Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wednesday Better/I Do Have Questions

 We did our shopping for the week. Tommy went in and bought one bell pepper. The ads are not helpful at all. He also brought out a box of Klondike bars! Oh no! I will need bananas which are never on sale. I may buy eggs later and bread which is bogo, At this time I have plenty of eggs and plenty of bread. By Tuesday I might be able to handle more of each. 

Not one person on the news I heard or online mention that Tuesday was the day Elvis died--August 16, 1977. So Trump and the Ukraine are more important? I am disappointed. I did my memory recall and told Tommy. Since I am from Memphis, he is near and dear to me. My daughter and I am the baby cried lots that day. I felt bad because the baby was crying and she did not know why. My son and husband were confused. Did you remember his death on Tuesday?

Since I had trouble sleeping Tuesday night, I did have a nap. But, afterwards I did have the gumption to do a few things I needed to do. Unfortunately, the nap so late may affect my ability to sleep tonight. I hate that since I have two doctors' appointments on Thursday. 

I feel much better since I started taking otc guaifenesin. It clears up anything in my lungs and saves me from so much misery and antibiotics. Sometimes, when I do need an antibiotic, the doctor wholeheartedly agrees this otc med is necessary. This is the original Mucinex, not the later ones with all sorts of other medications included. Do you ever take generic guaifenesin or original Mucinex with only one active ingredient?

Why, oh why do doctors give an appointment time and then later, on paper or on a text or voice mail confirm and say to come 15 MINUTES EARLY? Why not just give a time to be there and have that include check-in time? It annoys me to have a time in mind and then find out I must be there earlier. I feel like they are trying to trick me into thinking I am not having to come in earlier. Do you wish doctors would just include that extra 15 or 30 minutes in the time of arrival?

Dinner was easy tonight. We heated last night's dinner--chicken, potatoes, carrots and snow peas. And, that is the dinner for Thursday night, too. 





17 comments:

  1. I did remember Elvis on that day and was remembering how hard the little girl and her mom who lived across the street from us were so sad about it. I was sad about it but not so heartbroken as they were. He had so many true fans that felt a major connection to him.

    It aggravates me when they make the appointment for a certain time
    and then give that notice to get there 15 minutes before that and then what really gets me is when I get there 15 minutes early and end up waiting in the exam room with the door closed wondering if they forgot about me for 30 minutes.

    I have a doctor appointment for Thursday, too. I couldn't do two appointments in one day. I am always tired after just one and ready to get home and rest a few minutes before making super. I hope your appointments go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      We were heartbroken. He was a good but flawed person.
      I feel like it is dishonest to tell me one time and then try to get me in earlier. I notice the dr walks out most of the time right at 30 minutes even if I am trying to ask a question. Of course, some don't.

      It is after 6 am and I have not managed to go to sleep, so I doubt I can make the second appointment. I have never seen the first doctor and only seen the second one once. I hate to cancel on him, but I may have to.
      The first is a podiatrist I have never seen before and I am nervous she will want to touch my feet! I am truly fearful.
      I hope yours goes well, too.
      If you stay up all night, how do you make appointments?

      Delete
    2. Linda! You've got to know that a podiatrist--an MD who specializes in feet--is gonna touch your feet for sure. How the heck else is she going to help you?

      Delete
    3. I know! I am still afraid. Long backstory.

      Delete
  2. I posted an Elvis tribute Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the Elvis news. Sad day. There were many specials on TV here, for the past week about him.
    I guess that would just be normal for me to assume 15 minutes earlier than the appointment. I always get any where I go at least 15 minutes early - that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      There was nothing that I saw. I was driving up to the pool at the same time as my best friend. She and I got out of the car carrying our two-year-olds. When I told her, we both had a tear come. Later, we bawled.
      So, now this means you have to get there 30-minutes early!

      Delete
  4. The trade secret is many patients arrive for their 10AM appointment at 10AM-1015AM; this is the main reason why doctors get behind viz. patients not being on time. So, many places ask patients to show early to give them time for traffic,getting lost along the way, slowness to get into the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      They say it is too get paperword done early, but one day I only had to tap twice on the screen. But, thanks for the real reason.

      Delete
    2. Urspo,
      They say it is too get paperword done early, but one day I only had to tap twice on the screen. But, thanks for the real reason.

      Delete
  5. I wasn't moved by the death of Elvis. I wasn't much of a fan, though I knew his contribution was pivotal to Rock and Roll. John Lennon's death, however? That shook me to the core.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I was horrified at Lennon's death, but not crushed and shaken like I was when Elvis died. But, we are different ages.

      Delete
  6. Elvis. Meh. Not my jam, not my generation.
    I felt much worse about Amy Winehouse passing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: I don't care if doctor's ask for a 15-minute early arrival for paperwork. It is their way of trying to keep appts. moving and on time. I can't blame them. I KNOW there will always be waiting at a dr's office, so I come prepared. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give me a huge piece of paper with the appt time. Or, over the phone I get the time. THEN, I get a text saying come early. Well, I have written down the original time. It screws up my memory and written record. I am not objecting to waiting. Well, not in this context. Just let me know and I will be there.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...