Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Too Good to be True

 Since it is Wednesday, I barely remember Tuesday. But, it has nothing to do with my memory. It is because nothing happened Tuesday that was memorable. 

Tuesday dinner was even leftovers, delicious, but not very exciting, all leftovers--baked chicken, carrots, and potatoes along with leftover green beans, plus peas for Tommy. Later I had half an apple and a couple of cookies. So did Tommy.

Tuesday night, I made a chicken, MW, and cheese sandwich on keto bread for Wednesday breakfast, which I ate in the car as Tommy drove. I spent my time before leaving washing my hair. It dries on the trip up. 

Wednesday, we went for Cullman for a couple of reasons. There was a lunch that once was inside. Now, we pick it up--hamburger patty with gravy and mashed potatoes, green beans, small piece of buttered bread, and two cookies. 

When we got our dinners, we took two dinners to our 90+ friends. The woman was having physical therapy at home. They were very grateful. 

Sportsman's Lake was not open, so we ate at a little city park with all short bare, brown trees. 

At the PO, the only two pieces of mail were from United Health Care. I got a new card and tried to activate it. I was so upset because it could not be activated as it was an exact duplicate of the one that does not work, so the new one does not work, either. The woman told me my new card number that would work.  The manager at Publix figured out how to enter the number without the card. I tried it on a banana and it worked. I shopped otc in the pharmacy and it did not work! However, I did get the test banana for only 3 cents. 

We also went to the body shop, but the woman owner was on the way to take relatives to the airport. I suppose it was people who came to the grandmother's funeral this last weekend. I left a message we would be back in an hour. An hour later they still were not back. So, we will go back next week or the next. Thankfully, the car is fully drivable. 

That was our day in Cullman. When we got home, I took a nap. Is anyone surprised that I took a nap? 

For dinner tonight, we had a repeat of lunch--hamburger patty with gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. Later, I will have an apple and half a banana. I had strawberries sometime today.

Tonight, my goal is to order online from UHC. Wish me luck. Oh, I was chided today by the uhc lady who told me I got a replacement card, and the new card would be the card that worked, like this was all my fault. The card I got today had a huge scratch across the upc! Of course, I was not going to try to try to use it. 

That was our day, nothing much. We did miss an instapot demonstration! I did not know it was happening. 

I did make a decision yesterday--from now on when my milk is on sale, I will only buy three half-gallons instead of six. There is so much milk in the refrigerator that it was cluttered, and I could not find anything. The money saved is not worth the aggravation! It never goes bad, so no loss of milk occurs. 

What did you get done today? Anything new or exciting? Do you ever wash your hair and let it dry as you go somewhere?


15 comments:

  1. I always wash my hair go out with it wet. It's a terrible look but I do it anyway, blow drying just gives me a whole big floof.
    I'm at work, achieving lots of funny little odds and ends and we had a BBQ at lunch time, which is always a bit of a change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      If I dry mine, it is straight. I count on it drying rumpled to give me a bit of floof. I would be delighted with a "whole bit floof."
      BBQ for lunch sounds really good. Is this one of those things where there are leftovers to take home?

      Delete
  2. Not so exciting here, when to a follow up with the orthopedist. The MRI shows pinched nerves in the right and left sides of my neck. I already knew that Duh! Anyway, going back on steroids, anti inflammatory, muscle relaxers and being set up for PT/traction. They are going to call with PT places closer to home. I am just happy I will not have to drive as far for treatment. I go back to them in six weeks. They want me to continue the botox treatments for headaches as they keeps the muscle spasms under control. If that does not help we will have to try steroid injections in to them problem areas in my neck. They do not sound fun at all.

    Stopped at Walmart on the way home for a few pantry items to be stocked and fresh veggies, fruit. They were marking hams down but I had already got one cheaper at Aldi's so I have it broken down and in the freezer.

    Hair or the lack of it, keeps falling out. Doctor says for some of us ladies it is normal as we get older, also the hair we do have gets thin as it greys. I cut a few inches of myself a few weeks ago. I went by the ususal place I have my hair cut, they have sold to a guy, the only problem is, he has no other people working there yet. I just did feel comfortable.I think I will go to the beauty school about a mile away and let them cut it.

    There was a lady today at the doctor that had hers cut fairly short all over. Like the new pixie cut. Looks like the would be a good style for me, kind of like Cheryl's over at Frugal Corner. Her hair looks straight where I have some natural curl. I love hers so I think that would be good for me. Right now, I only wash mine every other day. If I am not going out, I don't blow dry, if I am, I will dry it. Once I cut it short like Cheryl's, I will just add some curl product and let it dry without the blow dryer. I did that cut many years ago and it was very easy to care for. I am just looking for a style that will prevent any more loss and be easy to care for. I gave up the coloring during the pandemic, more of the grey silver has come in. If it looks good after I cut it, I don't plan on coloring. It was never coloring in the salon, I just did it at home. I only did it in the salon a couple of times for special occasions, so no problem.

    Have a great day and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      That sounds like a really bad neck problem with the pain. I did not know this could be the reason for a migraine. Your recovery sounds like a long haul for you, good it is nearer home.
      My hair is getting finer than ever and white, not gray. So, I will keep coloring. Short hair is not my style at all. It does look good on some people. I am still looking for a salon! I may just cut mine one more time this week as it has been almost a year since I hacked on it. I have never had a salon coloring. Some day, maybe.
      I hope you received relief from your pain soon.

      Delete
    2. Texas I had unexplained, excessive hair loss until I started taking a bovine collagen supplement (a scoop of dry, unflavored powder) in my coffee each morning. I also take biotin supplements. The brand I use is sports research, type 1 & 3. I have since read that marine collagen is better absorbed by the body, but I am not messing with success.

      Delete
    3. I wonder how that will impact me since I am allergic to mammal products.

      Delete
    4. But Linda, how can you be allergic to mammal products and still eat pork?

      Regardless, sports research have a marine collagen peptide product that is derived from fish (barramundi and red snapper, to be specific) that the mammal-averse can buy.

      The only reason I mention sports research is because that brand works for me to prevent significant hair fallout. I can't attest to it helping regrow hair--but it keeps the hair I have on my head. And that's something.

      Delete
    5. Sue,
      I eat little pork or beef, mostly chicken. People with as many allergies as I have learn what is worst and what can be tolerated with as few adverse effects as possible. I am allergic to citrus, so I never have citrus in spring and summer when my grass/tree/flower/weeds allergens are rampant.
      I can understand trying to keep the status quo!

      Delete
  3. what do you get from UHC? I get otc meds and health care stuff. got some yesterday ..our first quarterly order--and I was really pleased with it. I love picking out things and getting them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I had to search for something I needed from the very limited online catalog. Right now, I cannot think of anything. One day, I will list things I consider ridiculous as opposed to things I need or want. One thing deemed a healthy food was shelf-stable Compleats, a meal with enough sodium in one meal for a whole day. I did get an oximeter but hated it was Equate brand.

      Delete
  4. I think I put my comment on the wrong day. my excuse: Just woke up 5 minutes ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have very long hair and would wash it and braid it and go to work. It took two days to dry!
    I'm sorry that you missed the instant pot demonstration. We use ours (and the air fryer) almost exclusively! Saves heating up the kitchen in the summer, clean up is a breeze and it's a true time saver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      My hair would get soured if I did that. But, I know people who do it and have wavy hair, a look I like.
      I am not sold on the intsant pot yet, but I could change my mind. It all sounds good to me.

      Delete
  6. For good or for bad, my hair dries quickly and that's that and no need to worry or wait.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...