Friday, April 7, 2023

We Are Back

 It seems we are over the worst of covid. However, I tire easily. Tommy said he does, too. I can tell by looking at him as he does things like bringing in the groceries. 

Late Thursday night, my left knee quit hurting as quickly as it started. That meant the trip to the grocery store was not painful. However, after I came home from the grocery, it started hurting a bit again. I have to use the walker around the house, but the pain is less. 

Tommy went into Publix when I did and bought pepsi and Coke. He is drinking about five cans a day. I drink maybe a whole or half. Today, I bought zucchini, milk again, cookies, tomatoes, bag of onions, and something else. 

Tonight, we cooked. YAY! Carrots, potatoes, zucchini, onions, celery. We had the frozen, baked chicken we thawed last night. Tommy put bbq sauce on his. We forgot about the slaw.

When Tommy had a fever, he had the reddest face I have seen. It looked like he had a suntan and red feverish face on top of that. No matter how high my fever, I just have pale pink cheeks. When I was making slaw, he said it would hurt his throat because of the vinegar. So, I made the slaw with only a tsp of vinegar. It was sweet. However, he refused to try it, afraid it would hurt his throat which, apparently, hurt much worse than my throat. Today, when he got out of the shower, he said, "It sure feels good to get wet and clean all over." 

It is going to rain all night until early tomorrow. I hate that the grass will be wet, or that it might be raining for Easter Egg Hunts. We may go watch the one in the park like we did other years. 

Yes, we survived covid, but we both tire very easily, me more than Tommy. 

12 comments:

  1. I love to decorate for spring with bunnies and tulips. I will leave them out until mid May.We still have snow and more coming tonight. So my bunnies and inside Tulips are my spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunnies and tulips say Spring to me. I saw pink tulips and yellow tulips in Publix today and wanted a pot of each. But, I knew they would be too expensive. I had antique ceramic bunnies, the kind that hold a plant that I put in the kitchen window each day before Easter. Maybe they are called figurine planters. I was wishing today I still had those. Inside Spring is an excellent idea. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are over the worst of Covid. Do not br surprised if the tiredness and fatigue last for a while. That has been the experience of everyone I know who has had Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances,
      I already and tired with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome! This is going to be rough, I fear. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you are both feeling better. I didn't realize it was ok for diabetics to drink that much soda? My dh drinks about that much pr day too. Usually 4 cans. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. It is NOT okay, but he thinks diet is okay. I remember your husband like Mt. Dew. I love it, too. But, will only drink about 3 ounces of Diet Mt. Dew at a time and only once in a while and certainly not more than once a week or so.

      Delete
  4. Tell Tommy to gargle with salt and warm water. Not that he will, LOL.

    For Easter I like to buy pots of hyacinth, narcissi, or daffodils so I can plant them after they've bloomed. I want some bang for my buck!

    Tulips are pretty but unless they are botanical tulips, they will emerge without a flower head in a year or two. I treat regular tulips as annuals and toss after blooming. I have two pots that I just planted with some overwintered bulbs; they should be coming up in late spring.

    I also threw some amaryllis left from last fall (never planted them for Xmas) into pots and they are taking off. They are pretty enough to enjoy all year long.

    I planted sugar snap peas in the cement urns on my front and side entrances. I stuck a metal spire in each (like the top of the Eiffel Tower) for them to train on. Today I saw 2 little sprouts poking through the surface. Yay--sugar snaps for my salads!

    Also, I tried to root some climbing hydrangea cuttings late last fall. I didn't have much hope in my gardening skills, but the cuttings are now budding! I'm thrilled--thanks, Mom Nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      He asked about something to gargle. I told him there was Listerine. So, he got about 6 ounces in a glass. Later, I asked him about whether it helped and did he want more. That is when I saw how much he got. I asked him where he spit. Back into the cup! Yuck. He said he did not mind using the spit in Listerine. One day, I snatched it up when he left the room and poured it out. He has never asked about his mouthwash.
      You do lots with plants to have them all the time. The peas sound great. I love them in salads. I wondered if the climbing hydrangeas took off. Great!

      Delete
  5. PS: Very relieved that you and Tommy have pulled through Covid! Don't push too hard during recovery--give yourselves grace and time and lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Thanks. We have to take it easy. Neither of us, especially me, can push too hard.

      Delete
  6. hopefully in time both of you heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      We have exhaustion and Tommy still coughs. Other than that, we are okay. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...