.

      If I could have lots of fiber, I would do that. I ate lots of broccoli, cauliflower, and an apple each day, too.

      Delete
  3. Our nearest Krispy Kreme is over 50 miles away, so no Artemis 1 doughtnuts for us. It's been at least 3 years since I had a KK, but DH and I went on a road trip 2 weeks ago and brought home a dozen. They were every bit as delicious as I remembered. A glazed raspberry-filled is my version of Heaven. I told DH we need to get a KK franchise for our retirement. He said we'd eat up all the profits. He's probably right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      We were not willing to travel that far. Raspberry-filled is my favorite, so that is what I would get if I bought filled ones. I would probably eat up all the profits, too. I cannot work with food for that reason. I could taste myself to 500 pounds.

      Delete
  4. I lost 30 lbs by intermittent fasting last year. I have maintained the loss, but haven't been fasting so haven't lost any more weight. It's really time to get serious again, but I am lacking committment right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Protein or fat (or both!) will keep your blood sugar on a more even keel. Sugars and simple carbs will cause further imbalance. A chunk of chicken, as you suggested, is a good way to address the reactive hypoglycemia. Also good would be a chunk of cheese, a hard-boiled egg, 10 almonds or cashews, or a tablespoon of PB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese and eggs are my choice. I am allergic to cashews and am not supposed to eat nuts anyway. PB is one of my choices, too.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...