Saturday, February 18, 2023

Tommy's Surprise/My Surprise

 Tommy came in from the mailbox holding an envelope with what appeared to be something thick, about an inch thick, appearing to be something about the size of a magazine, albeit, a thick one. He looked puzzled. I asked him if it was for me and to let me have it. He said it had his name on it, but it was from La Jolla, California.  I knew immediately and told it was from my friend, Janet, that she said he never got things, so it was a surprise for him. 

Well, he looked at the Reminisce magazines the rest of the afternoon! He also read some of the articles to me. So, Janet, that was a success. Thanks. Now, I cannot wait to read them, too. 

When I struggled into the kitchen before I turned off the lights, I noticed there were no dirty dishes in the sink. I looked in the dishwasher. Tommy had loaded the bowls and saucers. Several months ago when I could not load dishes, he started by only putting in the utensils. I had to correct the way he did that. He took to loading utensils often and well. Then, he decided he would load plates. Other than turning all the plates in one direction, he did well and corrected the way he loaded plates. 

Now, the task is almost complete! He loads the top rack! As I load while he hands things to me from the faraway sink, I talk about what I need and why I do whatever I am doing/loadiing. Of course, sometimes he puts the dishes on the counter over the dishwasher. 

He has gotten where he takes instructions better, thankfully. I am not strident or judgy, just commenting as I work. He finally understands I am not being bossy. 

I quit taking the antibiotic since I had taken 7 days already. Another 8 days would be undoable for me. I was getting sick again. Plus, the pain from the med was unbearable. It is like my body shuts down. Now, I will need another appointment! I finally feel human, just ill.

The temperature will be in 80s this week, so I am looking forward to this coming week. 

Have you ever read REMINISCE magazine? 

9 comments:

  1. No I haven't even heard of it. I learned something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely, thoughtful gift and even better that he enjoyed it!
    It seems that living together is beneficial for you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I thought it was a sweet gesture, because no one ever gives him anything but me. His friend pool here and in Cullman has expanded.

      Delete
  3. That was a nice gift, lovely to receive :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      It was lovely and something I cannot wait to read!

      Delete
  4. I am very pleased that Tommy (& you too) were pleased with the magazines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      We both really like them. Somehow, I started on the Christmas one. it is so nice.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...