Sunday, October 23, 2022

Bugs on My Plates, More Chores Out, Witch Burning

I washed one small plate from my new set and ate off it several times. Each time I was a little horrified at the bug that had gotten onto my plate. I have had ladybugs in my freezer, food, skillets of food, and everywhere else in some years in my other house. But, there have been no ladybugs in this house. Everytime I startle, I realize it is a ladybug in the pattern! Finally, I check all the plates. The salad plates ALL have a ladybug in the pattern. None of the dinner plates have a ladybug. 

We headed out for a few local and short chores.

Yes, Dollar Tree items are higher! I went there looking for two things, did not find them, but found other items to buy. I was looking for a witch hat for Lynda, a bunch of fall leaves, and something else. Everything I did purchase was $1.25--construction paper, cupcake papers, three small notebooks, package of two potholders. 

I needed green and red construction paper. The package had one green sheet. The three small notebooks are for the Pink Purse Project to put in three purses. The potholders were pretty and very cheap. Even expensive potholders may be ugly or not sturdy. We are rough on potholders. When I went in DT that has no electric carts, I stayed right up front where Christmas is quickly replacing Halloween, and one trip halfway down one aisle to get the construction paper! There were some pretty and cheap Thanksgiving dinner plates up front and other accessories, but not for me now. The plates were autumn leaves, so okay for all of fall. 

We wanted to see the yard in another neighborhood decorated with a 10 or 12-foot skeleton. It was not out. None of the yard was decorated. Are they going to do it before Halloween? 

I used the last cooking bag so got three more boxes. If they are cheaper on Amazon, I will buy there. 

The tablet needs to be set up. Could find no one to do that. I looked at the directions and feel inadequate. 

We sat in the park and ate a small cup of ice cream and watched the world...lol. 

Right now, Tommy is setting up two squashes given us. He drew a face on a butternut squash and is take in little decorative squash Lynda gave me to put in another flowerpot. 

There is a little ratty iron wire table in front of the house where we placed the one we bought yesterday. The new one is putty with glass top. The wire one will be sprayed white and put on the porch in place of the one there now, that I paid $3 and think it is ugly and falling down. Spray paint is the most I do now so it has gotten no attention. I cannot make anything better like I could before. The one on the porch will go on the curb! 

The Tupperware sits unwashed, so I need to get on that. 

My crow needs to replace the bluebird on the porch or rather, on the shepherd's hook in front of the porch. 

There are so many little piddly things to do today. Nothing is large, heavy or earthshattering, just little things. 

Along with those, I want to make meatloaf and chopped burger meat. Tommy really likes it on salads or just with his vegetables. Plus, he does not eat as much as he would eating a hamburger. 

Hummingbird feeders need to come in. 

On Saturday Lynda was outdoors when I called. She was making a witch to look like it was burning at the stake. She said she had witch legs, black cloth, and a milk jug for a head. She has looked everywhere for a witch hat with no luck. She said she put black cloth over the milk jug head and now it looks like she is burning a nun! I almost choked I laughed so hard. Today, we drove by. Yes, it does look like a nun! I need to go look in my Halloween stuff and find a witch hat before the priests come and march in front of her house. 

We are drawing on gourds and she is burning a nun. I have to go now! 

Any hilarity happening at your house? More decorating? Cooking?


10 comments:

  1. We took a fall drive and stopped by a Dollar Tree at a small town we drove thru, It was closed. Then we saw the sign said it was shut Sundays. Maybe lack of staff? I have noticed that lately at some stores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is surprising. There is always a lack of staff at DT, so I suppose it got much worse. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Not many people are doing a lot of decorating for Halloween. Many people have a lot of pretty pumpkins out on their porches with mums, it looks pretty. Probably when I am out and about this week there will be a lot of Halloween decorations in people's yards.. There are a couple of two story houses that have really tall and big skeletons, they may be taller than 12 feet because they are on the tall end of the house and they are tall by comparison. To me they are really scary. They are attached to the houses someway. I hope none of them come loose and start blowing around the neighborhood.

    Maybe some of the stores don't have the products they used to because of all of the shipping problems from other countries.
    I doubt if I will put any Mums or pumpkins out this year, the flower beds still need to be cleaned up here. My zinnias are dead early this year, so they still need to be cleaned up. I would like to plant some big daffodils or tulips in some of my planter box to see them come up in spring.
    Have a nice evening tonight and a fun day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      The best house decoration around two years ago are missing this year. The blowup decorations seem to be taking over here. Can you imagine one of those skeletons blowing around really eerie?

      Yes, shipping problems are most likely the cause. What do stores do with Halloween items the day after Halloween? We have two pumpkins and a butternut squash out. We only bought one pumpkin, though. We bought one mum and I got two others for my birthday. Try planting purple tulips with the daffodils. The combination is beautiful.
      Thanks. Tomorrow will be good, no doubt.

      Delete
  3. Last night I made gingerbread ghost cookies, but got too tired to frost them, that's tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neighborhood is very decorated for Halloween, but it almost always is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It seems more people decorate every day around here. I remember you said that your neighborhood decorates.

      Delete
  5. Well, I am making Halloween cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Oooh, I want one. Will your grandson decorate these?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...