Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Is this a good idea?

 

When I first saw this three-section lasagna pan, I could only think of the times I wanted to leave something out of a portion of a meal when children did not care for one of the ingredients. 

Now, I am thinking of how I could put three different meals in one pan! I could have dinner for several nights cooked all at once. It seems each section could hold a meal for three nights for the two of us, at least two nights. Three pound cakes? Or three different dishes for one meal.

This was on Wayfair, but it is also on Amazon for the same price--$17. I probably won't get one, but it would have been a good idea once upon a time. 

Tuesday, we have done practically nothing, but it is fine by me. Well, Tommy did wash the two rugs from the bathroom and I hung them over my walker inside. I made slaw and baked beans. 

When I was ready to make the slaw, I could not find it, nor could Tommy. He finally went to the car. So, the slaw mix sat in the car for four hours. ugh When I made it, we had warm slaw. 

Tonight, we are having hot dogs and chili sauce with shredded cheese on top, baked beans, slaw. I managed to get the slaw too bland and the baked beans too spicy. I have no idea why I put so much Worcestershire in the beans. It is so bad that it gave me a terrific earache! Even "the little hanging down part," as Chester says, hurts and all the way to my eardrum. So, I wonder if Tommy can stand it.

Tommy said baked beans was too strong. I could put more beans in it. Well, he did eat some. He said the slaw was good. Said he even had seconds of slaw and baked beans. 

Not much here! How did your day go? Any foods sort of messed up at your house? Have you ever owned a three-section baking pan?



14 comments:

  1. I could see the pan working for many things. I wouldn't pay that price but if I received one, I would probably use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to cook three different meals at once, couldn't you just use three cake pans or loaf pans? I guess you could make brownies in it if you like edges (which I don't).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie,
      Since I won't be cooking three anythings at once, it is sort of useless. In theory, it's great. I do like the edges, but that's a lot of brownies.

      Delete
  3. I thought about 3 loaves of bread... 3 different cakes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that pan is a great idea. You could do meat loaf, then a potato dish and a veggie in one pan, or three meat loaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      That was sort of what I thought it might be ideal to cook. You could use it more than I...lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh I think that 3 section baking pan is a good idea!. Even for the two of you.. You could make 3 meatloaves and freeze two of them for other nights dinners, etc. I think it would be a good idea for batch cooking.... Your dinner did sound delicious. Sorry that the beans were so spicy though... We had such a busy day today that I am sitting here tonight and my brains feel like pea soup but I wanted to stop by and see what you were up too. I hope you're having a nice relaxing night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      I see so many advantages to this pan. But, I won't be spending money on it. You know I like batch cooking! Dinner was great. I had a hard day today, and my brains feel like pea soup, too. Yes, I am relaxing and will heat leftovers. Maybe your brain will recover, mine, too.

      Delete
  6. I would not bother with this pan, as I see no advantages to it. Because there's a whole line of cooking that mimics that 3-slot pan. It's called "sheet pan" meals and there are thousands of recipes out there! You line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment, and cook your protein and veggies on the same sheet pan. Sometimes you add an item, bake it for a bit, then add the next. But it all goes on one lined pan, which makes cleanup a breeze. Here's one version of my fam's favorite meal: Sheet pan Mongolian Beef:
    https://www.tastemade.com/recipes/mongolian-beef-sheet-tray-dinner

    So yeah, that pan's not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue.
      If someone gave me the pan, I would use it, but Tommy would clean it! I like it, but a sheet pan will do the same thing and not such a mess. Thanks for the recipe.

      Delete
  7. I'd see the point for three of same item for different tastes, or to make surplus freezable meals. But, time and temp needs to be the same, so I can't imagine using for a full meal that cook at different methods. It's cute and seems like a good idea in theory but just more stuff to have. I remember the brownie pans with the insert to get perfectly sized brownies. It just added clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      It does seem like a good idea until I thought about all the negatives. There are many pros, too. I just thought it would take a lot of washing for the brownie pan to make individual brownies.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...