Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Spiritual Goat

 


Isn't that the cutest goat above?

Today was low-key, waiting for things to happen. We had nowhere to go, but we need to get this car repair done. However, tomorrow, we do have things to do and we need his car!

I asked about the tire being damaged. The guy assured me that the tire had not been damaged by scrubbing on plastic. I said, "I don't believe that for a minute." and  "Can you give us that in writing so that when the tire fails, we can see you said it was not damaged?" Nothing I said was with attitude or hostility. So, he became very friendly and left that decision to the body shop. He left here about noon. It was weird that he was not smiling during the discussion until I made the one remark. Then, he smiled the rest of the visit and inspection and discussion. It was like all of a sudden, he wanted to be friendly. Strange. I was certainly not displaying anything with my voice or looks, just that one statement of disbelief.

Someone called about 2:30 and said she was emailing a list of body shops with whom the insurance company has a relationship. At 7 pm I have received nothing from the insurance company. I did check trash and spam folders. So, he has called to find out why no email. 

So, we wait.

Since I baked six bscb last night and froze three, we have another two. I think the pork loin will be thawed. I may cook it tonight. I know I will be cooking three out of four nights, but most of the meat is being frozen for later consumption. Since I am not ill all the time, cooking is not such a big deal, still a big deal for my back, but I have energy, along with severe back pain. Maybe with the lessened dust, I will be ill less often. 

Tommy has calmed down. I supposed he is resigned to paying the $500 deductible he has. We are going to watch for the woman at Publix! The insurance guy said we could still get her to pay if she has insurance. 

Do you think a plastic bumper scrubbing against a tire when driving can damage the tire? I thought the bumper was fiberglass, not plastic.


10 comments:

  1. I think probably a tire can withstand a plastic guard dragging on it but i also think you were smart to cover yourselves.
    Your Christmas card arrived yesterday, a m onth after you sent it! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Tommy is not assertive at all. So, I tried to cover ourselves. Well, now I know I need to send your Christmas card around Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Having less dust has got to make a difference for you. Paying $500 is better than paying the entire amount - because it won't be cheap. Doubtful it will be a quick fix either - nothing is anymore. Replacement parts are very hard to come by at this time. I am sure they will have to replace that fender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Plus, that dust is also from time he smoked for over 40 years in this house, not vacuuming for the last 20. If he could get someone to bend out the pokey part, it would be perfectly driveable. But, that would only benefit us.

      Delete
  3. Yes, that will damage the tire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe you may have some damage, but you should get it fixed ASAP and limit your driving until the repairs are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      The asap part is dependent on the insurance company and body shop! ugh We won't drive his car at all. I will drive my car. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. You are not going to get a single red cent out of that woman because you can't prove that she hit you. Nobody called the cops to document the event. That insurance guy is not only a liar but a fool.

    How much the tire is affected by the body part depends on how many miles you drove. 10 or so miles won't do much. The tread is what gets the significant wear. The sidewalls don't get any.

    Also, bumper/fender repair may or may not be expensive. It just depends. Sometimes on an older car they will just cut off the offending part and just ensure sure the rest will hold on properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      There will be a video from the parking lot. Yes, I know he lied! Thank you.
      This car is old and shabby! He said cutting it off was not going to happen.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...