Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Amazon Delivery


Amazon certainly is making it more difficult to shop, especially to return items. I ordered the Lenox Butterfly Meadow dinnerware above with rewards from the last three years. I love this pattern. This will be our new dinnerware. I had a dozen of the salad/accent plates I used for anything less than a full meal, mostly when I had company or for a sandwich for me. Of course, as you may have guessed, they are gone. I would rather have bowls than mugs. I only use a mug or cup when I drink hot chocolate, about once a week for three months of the year. 

Each piece has a different flower and butterfly, and the name of the butterfly is on the bottom of the dish. There are several iterations of Butterfly Meadow--blue, hydrangea, and a Christmas set. This also comes in melamine and paper goods. 

A second thrift store had turned up nothing in the dinnerware area. 

As I pulled out the last box from the larger box, I heard tinkling. All six salad plates and all six mugs were fine. So were the first five dinner plates! The last dinner plate was in several pieces plus shards and almost microscopic pieces. I spent time picking tiny shards from my blouse, pants, arms, the quilt on my chair. I felt where I could not see. 

One piece was exactly between my legs on the quilt. Tommy helped by guiding/telling me where there were tiny white specks on my blouse. The sun was shining on me. I could see sparkles where I could not see a piece of white or color. I tried to pick the sparkles from me. 

Finally, I took the quilt to shake in the yard. I could see lots of tiny pieces, smaller than a flea. Then, I had to open the plate box completely and shake more tiny shards into the trash. Tommy took the quilt to the washing machine. He will have to go out after dark to dry it. 


THEN, I managed to call Amazon and talked to a woman in India. When I got her to slow down, I could understand her just fine. I am getting an Amazon promo. Now, to find a place to buy one piece. The Monarch Butterly plate was the one that broke. I know about replacements.com, but that site is not cheap or even reasonable some of the time. 

Tommy found a card and asked me if it were important. Yes, that is the warranty. So, I have that if I break another piece. It is 50% off to replace anything broken.

I had ordered four pair of leggings from Amazon that were advertised as "long" but were still six inches above my ankles. I got those returned without a great deal of hassle today with the same person. The Amazon return policy is getting stiffer. 

Online, where delivery instructions are located, I requested the deliveries be placed on the left side of the door. The box was there! Good job. 

Today was cold and windy, so when we left the house to make returns and buy more milk, I put on the lightest jacket I have. It was too warm. So, about 11 am when we went out, I was the only person in the parking lot with short sleeves. It is going down to freezing tomorrow, so I will dig out a sweater when we go out. The wind blew the car door closed on Tommy's hand and left a huge blood blister, so it still hurts! The wind was brisk!

Today, I got none of my calls made. So, I am rolling that to tomorrow. And, I did not nap at all, not that no nap is a loss since I was not sleepy. 

All my plants have plastic bags covering them. Tommy will be up early enough to remove them tomorrow. Only the succulent is not covered. 

Tonight, I put two large burgers in a skillet and turned it on. Tommy went in the kitchen to make his salad, so I asked him to turn it down a tad. Well, he turned it up, left the kitchen and the burgers burned to a crisp! Ack! Not good and not healthy. We each had a hearty salad--romaine, tomato, pickled beets, onions, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers. Well, I did not have all that. I had feta, tomato and pecans on my romaine. If there are cut up vegetables in the refrigerator, he loads them onto his salad. 

This was a good day with pretty weather, not too cold, and I felt well. The new dishes are in the dishwasher, so I need to finish loading it and get the butterflies on the shelf. Bits and pieces are decluttered every day. I hope to see more clear floors, drawers, and tables soon.

Besides baking chicken and vegetables, I am going to make taco soup, and cook a pot of beans. 

Is it freezing at your house? Had a frost? Did you have anything to cover to protect from a frost or freeze? 

Have you noticed Amazon is tightening its belt and rules? 

Do you have a good winter meal planned?

19 comments:

  1. I recently read this article about Amazon returns
    https://www.algrim.co/2932-amazon-too-many-returns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I have read similar things. It is too bad that people return so much.

      Delete
  2. Your new dishes are so pretty. Nothing went as planned today, so we had McDonald's burgers for dinner. I just had a burger. I don't like their french fries at all.
    It was so cold here last night that the furnace ran a lot and made the air so dry I woke up with my eyes dried up (it felt that way anyway), my lips chapped, and my nose stuffy, and my tongue shriveled. It was dry as a desert in here. So then I spent quite a long time calling various furnace repair places so that we can get our full house humidifier repaired. There was a long waiting time because there were so many people trying to get their furnaces repaired. I guess we were actually lucky that it was our humidifier not working instead of our furnace.

    I am still awake this morning. I am having a hard time settling down for sleep because I am nervous about our little Fritzi Pom being spayed this morning. She only weighs 5 lbs and is so little. She won't have to wear one of those cone things on her neck. Our vet has little outfits kind of like a onesie for babies that keeps the dog from chewing at its stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie I'm sure your little Pom will be okay. The vet spays tiny critters all the time. We had a pink onesie for my daughter's black kitten when she got spayed--she looked ADORABLE in it. Be prepared to take lots of pics of your Fritzie cause she will look impossibly cute in a onesie!

      Delete
    2. Linda, your dishes are gorgeous!! I would be so happy eating/drinking from those every day! I'm sorry a plate arrived broken--which butterly did it have on it?

      As I mentioned, we can do Amazon returns via Kohls, so there is no hassle. I think Amazon is looking to crack down on folks who game the system, not on people who end up with broken items in their deliveries. I wouldn't worry.

      Clothes especially are an item that Amazon should expect a high rate of return on. I have tried to purchase clothes from Amazon and fit is always an issue. And I refuse to keep anything that doesn't fit right. Amazon can just suck it up or stop selling clothes.

      I don't know what to make for dinner. Last night was meatloaf, hasselbeck potatoes, and stir-fried snow peas. Tonight could be chicken noodle soup for all I care. I went on a lunchtime rampage and ate everything in sight and now I feel like a snake that won't eat for a week. Blurgh!

      Delete
    3. Sue,
      I will enjoy. Thanks. It had the Monarch.

      Delete
    4. Sue,
      I have never gotten anything from Amazon that fit! I refuse to keep leggings that I bought two sizes too large and they are still too short! I doubt that I will ever buy clothing on Amazon again.

      One night, I ate too much at dinner and all night long. I was not hungry even at dinner the next night. Leftovers are on the menu tonight.

      Delete
    5. Susie,
      I replied to this early in the morning. But, when I hit "publish" it did not and I was out of time. I hope you weren't too nervous Until she was back in your arms.

      A dry house is miserable. I get ill when the house is too dry. I hope the humidifier is fixed soon.

      A onesie should be more comfortable than a cone. I didn't know there was any such thing. Let me know how she is.

      Delete
  3. so you take from food banks but can afford lennox china? nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BR,
      Don't be an ass! These only cost me the credits I acquired from purchases, and these were on sale.

      Delete
    2. The dishes were FREE, BR. Your reading comprehension stinks!

      Delete
  4. My pattern is "Midnight Blossoms" by Lenox. Well, one of my patterns, the one we are currently using. I have several other full sets of Pfaltzgraff bought at thrift shops. I see Butterfly Meadow at the thrift shops frequently. It's beautiful--I would have probably picked it, but it wasn't out while I was choosing every day dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Your pattern is very pretty. I could be happy with "Midnight Blossoms." I have not seen Butterfly Meadow at any thrift stores, but if I see them, I will get other pieces.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty dishes ! Amazon returns seem so easy if you do it via their website and take the returns to a specified return place such as UPS store. I orderd and received some plates and one was broken. After going to the website and entering information I had a replacement plate in two days and was told to just throw the broken one away. I do think people are returning so much more these days Many just because of a change of mind. I wasn't brought up to return things for that reason. Returns end up raising prices for everyone. Better to think it out in advance and only return defective merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      I did go to website and said the order was damaged. They called and this was the solution.

      Delete
  6. YEs it is hard sometimes to get things that are breakable. But I love those dishes, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...