Monday, October 17, 2022

Boring Day in Retelling and Dreamworld Coke

Good news! My friend received her $3,000 bonus she was depending on. This is the main reason she has not made waves at her daycare job. Yes, she is afraid she is the troublemaker here. 

We tackled the list again today. There was still no a2milk 2%, so I bought four half-gallons of my milk and a gallon jug of his. 

Several days ago I saw a cryptogram book and decided we should try those for brain exercise. Well, no way was I going to exhaust my brain trying to figure these. Tommy took it willingly and decided he did not want to try those either! So, I took that back to Publix. 

While in Publix, I bought the toothpaste I needed. When I got home, I had bought a tube of Colgate. I am fit to be tied. 

The SAS shoes went back. If the wider pair are not okay, I will just get another pair of sandals. That was an arduous trip. 

Sunday night, I did not sleep one minute. When I awoke, I took my pill for my stomach and then immediately started eating. Well, my stomach hurt when I went to bed, so that caused me not to sleep.  We left for chores with my stomach and chest burning, feeling like throwing up. So, a trip to the drugstore for something to drink for my stomach pain was necessary. 

We drove around and purloined a pink bag of grocery ads. There is lots on sale but not much we need or want this next week. Some houses have multiple bags out, left there for weeks, so we try to go to those since they never pick them up to use or even to throw away. 

We spent from 1 pm until about 4 pm out of the house. I was exhausted and slept from 5 pm until 7:20. I only had chicken breast, one Lindt truffle, and applesauce. Tommy can get chicken and whatever for himself since he can decide. No, I will maybe eat a vegetable!

Unfortunately, on Tuesday, we will go out to finish the list. I have things from a store to return. Plus, I will probably get two more half-gallons of a2milk. I am quite sure the date on the milk will be sometime in December. The four I bought have a date of 11-27-22. 

After buying milk and making the one return, all our chores are in the house, thankfully. 

It is supposed to have a frost or freeze and I am not sure if geraniums and chrysanthemums will make it uncovered. I suppose the pansies will survive. Now that the weather is not so hot, the geraniums are putting out blooms. I certainly want to keep those around! 

A church member who was around helping with the youth when he was young, has died. She was in her 90s. I had a box of sympathy cards ready for him to choose one. These are made in the USA and cost around 50 cents each. He was astounded at the price of a box of cards when a neighbor died. After all, he only needed one card.  Now, he is happy to just pick a card out of a box and not have to go buy a card. 

We always try the new Coke flavor. The newest is Dreamworld. I gagged. Tommy said it tasted like Coke and Grapico and drank it. 

Tuesday, I will bake the chicken and vegetables. I do need to find the ghosts to hang in the tree. 

We like drama-free days! 

Tommy is watching Quantum Leam. I loved this show when Scott Bakula starred. Now, it is just boring. Do you like this drama? Did you prefer it with Bakula?

Have you tried Dreamworld Coke? Did you like it? 

Has first frost come early where you live?


12 comments:

  1. I have never seen Quantum Leap. DreamWorld Coke wasn't awful to me when I tried it. I only had a few sips as I'm not supposed to have caffiene. My hubby liked it. We had one morning of Frost last week. However, we did have snow showers yesterday and are supposed to have snow showers today as well which is early for where we are in Ohio. Nothing stuck but still it is early....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      The old Quantum Leap was better than the new one. But, maybe it was Scott Bakula I liked. I had a few sips too because of the caffeine. I am shocked at the frost so early and amazed it would snow.

      Delete
  2. We are supposed to have frost here near St. Louis tonight. It's cold out tonight.

    I watched the new Quantum Leap a couple of weeks ago or so, I thought it was pretty good, anything is better than all of the talent shows to me. I did like the old Scott Bakula ones better, though. Scott Bakula is from the suburbs of St Louis.

    Dreamworld Coke--kind of an interesting name for a product that a lot of adults drink. My husband drags the soda home here. He never mentioned any Dreamworld Coke. Is it caffeine free, I wonder? I can't believe how many of the orange soda brands have caffeine in them. I would think it would mostly be kids that have Orange soda if they have it at all. I can't drink any caffeine at all. When we go to restaurants (very seldomly) I take my own sugar free, caffeine free bottle or can of soda along. Usually restaurant tea is iffy tasting to me, and I have no way to know if someone might slip me a caffeine soda / tea and cause my afib to start to percolate. No thanks to that.

    Our day will be ick on Tuesday. Car Emission Control Evaluation, so my husband has to be at the inspection place by 8 or 830 am. He got to bed late tonight, and it is 4:20 am and I am still awake. So I will be wakened when the pup throws a barking fit when my husband leaves to go take the car for inspection. We will both be tired and cranky most likely by late afternoon. Plus we will have to deal with a hungry, whiney, little dog, because she can't eat for a certain number of hours before her spaying on Wednesday.

    Today I had another day and night of waiting for the doctor or his nurse to call me back. I waited all day and all evening to hear from someone about what medicine I should start taking. This is getting old , I am about ready to pitch a fit about this poor service. My bills from them are always paid by our insurance and Medicare, so I don't owe them money. I don't know why they don't do call backs that they say they will do. I'd move along to another doctor except this doctor is excellent, if one can get through to him, plus, he is within 15 minutes of our house. My blood pressure has suddenly gone high and the medicine isn't working yet, but I can't get through to him. Will probably call my cardiologist, but I know that leads to goo gobs of testing, but that is better than waiting around and not having calls returned by other doctor until I'm in a casket. Cardiologist's office calls me back within 15 minutes whenever they say they will call me back. I don't know what set off my blood pressure, but I have been under very good control with the same acceptable numbers for years now. Primary doctor doubled my dose of blood pressure medicine and it hasn't started working yet and they won't call me back.

    Chicken and vegetables sound good on this cold night. If I feel well enough tomorrow, I think I will make some chicken and noodles with
    some oven roasted carrots for me to eat to go with the chicken and noodles. They will be tasty the first night and twice as tasty the second time we have it.

    Have an enjoyable adventurous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Every time I try to reply to you, somehow I mess up! I know how your puppy feels. I whine, too. We have no inspections for cars, and you can tell it by the rattletraps on the road.

      I have a doctor that is hard to get refills called in, never answers questions. Drives me crazy! I cannot imagine why blood pressure would go up all of a sudden. I hope you get this figured out soon. Yep, when you are dead, it will be too late!
      Leftovers are so wonderful. But, some people just don't like them, and I don't understand. I did not know it took time for bp med to kick in. That is shocking to me.

      Delete
  3. I love the original QL (and Scott Bakula) and we just bought the whole series on Apple TV so we can re-watch it over and over. I have never seen the new version and don't plan to.

    I'm glad your friend got the bonus. It's the least they could do for her, given what she's been through.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sassybear,
      I missed QL when it ended long ago. This new one is nothing to me. Tommy loves it so I read.

      This is a government program to bring in quality childcare workers. I question these programs. She can now apply to a large hospital bill.

      Delete
  4. I don't drink soda regularly, save the odd Diet Coke order when a kid runs through "Macca's" as they call it. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the cryptograms. I don't do them regularly, but I DO enjoy the Dell Puzzles "Variety Puzzle" magazines, which always have a few cryptograms in them. The Variety Puzzle magazines are great, because I can choose the type of puzzle to suit my mood and mental energy, as opposed to only having a book full of, say, crossword puzzles. I keep one in the nightstand by my bed. I also love Jumbles. I ordered a pack of backdated Jumble magazines for my birthday, and I'm really enjoying them. I've always liked word games--sudoku and logic problems, though? Those I flip right past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      We bought this single Coke especially to try the flavor. Not good.
      Ha! That sounds like a good magazine. Is it in the magazine shelf in stores? I will look for that.
      I love crossword puzzles and logic. Logic is the best. But, sudoku is not something I would enjoy at all. Thanks for this tip. I will look for Variety today.
      Sometimes, I will start a crossword puzzle, get stuck, and hand it to Tommy. Usually, the stuck part is because I do not feel well.

      Delete

    2. Yes. I find them in the magazine section. Here's a link to the publisher so you can see what the cover looks like:
      https://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/products/variety/family-favorites-variety-puzzles/

      Delete
    3. Meg,
      I bought one today, but I need to know what the titles are. There were about six and I was confused and in too much of a rush to properly shop. Thanks.

      Delete
    4. Penny Press Variety Puzzles and games.they come out each season...I'm trying to copy a picture of one, but it won't paste!



      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...