Monday, April 17, 2023

Discombobulated Sunday

 I would have taken notes as the day went on the explain it. I think it started when I tumbled over and into the walker. Of course the story would involve sleep or the lack thereof. 

I rarely know if the cleaner is coming on Sunday, so I get up anyway at 9 am. Saturday night, I did not sleep a wink. So, at 8 am, I got up, got ready, ate, and waited. Around 10 am, I went to bed. I slept for a few hours, got up for a while, laid back down and slept a bit. 

Before I staggered off and collapsed again, I put chicken drumsticks in a cooking bag. Tommy peeled four potatoes, and I trimmed them. He arranged them, added the onion I peeled and sliced,  and I put the drumsticks in and closed the bag. I had seasoned the chicken and put a bit of water into the bag. I think I was in the bed before he got the pan in the oven. 

I told him to get it out, have dinner and put it in the refrigerator. Well, I awoke just as he was taking it out. 

I never did get the day combobulated. I mainly lived through it. I could not sleep through Sunday night, so I was up and went back to bed a 8 am and slept until 11:30. 

Tuesday started off late but well. Maybe I have combobulated it all today. The other day, Tommy took my flip phone in to get pictures from my phone. It does not have a place to put an sd card like my last one did. So, I was to take it in to Walgreen's and they could put it on a disc. But, the pictures I wanted were not accessible. I was told to get the charging cord, plug the usb into laptop and other end into phone. We will see. 

I am not exhausted at all, barely tired. It is a miracle. And, knee is not hurting. So, we will go out and plant one flower and two packages of seeds. The oregano is coming back! 

Sunday, I was discommoded every way I turned. But, today has gone smoothly. But, Tommy is in the mood to argue loudly. 

Tommy finally got the mower on the phone. So, the yard will be mowed this week. About time. Our is the only shaggy yard on the street. 

Tommy will have chicken legs, carrots, potatoes, and zucchini--all leftovers. I will have frozen chicken breast, a bit of potato, carrots, and salad. 

Tommy needs to find more frozen meat to thaw so I can cook it. I need to bake some of the sweet potatoes we bought last September. 

Do you ever have a whole day that gets discombobulated? 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, actually today was pretty dang discombobulated. I woke up at 5am this morning, said, "Aw HELL NO" and went back to sleep...until 10am. Uhh, I was hoping for an extra 1 or 2 hours, not FIVE. Sheesh. Messed up my day big time. I feel like I am moving underwater. So slooooooooooooowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I would have loved 5 hours sleep and was only getting 2 or so. It does mess up my day to get the wrong amount of sleep or at the wrong time. I hope tomorrow is better for you. Feeling like you are moving underwater is pure torture. Better luck tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I've always heard the word discombobulated, and have even used it. I've never considered that there must be a combobulated to be dissed. I think we all have off days.

    One day last week, my hubby had to go to South Carolina for the funeral of his best army friend from his time in Vietnam. The night he was gone, I forgot to eat supper. I guess I'd consider that discombobulated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice,
    I think "combobulated" is a back formation, maybe not in the dictionary. It was definitely an off day, worst than most as far as sleep goes.
    It sounds like you were discombobulated...lol. That would be a great chance to lose weight if you wanted, or not cook.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...