Monday, October 24, 2022

Slow Monday

 Today, we resolved the problem causing me such trauma. I will have to relate that tomorrow. But, money was returned to Tommy's credit card and we have washed our hands of the business. I think!

We found someone to get the tablet ready to use. But, then we did not have the tablet, nor could we find it. Finally, I found it, but that will be done Wednesday and at no cost to us, thankfully. 

Verizon helped us with some phone issues. 

My cell phone costs are being cut in half by changing companies. 

Really, nothing much has happened today. I did not get to sleep until 8 am and awoke at 11:30 and have not taken a nap. That makes me dizzy.

At 7 pm, Lynda called, and we went down to see her witch. She found a witch hat, so I\it no longer looked like a nun. She had bought lights at Dollar Tree and was very disappointed that three sets did not work. So, her Halloween display is not ready yet. 

I need to start wearing my spider ring! It is almost Halloween. Instead of buying any jewelry for holidays before the holiday, I wait until after when there is a sale. Then I might wait for the prices to drop again. "Clearance" is my favorite way of buying.

Since Antiques Roadshow is on, I am late eating dinner, leftover, frozen taco soup. 

We are expecting stormy weather on Tuesday, so we will absolutely stay in during the afternoon. There is one thing to do in the morning, but that will still allow us to be back by noon or so. 

The kitchen counter is getting clearer. At one point, I had a wedge that was less than one foot at the front of the counter, extending to about two inches at the back of the counter along the edge of the sink to work! Now, the triangle along the edge of the sink it about 18 inches at the front of the counter to about one foot at the back of the counter. It is hard to work with no room! 

How is your decluttering coming along? 

The weather overall is quite nice. We have to use the ac in house and car. Occasionally, we need the heat on in house and car to chase the damp or chill away. Is your ac off for good? 


9 comments:

  1. My bfast counter is staying decent. The dining table needs the books off it. But since I am still canning, freezing and dehydrating, it's not going to get done LOL... I hate it when I can't go to sleep or stay asleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      You are working when canning, freezing, and dehydrating, so I can see a few things sliding, not a problem. I went to bed at midnight and am awake. Since four am I have not gotten a bit of sleep, so decided to just get up.

      Delete
    2. Sleep is so hard sometimes -I do just get up sometimes. The other night though I was blessed with 10 hours sleep..it was heavenly.

      Delete
  2. It's been intermittent heating with a stint of the air conditioner. The weather hasn't decided what it wants to do yet. Be 32 degrees or 79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McV,
      Same here! I am going to wear out my sweater taking it on and off!

      Delete
  3. Halloween is almost here, and our shops have been full of interesting things to buy. The grandchildren are going to the local pumpkin patch to pick their own, they are getting excited ... it is nice to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Stores have an amazing array of Halloween items here, too. It is fun just looking. Kids are fun to watch when they get so excited.

      Delete
  4. Taco soup is pretty much unknown here but I heard about it through blogs and got a recipe online. It's fabulous, the best soup I've ever had.
    I hope you get some sleep, it's awful to be so tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      What I make started out as taco casserole, but I cooked it in the crockpot and did not put so much rice, hence taco soup. It is good you are enamored of taco soup.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...