Saturday, March 4, 2023

Disappointed

 I actually feel like I am going to die! But, that is not all the reason for not posting. 

I finally heard from the stress test. No heart blockages or any problem with arteries. Instead of calling me in 3-5 days, it was almost two weeks with me calling several times inquiring. I am not happy about the delay.

Now, I have to see how long it takes for follow-up appointment. I had changed eating habits which were not horrible, but now are better over last two years. I have plans for changing two more things--using more healthful dressing for salads and going back to natural peanut butter. 

We went back to OM in Cullman and I got another laptop. This one has color that is off, too. The color of the screen right now is my fault, and I will fix it. So, set to exchange this one for different. better and more expensive laptop.

I ordered grow lights to grow Romaine indoors. Tomorrow, I will plant wildflowers outside in flowerpots. I have a postcard to put in a pot. The postcard has embedded wildflower seeds. I have five seed balls to plant. I gave Lynda one and cleaner will get one tomorrow, so three for me. This will be fun.

Tomatoes and squash are back on the agenda since we love both. 

At Chicken Salad Chick I was given the wrong chicken salad a few weeks ago. Finally, I called and the manager said to bring in the receipt. I did and that manager was gone. So, I got whole new meal from interim manager--Classic Carol scoop and loaded baked potato soup. Tommy got an Arby's Roast Beef. 

Saturday, I finally got in touch with Zaxby/s and my salad with just breading and tiny pieces of that was replaced. The manager replaced Tommy's meal, too and gave me a drink even though I told her I did not order a drink. So, no need to think about dinner on Saturday. 

There is still no response from my new endocrinologist I have never seen. So, I am moving on to a new, new endocrinologist. I am so swollen I am afraid. 

And, another doctor wrote me a prescription for a med I assured him I could not take! When will it end? 

By the way, my tacky, stupid, waste-of-time "crafts" paid my bills for several years, but it is too bad people cannot understand using these items destined for the trash and transformed into items people treasure. Yes, I had people write me years later praising my treasures. No one is throwing them into the trash. Actually, I rescued materials from the trash. Now, I make wooden birds from scrap wood. 

We could barely see out the car window because of pollen today. So, Tommy will need to clean it every day, but he will probably resist! I had him get Claritin for me when he went into Publix. He came back with the only type they carried--chewable/dissolvable. I touched it to my tongue to see the flavor. Yuck--peppermint, so I just swallow it with water. I certainly could not bear to have it dissolve in my mouth.

My allergies are starting to act up. Are your allergies bothering you? 

On the way to Cullman, 55+ miles along the interstate, all the trees were a tender green, just barely leafing. The Bradford Pear trees are blooming like crazy, and the woods are edged with redbud trees, looking like tatting along the edge of pulled work. 

This typing has exhausted me. And, this color is annoying. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are OK. Checked often over the past few days. Glad your heart is good. That is huge.
    Can't understand the color issue. Gosh, I got a new computer in Dec. and it is wonderful. No problems whatsoever. It is a good old HP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I have an HP, too. What model do you have? I will have to switch to another model because all have weird color and they are not clear, print and pictures. I thought my vision suddenly failed. Nope. I checked with old laptop and it is definitely sharper than the new.
      I just feel so awful and can barely move!

      Delete
    2. It says intel COREi3. 15.6" screen - laptop
      Not sure what else I can tell you.
      Feel better.

      Delete
    3. Cheryl, Mine is intel Corei5. So, I am not sure. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like I really hurt your feelings with my comments about crafts.

    I apologize for yucking your yum, Linda. Truly. Some opinions I can and should keep to myself. It's okay to spout off--except when someone's feelings and delights are in the line of fire. I hope you can forgive my steamroller behavior.

    I don't really hate all crafts. I did TONS of crafts with my kids when they were young, and treasured everything they proudly brought home from art classes. But, it was stuff my kids made. I am still firmly convinced it was/is better than anything Michelangelo brought home to HIS mommy.

    That said, I am SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK! Jeepers, you had me worried you were in the hospital. I check your blog every day to see what's up in your world, and your lack of posts for several days unnerved me.

    You may think your little blog matters not, but there are more folks than you know who depend on it for wisdom, humor, and brand new information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      It was a bit much. Plus, I have been so sleep-deprived and ill. My daughter cannot believe I have kept things she made and still use them. I will be in the hospital soon, but not now.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to read that 'you are feeling awful' sending positive vibes and my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I can barely move. I am guessing it is thyroid. I know that "feeling awful" is really vague. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Linda, Have you given any thought to returning to you lampshade business? I believe you have a talent that not many have. Remaking a lampshade IS a form of recycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I have thought about it, especially since I need lampshades.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...