Monday, January 16, 2023

A Day to Do Nothing

                                                                Would you recognize him? 


                                                                       Milburne Stone

After a hard day of watching someone cleaning, it is difficult for me the next day. I was on my feet more, sitting on my walker seat more, and stressed more on Sunday. After she left, we got the dishes in the dishwasher, so a bit more effort during the day. I did take a nap, but naps are no longer refreshing. I wake less exhausted, that's all. 

It seems today I mostly sat. We did go looking for a pink bag of ads and coupons. There were none, so that means I have to make a list from ads on the internet. 

I have, however, done a tiny bit of decluttering.  tiny  But, any decluttering is better than nothing. The table to my left seems to gather things. I have no idea how...lol. 

My car is finally back in the carport. It has been out since Tommy got hit. Then, when I put it back the other day, it was in wrong, so it needed to be changed. I have to put the car near the brick wall on the right so I can get out without feeling I might fall two feet to ground.  Plus, it must be parked where I don't hit the carport support and ruin the door finish. And, he needs to be able to push his walker beside it to washer in utility room to the front of the car. He said he can get by on the brick side. Well, that involves scraping my car! So, NO. 

In my optimistic head, I planned to call UHC today, but did not. I also needed to get new cell service. Did not. I should have put paper in the newly cleaned out drawers and I should have looked for my pink blanket. There is always tomorrow. I really was truly tired today since I need recovery days. 

Wow, it will be 70F here Tuesday and 72F on Wednesday. Tonight or tomorrow, I need to find my pink fuzzy blanket and Tommy needs to sort the items she took from his dresser drawers. 

In Tommy's sorting of his books, he is getting rid of five huge books, tomes (large and oversized), all about the Civil War. I absolutely did not encourage getting rid of these scholarly books. I will keep one as I need to know more about the subject. 

Dinner: baked chicken breasts and thighs, potatoes, and carrots. I will have an apple later. Dinner was delicious. Tommy added a chunk of bread to his plate. The chicken was very tough, but it was 195F inside, so I suppose it was safe to eat. Now is the time I wish for a pressure cooker. I will put the chicken back in the oven sans cooking bag and cook it more. I had four chicken breasts that weighed over five pounds for the pack. 

One chicken breast must have been nearly two pounds. Of course, I mean one side or half of the breast. I wonder how miserable that hen was before it was slaughtered. 

Okay, now I must put all the food away in freezer or refrigerator.

Is your energy at a level that causes you to need to rest after any exertion?  Does a portion of a day out of the house and in the car or at a doctor's office make you need two or three days to recover? 



12 comments:

  1. I've been offline again for a few days because I believe I was yet again trying to do too much. Declutter a whole house, have workmen in and then keep up with the other day-to-day stuff and the grandson so yes, I very much agree my energy levels come and go. Mind you, if I went to bed earlier that would probably help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I do understand the going to bed earlier part. Of course, if I go to bed earlier, that is no guarantee I will sleep

      Delete
  2. I corrected the recipe, it only needs 2 eggs not 4. It is make out of cake mix, you don't need any cookies added in it. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill,
      I want to make this recipe as it looks and sounds delicious. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I like for my car to be parked a certain way too, so I can get in and out easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner of baked chicken breasts and thighs sounds good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the chicken was "very tough" why would you put it back in the oven and cook it some more? At 195 degrees, the chicken was not only done it was overcooked. Chicken breasts (boneless or not) are done at 155 degrees, and therefore safe to eat.

    My dinner was riced cauliflower & sauteed pepper strips with beans and minced red onion over the top. Not gourmet, but I had such a craving for mustard baked beans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Okay, a pressure cooker would have tenderized it. But, the oven and moisture will take the tough away. It needed to be tender not tough.
      I never need gourmet. Good food is good food.

      Delete
  6. PS I'm not surprised you were so drained after the cleaning session. It is mentally EXHAUSTING to make all the keep/toss/donate decisions! Not to mention all the rearranging/repositioning decisions. It's like a house of cards--you declutter one area but it affects all the other areas as you try to properly rehome and regroup things.

    My husband likes to say he's "helping" me declutter the basement, but all he does it move stuff from a cluttered spaced to one of my hard-won open spaces! He just stacks the same crap in a different location, pushes it up against the wall and calls it progress.

    A sane person calls that "Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Just having to pay attention is draining! And, the decisions! Oh, I would be so upset to have someone move the clutter to a clean place!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...