Friday, October 28, 2022

Friday This and That

 When a person buys anything on Amazon, other customers have a chance to ask questions about the purchase you made. Well, I bought nail polish. A person wrote me, asking me--I have a three-year-old transgender child who is resistant to wearing nail polish. Okay, that was a statement. The question was about how to get this child to wear nail polish. !!! How bizarre!

I answered something to the effect that a person should not try to force wearing nail polish on any child and especially not a child that young. That is the way I remember my response, but I was not about to help someone convince a child of any age to wear nail polish.

If you buy from Amazon, have you had bizarre questions asked about products you bought? Can a person determine a child is definitely transgender at three, an age where children play at different things with no respect as to whether the play is a "girl" or a "boy" activity? I don't believe so. Besides, the only two gender specific activities are breast feeding and sperm donor. 

Friday morning

Thursday night, I could not sleep, so here I am awake at 5:30 am, Friday morning, typing. I went to the kitchen and washed my new plates quietly about 4 am. Then, I tried to finish unloading the dishwasher quietly, but did not succeed in being very quiet. Hopefully, Tommy was not disturbed. 

Since I received my new dishes, I have been eating off the same plate and washing it afterwards for the next meal. Tommy refuses to use anything except a paper plate that is sagging in the middle with food about to bend it in half. sigh I suppose I could survive with one plate. While I am washing the plate, I wash the utensils I used, too. I suppose I could survive with lots less than I think I need.  Of course, this life is about more than just surviving. But, as I wash my plate I just used, I do think about things like this. 

Friday afternoon and evening~~

Today, we went out once, and then went to give Lynda food from the food giveaway. While we were out, we cruised the subdivision looking at Halloween decorations. Some we recognize from last year. I still have not gotten our ghosts to hang in the tree from their hiding place. 

We saw people in the parking lot at the park and something was happening. We went to talk with them. It was games for Halloween and a Trunk or Treat event for 7 pm. They gave us candy and we left. I would have like to have seen the games, but I was too tired. 

This afternoon, I put 24 ounces of carrots sticks and baby carrots into the crock pot with a pint of chicken broth from the last chicken. Later, I added the last few potatoes, diced. Tommy wanted to know how long the potatoes would take to be done. This was 15 minutes after I put them into the crockpot. So, I had him take out potatoes and microwave them. He had carrots, too. 

This is the beginning of carrot-heavy soup.... lol. I need to put onions and celery in the pot, not sure what else. Maybe I will add a couple of cans of tomatoes and herbs.

For dinner tonight, I had diced chicken breast, diced tomato, diced cheese, all with a bit of Miracle Whip stirred in. Tommy had chicken breast, potatoes, carrots, and a slice of pita bread. He just ate the bread because he likes it and put nothing in it. I had lots of Romaine and feta in the huge salad I ate before I took my afternoon nap. 

For fruit, I had a tiny Halo, 2 figs, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 apple. I would have eaten the whole banana and whole apple, but I cannot eat much fiber. I think I am going to have a cookie. 

Friday has been uneventful. I hesitate to say boring. 

What are your thoughts on the person trying to convince a transgender 3-yr-old to wear nail polish? 

12 comments:

  1. That question doesn't sound sincere to me and I would not have responded to it. I do think maybe the writer of the question and the child possibly should contact a therapist for an opinion of what would be best for the question writer to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Of course, you are right. But, anyone that weird would never contact a professional, just a random woman who bought nail polish.

      Delete
  2. I don’t think anyone can know if a three year old child is transgender or not. And they’ve nuts to try and put nail Polish on any 3 year old who doesn’t want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Isn't that the truth, like trying to stuff a cat in a sack.

      Delete
    2. I think the question is a fake, BUT, I will tell you that a three year old child is more than capable of knowing if they have been assigned the wrong gender. And, personally, beyond a (broad) definition of appropriateness for activity (ie: long pants/sleeves to pick blackberries) I don't believe in forcing a kid to wear anything they don't want.

      Delete
    3. Meg,
      Well, I suppose I am guilty of making a child wear what the child did not want to wear occasionally. I doubt I damaged my child. But, this was not ongoing.

      Delete
  3. No - I do not believe a child of 3 could possibly know something like that. They are still babies. Sounds like a very 'challenged' adult looking for attention. I would have ignored completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      That was my first thought as this alarmed me. However, I was hopeful a word would cause him to not pressure the child. I think this person saw a baby doing something he thought of as girly and wanted to push this agenda and be known as parent of transgender child.

      Delete
    2. I know a boy who has been considered a girl since he was 3. He even has a name change. I think it's ridiculous, but his mother can't be reasoned with. His father was a sperm donor. I hope they don't do anything surgical before he's old enough to have some say over the matter. As for Amazon someone asked me if a certain cold tablet had lactose in it. I told her to call the company who made it and ask.

      Delete
    3. Carole,
      I don't know enough about it, but I do believe children are aware of what they feel. Someone asked me what the ingredients in a product was. I was annoyed because all that is in the info for purchasing the product. I don't remember if I even answered the question. I thought the person must be lonely or need a pen pal, even if for just one question.

      Delete
  4. That question sounds like someone was having fun being a jerk. Lot of those people around these days, unfortunately.

    I miss the days without social media. When the only way you could broadcast your dumbass ideas was to do so on a street corner, standing on a soapbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I sort of thought it was fake, but had to answer in case someone was trying to force nail polish on a child of any persuasion.
      Some days, social media is a pain. It is too easy to be annoying and anonymous.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...